Marvin_Payne

Stereotypes - Gay Guys! <3

Marvin_Payne
Posted

Stereotypes are a big thing in general but when it comes down to the gay community, it's a different story. Why people have to classify a gay guy as a sissy, dramatic or a Sex Carver. In my eyes, humans are sexual beings as a whole. Don't make it seems as if homosexuality is a problem. And from what I hear, a world without gays, is like a life of black and white films. :-/

Another Thing:

Why diseases that have be created, people have to blame that on gays?? That's something I don't completely understand. Because we're different, that doesn't mean others can make us seem that we're the cause of all the negative things that take place in this world. Still to this day, my 19 years of being on this earth, I'm glad and proud of who I am. And NOTHING can make me feel otherwise.

Posted

Good for you Marvin.Aid was not started by the "gay" community but is blamed on them.A little bit more knowledge and iopen ness would have helped stop this type of homophobia

Andy_Walker
Posted

Marvin, Robert you are both right.

Stereotyping for anyone, Gay, Straight, Male of Female is really nonsense. We are all different.

Please keep up the "Good Fight" !

Marvin_Payne
Posted

Thanks. See I'm the type of person that would really stand up on this subject or any other subject. Knowing that people can't accept the real reason of the diseases and where they "Really" come from. It's just stupid to me. Like because some people classify us as Abnormal but it's crazy how the "Normal Way" seems to cause half of the problems, In my opinion.

Andy_Walker
Posted

Marvin, I could not agree with you more, There are many theories out there about where AIDS really began. It was, back in the 1980's called GRIDS (Gay Related Immunity Disease Syndrome). Now how is that for stereotyping???

There are more women in the world (particularly in Africa) who carry the disease. They, of course, are impoverished and do not have access to the triple antigen treatment that gay men who carry HIV in the developed countries have.

I have friends who are HIV+ and are probably healthier than me (I am HIV - and clean) but they have been stigmatised and stereotyped. I think that is your point.

Do you know that as a gay guy I am not allowed to donate blood? It is bloody pathetic.

Posted

ease to point finger the realize they made a mistake an so many good replys i almost not chime in

Posted

ease to point finger the realize they made a mistake an so many good replys i almost not chime in

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i dont know but it gets pretty old after a while

Posted

i don't mind the stereotyping...sure it's bad...but well what are you going to do???...the whole world isn't going to change and well we shouldn't expect it to...i mean if for some miracle of life it does...that's great...but people will always be people...gay, bi, trans, or straight...and it's unfortunate that the gay community gets blamed for the diseases...but well we're already fighting a disease & it's called homophobia...and i have to say...the fight against homophobia is actually coming along...i mean a lot of people that i either thought they wouldn't accept me...did accept me...& to my surprise i even helped some come out the closet too...but well even to the younger generation...when i tell them i'm gay...they're like oh ok...well that doesn't bother me...& i'm like are you serious???...kids your age used to pick on me for that...lol...& i'm talking about ages 11-16...so that's a good sign i guess...

Posted

with each breath a spark of hope dwells to the changing of the impposible to warm the soul........

Posted

of course it never hurts to hope...but also don't allow anyone to push you around and make you feel bad...if you're proud of being who you are...pick yourself up & brush off when people try to kick you down...actions speak louder than words...it's easy to say you're proud...but it's more important for you to simply show it...you don't owe anyone explanations...you are who you are...because that's who you have decided to be...some will like you...others will not...it's something we all get used to...

Merlin_Cheng
Posted

I find it ironic because LGBT community is suppose to be "as colorful as all the colors of the rainbow", which supposedly is all about embracing diversity.

But whatever it is, just be yourself, and be safe. I think that's what really matters the most IMO.

Posted

well as a said people are people...no matter what their sexual orientation is...and each person has their own color...their own ways, thoughts, and feelings...we all share similarities and differences...and that's perfectly fine...i mean imagine if everyone was alike or way too different...sort of dull as black and white...but we're a big rainbow...filled with many colors...beyond the regular rainbow...you just gotta stand out...choose your true color...

Posted

i so safe dust bunnies need gps to find me but my coset door oppening to sume..

Posted

But who to open the door to is the question.Many years ago,a friend ,Str8,visited me and asked me to perform oral.I trusted this guy as I had kown him many years.On completion,after he was satisfied,He proceeded to give me a goodbashing,no wxplanation at all.I met him the following day and all was as noirmal.again no explanation,never happened again.so who do you open the door to????