Duncan_Gosling

Love lost - Gay Guys! <3

Duncan_Gosling
Posted

I think the internet has killed romance. Any thoughts?

Posted

NOT NECESSARY

Posted

wat's up

Posted

only in some case's, as 4 me, i hav my b/f from the internet and we couldnt be happier.

Posted

YEAH I SEE HER nice photo .. we can have fun with each other.. u have webcam

Posted

the only thing that can chase love away and kill the romance is money and suspicion you know the little things that keep irritating... as for the INTERNET its just a tool like the ink letters back in the day and sending each other naked photographs, love is greater and more important than that, love is a Devin gift from god, and that my friend cant be killed so romance is what you do the code of ethics that you use in your relationship, its the beautiful painting that have to be maintained always, romance is your behavior wither it was on-line or in real life so make sure that you treat your partner boy or girl with the respect that they deserve and the love they should have and a little more, be considered be sincere be yourself and believe that romance is always alive as long as you maintain it with love and care........ in the end i hope i even remotely make a contribution to solve your problem, hugs and kisses

Posted

I don't think it has killed romance, but I do think it opens the doors for perverts and more hookups then meeting face to face

Duncan_Gosling
Posted

Thank you Derek. That puts things in a better perspective for me. Maybe I should have rephrased the question, and rather asked if maybe the initial reaction you get from meeting a person 'face to face' (ie, using your five senses) has been abandoned for a virtual fantasy existence. The motivation for my question comes from spending a little time on the Gaydar chat site and seeing to what extent people are going through on these virtual platforms, that they either haven't or most probably wont ever dream of displaying in 'real life'. Something seems to be lost, I just cant figure it out. Maybe im only seeing the glass as half empty though.

gstanescu84
Posted

I wouldnt put it quite like dat. At the end of the day, it depends on the couple. LIke you can meet a guy in a bar r whereever yet ur romance couldd be killed as you put it as well. On the Internet you meet strangers. Bar you also meet strangers. Whats the difference. Both you chat for awhile and then you meet up. I can't see the differnece in Duncan's point?

Posted

dun love the idea is that no one will ever show you who they are in real life or on the virtual life on the nternet , at least not till you know them for long time.... we have a saying here in egypt (do you know this person, yes i know him, have you lived with him throw his ups and downs, no, then you dont know him)..

the point is that you dont know a person even if your looking him dead in the face, you can only know some one when you live with them their life, know what they really like and what they do and how they are, yes the internet is a desiption and we all know it, its a place to reinvent yourself and come up with the fantasy of what you would like yourself to be not what you already is, its bad yes but in some rare cases you will find some one that have no fear of showing who he or she is on-line or on real life some one who you can acutely relate to and some times they could be your kindred soul without you even realizing strange but thats life its full of contradictions that we cant deny to be true... on meanwhile the INTERNET is as good place to get one nightstands as any bar so most people use it for that, hens the deception and lies and the projection of what they would like to be. in the end its just one point and i keep running around it with all these fancy words(people are afraid to show who they are, its of not being good enough for other people so they lie and make up characters that has no place in reality) we all fear rejection, we all want to be accepted wither in the eyes of our family or friends or the world in general or even in the eyes of god and thats why mostly we do the stupid things we do.

its just one guy's opinion.