Tela-Marie_Gacek

oving, and really scared :\ - Bi Bi Bi Women

Posted

Ok so I have been living in upstate ny for about 17 years now, and now as I start college I chose to move to fl. Now I am very much a people person, but not very much so around girls. I'm really scared about moving dow there and having a hard time making friends. And I'm worried I won't let myself be myself down there, seeing as I'm only living with my sunt down there. See living in ny with all my family I couldn't be me and see (date) girls. Now in fl I would like to do that. I gues I'm asking what is your intake in my moving? Do ya have and tips? I would love as many as I can't get. Thank you!

Posted

Ack- I've gone through about a move a year the last three years, just getting life settled and such. So I know the feeling of trying to settle into a new place where you have the option to finally be as open as you like- and not really knowing how to go about it. Honestly I think it's gonna take a little work to get comfortable. You can always start out on dating sites just to get friends or have the chance to talk to people (I prefer it for talking to people and getting comfortable with my area more than I like them for actual dating). Or you can always hit the "scene" wherever you live. That can be a little more difficult, though, because you're putting yourself out amongst people and may have to make a few moves to really get the interaction you want in those areas. But- you never know what can happen. Maybe someone sees you and takes the initiative?

Just hold tight, steel yourself for a little bit of rejection, and give it a try. The biggest step is just getting yourself out there and being open to meeting others.
Good luck!

Posted

Ack- I've gone through about a move a year the last three years, just getting life settled and such. So I know the feeling of trying to settle into a new place where you have the option to finally be as open as you like- and not really knowing how to go about it. Honestly I think it's gonna take a little work to get comfortable. You can always start out on dating sites just to get friends or have the chance to talk to people (I prefer it for talking to people and getting comfortable with my area more than I like them for actual dating). Or you can always hit the "scene" wherever you live. That can be a little more difficult, though, because you're putting yourself out amongst people and may have to make a few moves to really get the interaction you want in those areas. But- you never know what can happen. Maybe someone sees you and takes the initiative?

Just hold tight, steel yourself for a little bit of rejection, and give it a try. The biggest step is just getting yourself out there and being open to meeting others.
Good luck!