what are lipstick lesbians - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

:S < confusion

Posted

so they love the make up, see i don't get it, i love make up, not obsessively and i shop but not obsessively, ok i love my xbox and football, but i SHOULD be a lipstick lesbian x

Posted

Yeah what Keiseki said . I think everyone want to show there own personality though there style. Lipstick lesbians are the opposite of butch lesbians. Girls who want to act like glam girls but still date other girls.

Posted

ohhh oh well i'm not a fan of them much x

jessicazylee
Posted

"femme/lipstick" and "butch/tomboy" are attempts by people to heterosexualize female-female relationships, but labeling one half of a female pair as feminine and the other as masculine. they fulfill certain 'gender roles' and dress accordingly so that others may discern the difference.

Posted

I don't think thats totally true really. You can get girls who like to look fem but also still be the boss in a relationship. I'm also guessing you can get girls who like to look tomboyish but still like being fem.

Its like saying that if your goth you have to be depressed all the time and wear black .

jessicazylee
Posted

well of course; looks do not translate to personality

however, the fact that we label people as either one or the other is attempting to conform people to one or hte other. it's rather removed from teh goth thing i feel. it's, one dresses more feminine, so they are labelled a "femme" and assumed to be more submissive. if they are not submissive, then they "look like a femme", but that also assumes that femme behavior is submissive

Posted

Let's just leave it at girly girls who like girly girls. All this politics is making me rage XP

jessicazylee
Posted

:P I'm a political science major with an emphasis on social movements and public policy

Posted

jessica is sexy

jessicazylee
Posted

lol thankies haha

Posted

;O no problemo

Posted

AFAIK lipstick lesbian refers to a femme who likes femmes. Also in my mind it only refers to appearance, not sexual (or otherwise) behaviour. In which case I'm more familiar with Top/Bottom, but one could argue that is strictly sexual. If we're talking about other general behaviour between two partners, then it's more along the lines of "so who wears the metaphorical pants?" and the like.

Posted

everyone seems to have a different definition of each thing so just stick with being who you are give your own titles