Cyril_Biang

How do you deal with being religious and being gay? - The Gay Christian Network

Cyril_Biang
Posted

????..thanks

Posted

Hi Cyril

You know I have shuffled many years with that question though confidently say that I am one with both my sexuality and my faith. The interpretatio and cultural drive of many churches kept me ashamed and confused for so long.

I spent a lot of time reflecting and praying for guidance, I had many revelations during this time, one in particular was that god made us all in his image, he loves all his children and only wants them to discover and enact the purposesnhe has for us. If me being gay was an issue then it would have been revealed to me as part of my path of self discovery. If the signs were there to take the straight and narrow than I would have happily for the sake of my religion.

This may seem like it could be easily twisted to suit personal desire, but I suppose it really is each to their own and the value of credibility from a random stranger

Posted

With prayer and scripture. I have written extensively on the subject here please check the "Discussions" Part and read what I have already wrote.
Also Check Amazon enter the search parameters "Gay and Christian, Christianity Gay and Homophobia," Titles like "Living in Sin?" and "What the Bible really says about Homosexuality". "Nothing can separate from the love of God, not the Hate and bigotry and ignorance of others, or even if we ourselves, can not believe it.
Christ died for the world. His Blood washes the stain of sin from every one. This doesn't mean we can do what we want and give God the finger, like a spoiled child, we accepting His love must act accordingly, with respect and love back to Him and love towards others even those of different faiths.
God loves you more then you know and others care to know, believe that!

Dave_John_41664
Posted

agree with the above comments..tho i hate that word religious..Gosh, if i ever become a religious christain, shoot me !!...Yea ive had a hard time in the church in the past, being gay and a christian....got slung out of one back in the day...which is why it took me so long to come out...but when i did i felt free, and that i had really found myself ...and found myself in god ..its not been a issue for me really, i live out my life as a christian , loving this fresh move of God at the moment...big heart for Revival...especially here in the uk. Gods great, and theres so much kicking off at the moment, its all good in the hood...guess the only empty part of me is having a partner...be great to meet a guy whos a christian...but happy within myself, so see what happens!!...But yea, catching ya drift, it can be hard, just one of those things to work through...took me a while but ok now....mainly because of other christians attitudes...but hay...thats life !! wishing you well in your journey x

Toni_Stewart
Posted

religion never paid off for me... but faith... did and was... is the only one.. I believe in Faith... that s how I breathe... smile...etc etc...

Shalom_Lamanilao
Posted

I don't really consider myself "religious." I always think of myself as a "believer." I always think that there are differences between those two words. I think being a believer is doing more than what a religious would do. Faith should not be limited within the walls of a church; it should be practiced in every second of the day.

As for being gay and a believer, I just deal with it by simply not dealing with it. LOL. I know for some people being both can be a big deal as they find it hard to believe that anyone can be gay and christian. I believe these people are the ones who still think that homosexuality is a sin. I, on the other hand, think that being gay is not a sin and has never been. Therefore, I don't see any reason to make such a big deal about being gay and a christian!

Love your question! Hope my response helps.

Dave_John_41664
Posted

good comment Shalom...il say amen to that !!

RevDSJAustin
Posted

A few years ago at the Anglican Lambeth Conference of Bishops, the Nigerian Archbishop tried to publicly exorcize Rev Richard Kirker - British Gay leader of LGCM (L&G Christian Movement). Richard told the Archbishop to stop blaspheming against the GOd who created him gay and declared his creation good. THis is the clash of theological ideologies today. May we live in Spirit & TRuth - where perfect LOve casts out all Fear - including Homophobia.

Toni_Stewart
Posted

David... Those are the words coming out of my mouth...

Samantha_Cruz_51415
Posted

i dont see mysalfa religious i just see mysalf as sameone that believer of a god who will love me for how i am.i dont see my love for a girl wroug because god made love so that y my love its not wroug

Posted

Samantha, you do not have to be religious to believe in God, it is the Faith you have that God does not judge us because of what we are. So many gay Christian people persecute themselves for being gay even in 2011. But in 1970 I came to realise that I had to be myself or lie to the church I was attending, I chose to be myself and I took my Faith with me. And I realised that it was not God who judged me but the church.

Posted

There are so many ways the Bible is used, Old and NT, to put self-doubt on ourselves or promoted by others. IF you believe that you are a child of God, believe in the Messiah who washed away our sins, then if you still have doubts... you are doing it to yourself, because my God does not. Jesus said nothing about homosexuality, man on man or woman on woman sex. If it is all that important, I think he might have said something.

Toni_Stewart
Posted

Thank God for Jesus... Amen... No Doubt... Love rise above everything.... Pass it on... United we Stand.. Divided we fall... God Bless U...

Secelia_Henderson
Posted

Love this discussion, though I hate that picture of "Jesus" as a depiction of this group. Who says that's what Jesus looked like?! But that's topic for another discussion. I have been saved for 17 years but have only been out for the past 2. I hide how I felt, tried to pray it away, pleaded with God and everything else. I had a hard time reconciling how I felt with how I was brought up. I'm so over that now! I believe the Bible is the Word of God, I believe that Jesus died for my sins, I know I'm in love with an amazing woman that I plan to spend the rest of my life with. I believe God speaks to His children and as someone wrote earlier, if this was not who I was meant to be, I believe God would have communicated that to me as I sought Him about it.

Posted

I don't know how I "deal" with it, it just comes naturally for me. Church and God has always been a big part of my life and still continues to be. Everyone deals with things differently.

Posted

I don't know how I "deal" with it, it just comes naturally for me. Church and God has always been a big part of my life and still continues to be. Everyone deals with things differently.