Jony_Star

I Don't Know Maybe It's Just Me... - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

some people have gotten offended...or they stop talking to me because i ask them nicely not to use any boyfriend terms with me...you know call me babe, baby, hunny, love, and etc...but i mean it's not a big deal i know...but i'm not in a relationship with the person...so why would you even call me that???...what's wrong with calling me buddy, bud, pal, friend...anything you would use to call a friend???...i don't know maybe it's just me...

Posted

i dont like people calling me things like babe, love, hunny stuff like that relationship or no relationshi[

Posted

*hugs* You're fine Jony. They just don't see you the way me and your real friends do. :-)

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

iam with you on that jony i tell people that all the time you dont know me to say i love you or call me hun sweety or babe i have a name please use it,and please dont tell me how you want to kiss me all over cuz the answer is no

Posted

ikr??i hate it when ppl call me any of those cos i know none of them will ever mean that,or love me--so stop calling me anything other than by my name and love???ha!!dont dare say you love me when you dont know me in person,and hung out for a while,like 3-6 months,i think that is fair

Posted

i mean i don't mind if we're in a relationship...i don't really use them myself...but again it's like we don't know each other...so why???...haha...

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

well i know from a few of my brittish friends whan thay say love its not the way we think of it here in north america so i let that slide but i will let tham know how i feel about tham saying that to me

Posted

that's understandable, unless it's part of some inside joke, i don't like it either

Posted

i fust dont pay attention to it i just let it slide why having an argument over it lol

Posted

Because a big part of is formalty. How you call someone defines where you want to stand with this particular person. Calling someone babe or honey off the bat is just plain ignorant and rude. T 3 T Plus it's a tactic scammers use online. My head yellow flags anyone calling me baby or honey.

l only like being called babe and only one special dude l'll allow to call me babe. l don't even call people by their name unless l've known them a good while and is involved in chat with on a regular basis.

Rod_Bell
Posted

I allow the nurse at my doctor's office to call me hon. I really don't mind it. I have had another guy call me babe & it was fine.

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

Ooops I do call my friends hon and i dont care what they call me as long as it isnt anything rude.lolMost of them call me darling hon etc as well as nick names. I know if i have pissed them off if they say Antony.We tell each other i love you as well(only my close ones and family).However when i am going out with a potential boyfriend it takes me a long time before i would even consider something like that.I will make sure i dont address anyone in those terms on this site.

Posted

actually,being called hun,honey,babe,sugar,and baby makes me feel uncomfortable,so idk if id be able to get used to that even in a relationship but who knows?i might

Posted

Usually I just ignore it. If you stick with a conversation, it usually becomes pretty obvious whether the person is saying it just out of some habit like Antony described, or if they're one of those weird internet people who think you're going to fall in love with them if they say surreal romance-novel one-liners to you. Obviously, if it's the latter, I just stop talking to them.

Posted

I call guy's Babe all the time, it's just the way i address everyone male or female. If they get offended i apoligise but no one has ever pulled me up on it yet. I even call ppl i dont fancy Babe.

Posted

i never thought of lhi love as a thing to say to my bf .... i use it to all my friends but maybe you got a point man

Posted

Yeahhh ..I admit I can get that way myself and I've been called out on it by only one person here when I used it (U know who U are ..it's cool). So I try not to use those terms now unless I've reached some level of endearment with a person. So I'll try to avoid it ...but we all know what they say about old habits. :-)

Posted

well love...i mean...i'd use it with a really close friend......and the only person i call love is my cousin...cuz me and her are really close friends...not just family...