~ Weight loss record book ~ - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Hi everyone, I've read two very interesting topics about weight loss. And I felt really happy because people care more about their healths now! A good news! How about let's start something motivation, inspiration and new?

From today, let's jot down here every ONE pound you've loss, or more than that. The only rule is to be consistent and never give up!

Okay! Also, please tell us your current weight (if you want) and how much do you want to loss. If you have more time, do share with the others what do you do to loss weight. Be honest!

Let me be the first one: I've lost 4 pounds at May (not healthy). Even though I'm not over weight or obese, I still want to keep myself in good shape. At May, I ate less and I went for treadmill for 66 minutes each time, two times a week. I've done 3 so far. I'm a little lazy recently.

Now it's your TURN! ^_^

Posted

Well to be on honest I want to gain weight as I lost too much recently probabley due to excitement of joining my BF at his house and going to live with him

Posted

After being rather fat for years but blinded by my own box I went on a rapid weight loss drive, I lost 45kg in 3months. Currently I'm 65kg but would love to hit 55kg.

I zumba three times a week, mostly more but to average my lazy weeks Hahaha and I go to the gym to do weight classes and step classes

Posted

im thinking of just eating leaves off plants like dandilions and stuff,and exercising for about 7 months or however long it would take to lose the weight I need to

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

Ike its all about realistic goals....say 2-3 pounds a week.A good healthy diet that includes all the food types.The fad starvation diets can lead to weight gain in the long run.Remeber atkins died of obesity.I found a food diary is good and learning to cook with lots of herbs and spices can transform boring diet food into a delicious feast.

Posted

A very simple Biology principle. Human bodies need IRON to burn calories and fats, so the intake of foods rich in iron such as liver and tuna is an essential step to weight losing.

This also proofs that starvation diet doesn't work because your body doesn't have enough iron that needed to burn extra fats. Starving is just a short term way of losing weight. Many people tend to eat more after realizing that they lose way too slow, they started to give up and eat more, which will result in extra weight gain, an opposite to the goal.

@Ike, eating only vegetables is not a good way. I suggest you to eat very less oily foods and fast foods. Guys, we are in a more advantage situation because our bodies use up/digest more calories per day than the ladies. If you really want to lose weight, please stop eating fast foods because I know Caucasians love it (no offense).

@Antony, losing 2-3 pounds a week is not that healthy I guess. The ideal weight lose is 1 or 2 KGs (2-5 pounds) per M.O.N.T.H. And yes you are right, if you have time, do share with us some healthy recipes, I would love to make them on my own too ((:

And one more thing, walking NEVER helps on weight loss, sorry. You need to sweat. Fast walking or jogging is a not-bad way but I would suggest you do some elliptical machines because it burns your whole body calories.

Good luck and please trust me ((:

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

Totaly disagree walking has a calorific benifit as does simple things such as house work.Yes for a diet aprox 2 pounds per week aiming for 1/2 a stone a month is perfectly healthy.I would ban the word diet and put healthy lifestyle choice.Point of interest, alot calories we burn are when we are asleep and lack of sleep can slow down weight loss.
Yes Iron is important but so are a vast number of other factors.....the human body is so adaptable if you are starving it wants to hang onto fat as long as it can for survival.

Posted

Yes maybe like what you've said walking has calorific benefit. But how much? Losing 99 calories after walking for 2 miles? Apparently, many people classified walking as a "not effective" weight losing method.

If you want to lose weight by JUST walking, maybe it will work - if you are walking from Alaska to New Zealand.

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

The point is realistic eg get into the habbit of using the stairs not the lift,walk instead of using the car things like that,it all adds up.Alot of people have trouble sticking to a strict gymn routine but can benifit from healthy habbits.
I think you also have to take into account anaerobic and aerobic exercise and what happens in the body.Its a bit more complicated than just heart rate.
Anyway i am now going to walk to my supermarket uphill,buy all my fruit and veg carry it home and put it away.Heart rate up hill walking+lifting bags+walking back with bags downhill activating muscles groups not envolved in the uphill walk.Do you see where i am coming from,good for you if you can stick to a regular gymn routine it tends to make me feel like a laboritory rat.

Posted

ive never had a car or even a licence,always have walked everywhere--even from another state to my state,but have gotten lazy last three months,need to build up my body,or just get fatter and in bad health

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

I thought you yanks drove everywhere.Just keep active and eat healthily and it will soon drop off.Dont be down on yourself.....the good thing about exercise is it releases chemicals in the blood that make you feel all warm and happy.For me the battle is talking myself into the gymn once i have gone through the door and done it,it feels great.I always do it first thing in the morning so i have less chance of talking myself out of it during the day.I probably sound as mad as a box of frogs with all my internal dialoge but thats me.