Antony_Terrance_Parker

Internet/texting regrets - Gay Guys! <3

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

Just wondered if anyone has any experience about reading texts/internet posts.I have found i read these things differently depending on my mind set.Sometimes they seem to yell at me and i get indignant yet when i read it the following day it sounds different as i am in a better mood.No inflections can be used.I just wondered if anyone read and then sent something they regretted because of this.I have done it with work then thought aaaaaaaaah but had pressed send and its too late.

Brooks_Lu
Posted

Sure. That's why it's much better to communicate face to face, eye contact and body language reveals a lot that texts can't, so when people read they have to guess at the same time and their mood affects their judgement.

Posted

people chat differently online than they do in person. They feel protected behind their computer because there's no real threat of anything happening regadless how you feel about something or opinion. People are less likely to voice that same opinion in person. It's like your texting and they just stop talking and go offline or something. in person sitting in a coffee shop with that same person it's like they just get up and walkout without saying. not likely to happen but online it happens all the time. I've had people actually say "I don;t do phone calls" wtf! what did they do before texting was invented. if you can't be bothered to actually talk to me, I don't want to be your friend. texting and MSN looses it's impact as apposed to having the same convo in person because there's no facial expressions and sometimes words get crossed and misinterpret what your saying "LOL " does not have the same affect as seeing someone actual laugh....could go on and on about the whole online thing but I'll stop here!!