Sharon_Saw
Posted

very nice

Posted

second that very nice

Posted

second that very nice

Posted

Thank you everyone. I saw the movie “Everything is Illuminated” that deals with a young man who seeks out his own existence to find his grandfather and the history of the Russian Jewish family he came from. (Starring Elijah Wood) He saved stones and other things to help him remember a time in his own life. He comes to a house in the middle of a field of sunflowers and meets a woman who saved keepsakes of those who were killed and died together. She said to give them purpose of life, so that those who knew them would have a memory of who they were and she had many of these boxes stacked in her modest home to symbolize that these people did exist and were not forgotten. Influenced by this I wrote this poem. This movie mezmerized me because I always wonder what my mother went durng WWII and what she might have been feeling. We are not Jewish but I sympathize for the atrocities and millions were killed. "Schindlers LIst" , also a wonderful movie of being remembered. I have researched the Jewish heritage they have suffered at the hands of dictators many many times through the centuries.
My mother lived in Yugoslavia, which is now broken up into 3 smaller countries or providences and that equally makes me sad as my mother's country is now a new name and then I see the area not too long ago where so many people suffered again in the Bosnian extermination of so many human lives it makes me ill how we as humans can be so vicious and this movie touched my heart so much because of all the lives that were lost this woman made sure they mattered. It was beautiful!

Posted

Thank you everyone. I saw the movie “Everything is Illuminated” that deals with a young man who seeks out his own existence to find his grandfather and the history of the Russian Jewish family he came from. (Starring Elijah Wood) He saved stones and other things to help him remember a time in his own life. He comes to a house in the middle of a field of sunflowers and meets a woman who saved keepsakes of those who were killed and died together. She said to give them purpose of life, so that those who knew them would have a memory of who they were and she had many of these boxes stacked in her modest home to symbolize that these people did exist and were not forgotten. Influenced by this I wrote this poem. This movie mezmerized me because I always wonder what my mother went durng WWII and what she might have been feeling. We are not Jewish but I sympathize for the atrocities and millions were killed. "Schindlers LIst" , also a wonderful movie of being remembered. I have researched the Jewish heritage they have suffered at the hands of dictators many many times through the centuries.
My mother lived in Yugoslavia, which is now broken up into 3 smaller countries or providences and that equally makes me sad as my mother's country is now a new name and then I see the area not too long ago where so many people suffered again in the Bosnian extermination of so many human lives it makes me ill how we as humans can be so vicious and this movie touched my heart so much because of all the lives that were lost this woman made sure they mattered. It was beautiful!