do you believe that - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

God said homosexuality was wrong simply because any infections created at that time (STDs - even with straight couples) could have affected the population enormously because there was no proper medication, or is this humanity's way of softening the bibble's commandments

i believe this could be one reason... but am i wrong for agreeing with it

Shelley_M_Woods
Posted

it's not that being gay is wrong it's people put more into the sex side then into love which is one of the 10 commandments to love others as ourselves. but god honors love no matter if straight or gay

Posted

so the sex bit is the wrong side, but the pure love dovey stuff is ok i getcha, i can see why thats a problem xx

RevDSJAustin
Posted

God created us physical as well as emotional beings & said his creation was 'Very Good'. We must not disembody what God has made - sexual desire is not evil - one flesh union is symbolic of Christ's relationship with His Church. Unitive desire is God's idea !!

Ricky_Horscraft
Posted

also, we must distinguish between what God "says" and what different interpreters of the Bible *would like to believe*. How you interpret the Bible is very much to do with what you understand the essence of God to be and your ability to reflect on its content. It is not a transcript of one conversation with God that has never changed it is a record of man's human and spiritual journey and how he has experienced God in his life over the years. having sex does not make a person sinful but a person can make sex sinful if it is an exploitative rather than life-enhancing act.

Tina_Lyn
Posted

Ok I studied this topic Theologically and Biblically. Trust me when I say I know what I'm talking about with this. I went through hell coming to this conclusion because I love God so much. I am a Christian...a very devoted Christian and I am here to tell you that no the bible says nothing anywhere in it that what we do is wrong. I will tell you why: When the bible was written the word "homosexual" didn't exists. In fact the word homosexual wasn't even in the King James Version of The Bible. The word "homosexual" was put into the newer translations of The Bible by MAN. The 7 scriptures there are referring to "homosexual SEX" meant nothing about "us" in the days that scripture was written. In the times of scripture there were men who were raping young boys and men who were raping their male slaves. These were the two "homosexual" acts that were known at that time. Therefore The Bible is NOT about US. It is about rape and violation. We as a homosexual community are not here going around raping each other. We are human beings...GODS human beings who HE made and we just happen to love people of our same sex. I love women. So what. It doesn't mean I'm going to hell. How can I not live my life the way God made me when I truly believe that God can NEVER make mistakes. Rape and Violation. That is what the 7 scriptures on "homosexuality" mean in The Bible. So bottom line is ....no its not wrong. If a Fundamentalist Christian who has no Theological knowledge of The Bible wants to judge us...let them. They dont know what the heck they are talking about. Even many preachers dont know of this stuff. Its really sad honestly.

Tina_Lyn
Posted

Oh and no the sexual part of a homosexual relationship is not wrong. It is rape that is wrong. Not making love to your partner who you love and cherish.

Lee_Anthony
Posted

I agree with Tina Lyn that no were in the Bible does it condemn gay people the versions that make out it are but false translations often interpreted wrong by deliberate by homophobic people with prejudice or accidentally interpreted that way cos the word they read is so hard to translate to our language.

I do not take any notice now of these homophobes they can charge me with all sorts cos i no its not me who is deceived but them with what they have been told to believe the Bible says by prejudiced pastors and lack of understanding of the Bible.

Jodie_Hendricks
Posted

I agree with Tina too and add to that people fear what they don't know, or are to afraid to even want to know. Thanks for letting us know this Tina

Dave_John_41664
Posted

very helpful x

Martin_Hawken
Posted

good conversation - but we must remember since the scriptures 'man' has interpreted the Bible many times and some of these have been homophobes

Tina_Lyn
Posted

You are welcome guys. Like I said I studied it extensively from a Theological as have I from a Christian point of view as well. I hope everyone reads what I wrote. There would be a whole lot more gay Christians than there are. Homophobic ignorance is scaring people from Christianity and frankly it really pisses me off...

Sarah_McDurham_50721
Posted

Wow! Tina way to go on your fabulous research.

my pastor ( at Metropolitan Community Gospel) has told us in every one of his sermons that if something doesn't sit right with you in the Bible or what is said in service...PRAY to God & RESEARCH it.

if all we do is take whatever is told to us then we are as ignorant as the ancient English royals thought we were. mere peasants who can't READ or WRITE. get yourself a REAL good study Bible!! like a preacher's Bible. they usually tell you all the different bible translations, language changes, geographical notes. this Bible is really great for research..
"HCSB Study Bible Holman Christian Standard Bible
God's Word for Life" it's a bit expensive, but worth every penny

there's also a great book for a gay Christian
Rick Brentlinger"s "Gay Christian 101 Spiritual Self-Defense For Gay Christians"

hope this was some kind of help.

Tina_Lyn
Posted

Good Comment Sarah also there is a book I read years ago called "Holy Homosexuals" that is a good one as well. This is a GREAT topic.....wish everyone would get on board and read this thread....

Sarah_McDurham_50721
Posted

thank you Tina i'm still learning quite a bit as i am a born-again. gotta get those spiritual defenses quickly lol
i agree...this topic should be crazy shared throughout all social sites!

Tina_Lyn
Posted

Yes. And grats on that...I have been a pretty strong and devoted Christian for about 7 years now. And pretty proud of it too I thank God every day for my life cuz I know that if it wasn't for Him, I surely would NOT be here right now.....

Sarah_McDurham_50721
Posted

thank you again, Tina. i have always felt that something bigger was out there. just didn't know WHAT? i believe God was looking after me throughout my crazy life even before i knew/accepted Him. Like you, i know that i wouldn't be here now without Him.
can i get an Amen?? ha ha

Tina_Lyn
Posted

Amen sister...I love Jesus...Im never afraid or ashamed to say it. God is the ONLY reason I am alive. If you knew my life you would agree Some women dont want to date me cuz they know what kind of believer I am and dont agree or dont want to be preached at (which i would never do anyway) so they run from me ( a Jesus freak) . I'm a cool Christian though. God loves me despite my foul language and flaws and character defects He's ok with it all today and definitly knows Im a work in progress....hope I always am actually. I never want to "get there" I always want the opportunity to learn and grow in this world. Always a work in progress is my goal

RevDSJAustin
Posted

Dear Friend,

I just signed a letter to Russian president Dmitry Medvedev, demanding that he condemn the recent violence against LGBT activists in Moscow.
On Saturday, May 28, The Mayor of Moscow did the unthinkable: After peaceful Pride marchers were viciously attacked by a gang of neo-Nazis and right wing extremists, he stood by as the police arrested the dozens of peaceful participants.

For 6 years, LGBT Russians have fought the mayors of Moscow for the simple right to live and love freely, out of the shadows. Now they have asked for our help to make sure this does not happen again. But our window is closing - the international media will likely stop paying attention if we don’t act now and keep the pressure on.

Will you take just one minute to sign this petition to President Dmitry Medvedev of Russia, urging him to condemn the violence and compel the Mayor of Moscow, Sergey Sobyanin to make Moscow Pride legal once and for all?

www.allout.org/moscow

Posted

The Bible says not to covet. Which means not to desire something that doesn't belong to you. That's one of the 10 commandments. The things I desire are very passionate in me and to the point of lust, as if it is my food and i can go on thinking about it without even eating food, cause i want this object or subject of affection so bad. There's nothing wrong with any desire, as long as it isn't something that doesn't belong to you. That example of rape and violence is often the result of coveting. God requests us to seek Him in this same hungry way. To have a relationship with Him. He put the desires in your heart and conditioned you in lifestyle you went through. But if you take your burdens and wants to Him, and you wait in patience and faith, He will give to you what you so long for and believe is yours. And bang on His door really hard if He takes forever to answer, or tear the roof off His house and break in. He won't mind. But let Him bring it to you as you make yourself a good example to others. I actually hate myself for being so smart and faithful to God, because if I wasn't I would be getting lots of sex and all I want probably. But nah, I'd rather just wait for it. And I'd rather stand in defiance to my family, never eat, go homeless, whatever it takes to get what I want without taking it by force against one's person. God has heard me. And did you ask how does homosexuality and religion collide in one's walk with God? Like a big ****ing bang! Cause all the lives man has held hostage and especially here in America-sodomizing their own from living as children of God and who are commanded to HEAR His voice rather than their parents, I tell you, He ain't going to ask for your permission to have a relationship with your child, America. He's going to come as a thief in the night and take whom is His. And I ain't hesitating in whom i'm going to rob so i can get my people backKKKKKK.

And they're going to be ready and willing to go with me and Jesus because we were given an oppurtunity to fellowship, to have a relationship, to encourage one another-this what is CHURCH! To tell the truth. Who are the rapists but the church? And the State! Condition our minds to believe we belong to you. No! I wear the Lord's skirt! And God is getting us ready for scattering everybody and destroying many nations and all so I can make a picnic in the woods on my white skirt. And so if the Church hadn't tried to make their own rules and hold so many in bondage, then nobody would be lustful for that which they know belongs to them, but which you say is in your high command of dictating righteousness and that it is yours, which is not so, but a LIE!

The devil, who is Lucifer coveted to know what was about the Crystal Lake. God would not tellll miH or no one. God said all This you can have, but do NOT question Me of My authority and integrity. You have My love. Do you not believe I love you? That Crystal Lake is the crystal lake which lay before Him as He sits on His throne and in it are the thoughts of all men, angels and all creation. The prayers of all the saints, coming up into His nostrils as incense. He breaths YOU!! Satan wanted to challenge God of His love to see how great it is. And Lucifer wanted a chance to take on the minds of us all on a great battlefield and sooooooooo God obliged and said, Okay, Let's go! And He sent all His children to earth and Lucifer and all siH legions falling from the Heaven and Kingdom onto the earth FOREVER outst from Home. To Challenge us. To get into our minds and make us figure and wonder and doubt for why God should love me. We are always trying to figure it out but from the bginning when we all were with Him in Eternity we were all fine, but now we will know what God's love means. And that love is given to each individual to hold and embrace as he wishes and it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!

-Cat

Posted

This much I know is true. If you read God's Word regularly, pray to Him regularly, and Praise Him with songs and love Him with all your heart, body, mind, spirit and soul, you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Truth gives you liberation. Truth gives you peace of mind. Truth gives you a peaceful heart. Truth free you from confusion. God says, Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door will open...and I'm sure we all know the rest. I am in no place to judge. Whether who we are is right or wrong, is between you and God. The Bible says to not believe what everyone says. So make the effort to study, research and know His Words fully and deeply so you will be walking in the light as He is in the LIght. I pray this for all of us. In Jesus name, Amen.

Posted

i love the advice people on giving on here, thank you x

Tina_Lyn
Posted

Youre very welcome Sophie. It is very important that you find your way with God if you want to live a happy and fulfilling life. The stuff I posted is nothing but a lot of studying and research on the theology of the bible. However, it is important that you find your way with God and are happy in your life. Do not fear God out of fear of being "wrong". God doesnt make mistakes honey that means none of us, gay or straight, were made in error or to be something that we arent. You are moving in the right directions. Keep seeking. Matthew 7:7. Read it and learn it and study it and grow with it. Best of luck to you darlin.