People who are living with H.I.V - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Do you know of anyone who is living with H.I.V and doing well and in good health, I know of a few of my friends who were diagnosed with the H.I.V Virus and are coping well for years, the only problem is with those bigots out there who do'not understand or refuse to understand what its like to be living with H.I.V or some one who is living with someone with the H.I.V virus,My best friend died @ 47, 4 years ago and he was H.I.V , but it was his smoking and drinking that led to his death not the virus, why do people not take precautions and protect themselves and others from this virus..

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I lost alot of friends that way..I am sorry for your lost..There is nothing we can do about those who don't wish to understand it..

JERRY_CAMPBELL
Posted

Gay or straight, some are driven to live life on the edge. No, I do not know why.
But, I suspect that it, too, has something to do with self concept and endorphines.
Regardless of our theology, our Creator would want us to make the most of our judgement and our lives...

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i lost over 500+ friends from aids and hiv. i am sorry for your loss my friend. i was diagnosed with full blown auds on feb. 1, 1999. i know i had aids when i was 14 years old. i shared dirty kneedles the first time and contracted the aids virus. 2 weeks later, the person that shared the dirty kneedle with me died of aids. that is how i knew i had aids. the doctors called me a lier so i stayed on drugs till oct. 10, 2001. that is when i quit cold turkey. i am 42 years old and healthy as a horse.

gstanescu84
Posted

Whats Auds Homer? Amv ery sorry for your loss Francis. I myself compeltly understand where you're coming from. I had two HIV Scares. Its so shitty. Ive been tested clear fromt he first scares. Let me reassure you guys no one gets into me WITHOUT protection ie condom etc., I cant' live my life being HIV Scared etc.,

Rod_Bell
Posted

I have been HIV positive since 1990. I had low self esteem and the small city I lived in was just too small. People in the HIV support group in Lincoln, Nebraska talked outside of group and those of us with HIV were castigated by other gay men. I was a mess. I started doing crimes and got sent to prison onto counts serving 0-1 year. I got out & paroled from there to Kansas city, Missouri. I have been on disability since 1992 . I am open to questions from anyone. I was out of the HIV closet in grad school. I completed my M.A. In Cou selling and Guidance with an emphasis in family andCouples Therapy. I never found a job.

Timothy_Brown
Posted

I have been debating whether or not I should write anything here on gays.com about my history of HIV. I have decided to do it since I decided to go public in the mass media and there is no anonymity any longer. I have what the doctors and scientists are calling a functional cure of HIV due to a stem cell transplant because of leukemia (AML), a disease which is fatal if left untreated.

I was living in Berlin, Germany and was diagnosed with leukemia in 2006 after knowing that I had HIV and taking retroviral medication for 11 years. I received chemotherapy which did not cure the leukemia even after several months of it being in remission. Then my doctors began talking to me about a stem cell transplant and began the search for a donor. I had an unusually very high number of possible donors from whom I could get the stem cells I needed for survival.

One of my main doctors, Dr. Gero Huetter, had the brilliant idea of testing the donor pool hoping to find a donor who was immune to HIV because of a deletion of the gateway (a protein) called CCR5 delta 32 for the virus to infect the CD-4 cells. I quit taking my retroviral medication on the day of the first transplant and have not taken any since. Unfortunately the leukemia came back several months after first transplant so that I was forced to get a second transplant from the same donor. However the HIV remained and still remains absent. My CD-4 level is above 800 and I have no sign of the virus detectable in my body. The leukemia has been in remission for more than three years and probably will not return.

My functional cure makes researchers and me very hopeful that there will be a cure that will be generally available to everyone all around the world all based on my cure as a kind of catalyst. My treatment almost killed me several times and was very hard on my body. I am still having mobility issues and it is not easy nor is it a viable cure for everyone. I would not wish what I went through on even my worst enemies (of which I do not have any). I did it to survive my leukemia. However, I think that we are on the verge of a cure for everyone and I am hoping that funders such as the US Government will contribute to funding the search for a cure to HIV and AIDS.

Despite all of the drawbacks, I am alive, feeling well and I no longer have to pop lots of pills every day that really do have lots of nasty side effects. I am very hopeful that scientists will be able to develop a cure for everyone and I now believe that we are very close to this becoming a reality.

I have also had several friends die of AIDS or AIDS-related illnesses. It makes me very sad and I want it to stop.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

goerge, i said aids. i am now hiv undetectable so i do not have to worry about getting sick any more. due to the fact that i am hiv poz, i am the one that is bottom so i dont give the virus to any one.

Robert_Connors
Posted

i was diognosed in 1999 full blown aids only had a week to live when i went to doctor back then u had to take a shit load of meds and they were hard on your body now I take 2 and am also undetecable but that dosn't mean I can't go down hill because I have a couple of times, living with HIV for now over 10 years I am one of the lucky ones lost alot of my freinds in the 80's and 90's and the thing is I didn't mess around but once and that is all it takes and these people that think they won't get it they better think again, just because we have meds dosn't mean shit, u dont want to go though what I did Thank GOD I am still here

Rod_Bell
Posted

About spreading HIV: it is a myth that a bottom can't spread HIV. Everyone should use condoms period and no excuse not to. Hepatitis is spread by far worsevthan H.iV. I learned it from sleeping with another Poz guy who had exposure to Hepatitis& didn't tell me before hand. He was a sex addict. The first time I encountered one.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

that is why i prefer the guy to wear condoms at all times

gstanescu84
Posted

Guys let me ask you. I know this friend who has Hepititis B Chronic. He's far too ashamed to ask for advice. So am asking on behalf of him. Reading Rod Bell's comment, the friend thought he should ask, the friend was diagnosed with Hep B Chronic last week, but his mother knew about it when he came over from a very poor country: ROmania. The friend has had lots of sex wit guys etc.,

The question he'd like to ask you all, is should the friend tell the guy in person or texting on phones, profiels etc., that he has dis condition EVEN with condoms on, AND

also do other gays(in your opinion) have sex with a guy who is Hep B Chronic POz(Of course if he's been told) evne with condoms on etc.,

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

always tell the guy he is chatting with that he has Hep B before he meets the person so he does not meet some one who would do some thing or say something to your friend that is going to get him hurt. be honest and truth full. that is the only way to be.

gstanescu84
Posted

and what happens if all da guys disappear on him? either as hookups r friends?

Robert_Connors
Posted

then they where not werthy of being with him!! I have had a hard time with being HIV & Hep B Poz so it is not easy have meet people and as soon as I told them they ran," I say there loss" just me

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

your right robert, it is thier loss and the guy don't deserve them as friends

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ Homer I lost my BF all my freinds when they found out' became a hermet for a long time didn't want anything to do with anyone, ended up in a mental institution was suisidle, but thank got for my I had someone there to get me help!!!!! It's sad that people r so critical it's been hard and still is smiles :-)

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

@ Robert can i ask you how many friends have you lost from the aid/hiv virus? i had lost about 589 friends (give or take) due to the aids virus when it first came out in the 80's.

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ least 50 or 60 of my closest freinds that we hung out together every saturday nights at the night clubes have a few that r still here with HIV Aids that r doing fine as I am. I'm one of the lucky ones, I lived with it for @ least 20 + years before I got ill becouse I guess I was in such good shape becouse of what I did for a living knew of alot of others that died that I wasn't close to around where I lived

gstanescu84
Posted

Condisidering that my friend is very healthy, and his ma said that his Hep B is at an early stage or minor and the fact that he's had sex wit guys before unknown he had this??. Is it even worth risking friendship by not telling them. Cause he worries any guy he meets, they'll all disappear and then there won't be gay sex r freindship ever. He is really down about it. his hole will close etc.,

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ george is your freind taking any meds for the Hep B ?

Rod_Bell
Posted

If anyone needs to talkbabout HIV and/or hepatitis, just message me!

Evan_S_Sherman
Posted

for those not living w/hepatitis or hiv and would enjoy someone std free as well,message me.

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ Evan this is what eveyone is saying, why don't people want to be with someone with HIV or HEP B and why r u here in this discusion looking to hook up with someone that is std free I don't get it dude, " whats up with that ?'

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

evan, your attitude about haveing sex with hiv and/or hepatitis makes every one afraid of the viruses. your going to die sooner or later so why bother with worrying weither or not your going to die with it? just go with the flow and stop with all the stupid thinking and fearful crap. enjoy life no matter what.