Tanguy_Muller

Dating an Older Guy - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I'm 18, and I've currently fallen for a guy who's... roughly, 26.

We both live in China, though he isn't Chinese and doesn't care about homophobia, he says that there is an "age issue" between the two of us.

What are ya'll comments about this? If love has no boundaries, then shouldn't age not matter?

Posted

Age does not matter at all if there is true love! People that used the age barrier as an excuse is because they are afraid to fall in love with somebody younger or older then them. I am 35 and my ex fiance is 20 y/o now. We were together for 2 years until he cheated on me and I called off the wedding and I broke up with him. My actual BF is 23 y/o and we love each other very much!!!

So now age it is not and issue, it is just a cheap excuse!!!

Posted

How does one convince someone otherwise that the fear is just that, fear. It's the thing that we'll regret doing. How does someone tell someone else that?

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

dateing older men can be fun

Mark_Lamerton
Posted

I am just turned 59 and my ex is 23, we had a really good time together completely forgetting the age difference between us. He met someone a lot younger than me, a mere 50 and fell for him in a big way. Happily we are still very good friends and still do a lot of things together that friends do. We still give each other a hug and friendly kiss (no tongues). I think despite him meeting someone else I think it would have come to a natural end mainly because I was the one very much aware of the age gap, a lot bigger than the examples above and thought it unfair to move towards a more committed long term relationship that would see me moving into old age when he is still very much in his prime. It dawned on me early this year when I realised that next year I will turn 60 several months before he reaches 25 and to me that seemed a much larger gap than now even though in reality the age difference between us would still be exactly the same. Oh and before any one comments he wasn't after a sugar daddy to keep him and pay for all his needs, he always paid his way taking his turn or giving me half towards the restaurant bill, theatre or cinema tickets etc. He says his current boyfriend wants to go on holiday but he won't go as he can't afford it and doesn't want his boyfriend to feel he has to pay for him, says they will have a really good holiday together when he has some money to pay his way.

Alan_John_Stenning
Posted

Hi boys im 56 and im really good fun always horny too .
profile pic taken last year .

Posted

Tanguy, You don't have to convince anyone. If there is love it will happen all by itself. Even if there is a physical attraction only, Still it will happen all by itself.

Posted

it shouldn't matter who ur with, just as long as ur happy

Posted

it shouldn't matter who ur with, just as long as ur happy

Robert_Connors
Posted

and your problem is? age shouldnt matter am chatting with a guy 19 yrs younger than I and we really like each other going to meat soon

Andy_Walker
Posted

Guys, I am 56 years young. I live in Melbourne Australia and we have a very healthy Gay scene here. Age seems to be irrelevant as long as you are respectful of other people. Sure there are gorgeous young gay guys out there who I would love to jump, but I am afraid that I remind them of their own Dads. I would never hurt anyone, yet I have discovered that there are a lot of young guys who need or want intimacy with a guy who has "been around the traps". Being a "father figure" (with benefits) is not so bad. Like I said, it is all a matter of respect...in both directions.

Andy_Walker
Posted

Guys, I am 56 years young. I live in Melbourne Australia and we have a very healthy Gay scene here. Age seems to be irrelevant as long as you are respectful of other people. Sure there are gorgeous young gay guys out there who I would love to jump, but I am afraid that I remind them of their own Dads. I would never hurt anyone, yet I have discovered that there are a lot of young guys who need or want intimacy with a guy who has "been around the traps". Being a "father figure" (with benefits) is not so bad. Like I said, it is all a matter of respect...in both directions.

Kevin_Briggs
Posted

hey age is just a number as long as your happy with whom your with it really shouldnt matter

Andy_Walker
Posted

Kevin, I am with you. Age is a state of mind.

Posted

well i agree that age is just a number...yet i myself actually keep an age limit...haha...but well if people like to date older men...i see no problem...and well you're both still young...and well just give him his space...and give him time...if you really love him...and you want to wait for him...let him know that you love him and that you'll wait for him...if it's meant to be...it's meant to be...so just hang in there...

Ryan_Bistarkey
Posted

The experience that I have noticed with an age difference creating a problem in a relationship is when the two individuals are at to different stages in their lives. To be more specific, tranisition periods create a lot of tension in a relationship. Transition periods allow one to grow and learn. Such an experience usually creates a "new" person. If the two individuals are in two different transition periods the individuals usually have difficutly accepting the "new" person their boy/girlfriend has become. However, this can happen when peopl are relatively the same age too. The key to working through the transition time is to communicate, share, and express your emotions and thoughts towards one another. Also, one needs to accept the "new" person their lover has become.

-Ryan

Posted

Have to say agree with alot of the comments on here,age doesnt really matter,i think most guys do use it as an excuse,if you both feel attracted to each other and what to get to know each more in a relationship thats all that should really matter.

Posted

Have to say agree with alot of the comments on here,age doesnt really matter,i think most guys do use it as an excuse,if you both feel attracted to each other and what to get to know each more in a relationship thats all that should really matter.

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

he just mat be useing the age factor as not to hurt your felings becuse hes not instreeded in you you cant make some one love you and yes i have dated older and younger tham me, i would find someone who wanted me for me

Lorenz_Banks
Posted

well for me age is a numba i,ve had 18 23 32 28 an all they want is sex I luv younger guys legal of course but I can't find any mature enough to commit wwyd?

Lorenz_Banks
Posted

well for me age is a numba i,ve had 18 23 32 28 an all they want is sex I luv younger guys legal of course but I can't find any mature enough to commit wwyd?

Lorenz_Banks
Posted

Lorenz_Banks
Posted

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Tanguy,If he is saying there is a age difference then there is something wroung with him not you..Maybe he is not ready for to start a relationship..I would have to tell you to wait alittle bit and see how things go before jumping into it with him..Let him come around to you have fun and be safe doing it...

Neil_Hilde
Posted

Some guys do have an age limit. For me, it's no younger than 21, and I go up to 40ish. May be the same for that guy. Right now, I'm 32 and chatting with a guy much older than I am, and he's past my usual 40ish mark. You find the right guy and you tend to ignore the usual personal rules. ;-)

SO, if you flirt with a guy who's older, or younger, than yourself, and he comes up with some excuse, it just means he's not that interested. Either give it some time, or move on. It doesn't matter how cute you think they are, some guys are just not worth pursuing... lol