Do single people go to gay prides or is it just couples - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

please because i'm thinking of going to birmingham pride this yr

Posted

all my mates are straight though

jessicazylee
Posted

haha... actually i find it unusual for couples to go to pride together. just go and have fun [and stay safe!]

Posted

i'm going birmingham pride, thats if i'm not working : ) x

Posted

:'( stay safe, gotcha.... i dunno what to do, i mean i don't go to gay clubs because i hate crowds and dressing up but i mean this is a casual event so i really wanna go but i'm still alil nervous and i can't really take my straight friends because they'll batter me and it doesn't feel right meeting with gay girls because that just feels like i'm using them... and anyway nobody will want to go with meee

jessicazylee
Posted

stay safe because there are predators in the gay community as well, not to mention since many ppl celebrate pride with large amounts of alcohol, it's easy to find drunk kids.

Treat it like any massive party... dont go where u're not supposed to [i agree that the drinking age should be lowered, but until it is, dont. if u or ur friends get into trouble, u're less likely to seek help because of alcohol]. if you drink, watch your drink, take it with u. make sure u keep a head count at all times. make sure everyone has their cellphones on their person [i recommend on vibrate, since u might not be able to hear it.

grab a good friend or two. larger crowds are a pain to coordinate. if u're going alone, make sure someone knows where u are, or u are able to 'checkin' at set times [when I went to pride alone, I texted my boyfriend every hour].

honeslty it's not that dangerous, just some things really need to be spelled out [kinda like safety for prom... no one talks about it, but they should.]

jessicazylee
Posted

I'm a paranoid person. I went to an international school in china while everyone hated the united states. I went to college in the middle of Indiana, full of racists, sexists and homophobes.

my paranoia and overpreparation pays off. sure some ppl find me a pain to be with, but they know they'll be safe. be sure to explain the rules BEFORE you go out, or u'll have to deal with some drunk idiot who insists there's nothing wrong with following a hot girl into a truck for making out. i am NOT kidding.

Posted

Yeah I was single when I went to pride and my friends were trying to get me to hit on the waitress who kept looking at me and wanted me to have chicks on both my arms hahaha.

Posted

i over prepare too :] and mum always tells me not to leave drinks around and follow strangers, so i'm goodd thank you @ jessica xxx

Gerri_Marris
Posted

Im single and I always go.. This year the one in Brighton is the day after my birhtday so a load of us are going down there for a few days.. Double celebration!!

Danielle_Payne
Posted

i used to go with my mates now i go with my gf and have always found a mix of couples and singles,i'd take the advice about being safe to heart and try and stay with the crowd,these things always seam to attract homophobes too and tho usually its just the usually insults been shouted better safe than sorry,that said you will have a blast they are funnnnnnnnnnn,if my baby is on leave we're planning on going to doncaster in august

Rachel_Kind
Posted

UGG i really want to go to pride but I forgot to check the schedule and will be out of town DAMN IT!

jessicazylee
Posted

ahahahaha... taiwan's pride wont be until october, so until then i'm going to get peeved with all the notifications on my facebook

Anthonia_Lam
Posted

i dot even have a chance to go. so sad.

jessicazylee
Posted

true that [i took a peek at your profile to see where u are at]

Anthonia_Lam
Posted

but shanghai might has gay pride or hk has. maybe i can be these places though.

jessicazylee
Posted

yaa. hong kong might be better, though both places are really small pride celebrations compared to Taiwan. We have Asia's record on pride, we're the most progressive state. 30,000 people last year, and the grand marshall was A-mei!

Anthonia_Lam
Posted

hah, i know about that. That is why i want to travel Taiwan

Nikki_Lewis_52736
Posted

pride in middlesbrough uk is canceled this year it wud have been my first one :'( but i will go to northern pride in newcastle with my girlfriend and hopefully some friends too!!! x

Posted

manchester pride... i just turned 18 and i want to go.. but dont wanna go alone... i think imma go withh my guy friend and his girlfriend cuz they the closest of friends since i dont got that many friends...

Lucy_Taylor_40258
Posted

@Violet. GO TO MANCHESTER pride! I went last year....best time of my life AND I was alone. Best idea is if you aren't from there, book a bed at a hostel, all the hostels are full of gays from everywhere, thats how I made friends then you head out to party with them seriously just go, you'll love it i guarentee

Posted

i think i'll go to the manchester one, when is that? :O

Cole_Green
Posted

Manchester Pride was fantastic last time I went, but Canal Street is awesome at any time of the year anyway!

Posted

im going to a gay pride this friday, so im a bit nervous wht to expect at my first tme, im single and i also have no friends in general, let alone ones to go with me.

does anyone have good advice that i will need to know so i can make friends and fit in ?