ANDREA_ACOSTA

Children in gay or lesbian couples?? - Lesbian Ladies

ANDREA_ACOSTA
Posted

im not really sure if I was born to be a parent. so i putted that aside for a while untill i met the love of my life she brought the subject up. she wants to be a mom no matter what and we've searched about possible adoptions artificial insemination, implants etc. But the questio\ns that have been spinning around my head are, will it really work hsving a baby in a married gay or lesbian couple??? will the baby be affected because of our prefferences?

Posted

MY half brother's mom is a lesbian and it doesn't bother them at all.. of course there will be teasing but that happens for all children.. just make sure they know they have someone to talk to And good luck to Ya'll!

jessicazylee
Posted

the preferences of the parent do not change the preferences of the child. not all straight parents have straight kids, not all gay parents have gay kids. it doesnt change a thing

what you might want to think about, however, is how u're going to raise them. also, where. certain states u may not be allowed to adopt your partner's child. that means a lot in custody issues, such as if u can pick up the child from school, able to medical decisions... or in a bad case scenerio, what happens if you two separate, or heaven forbid, one of u is unable to care for the child [due to illness or death].

Cori_Welch
Posted

i agree with jessica besides as long as you love and care for that child whats stopping you

Rachel_Kind
Posted

well truth is it takes a village to raise a child and today's society ppl assume you need just a mom and a dad. BS!
have a large support group to raise a kid is a must and I feel the gay community is actually a lot better at it than the straights

Melissa_Ross
Posted

One of my old friends had a bisexual mom who spent about the first 14 years of my friends life with a women. Her moms were the greatest and both her and her brother turned out great.
I grew up in a home where homosexuality was rarely talked about, I'm pretty sure my mom is a homophobe and my dad just doesn't care either way. Yet, it never fazed me to go to my friends house, where both of the parents were female.

You do have to take into consideration the whole custody thing. That can get really tricky. As for being a good parent...as long as you love your child no matter what, then you're doing the right thing and you're kid will turn out fine.

Rachel_Kind
Posted

well the reality is you can do everything right and your kid ends up getting hurt by a creep, murdered, kills themselves, there's an accident, finishes college and is run over, turns in to hard criminal, you didn't know it but your kid is a psychopath and is a serial killer.

The point I am making it doesn't matter WHO raises a kid, your child may turn out and AMAZING kind person or a terribul KIller, Or they could die!

Yah I am being pessimistic but that's because too many ppl are all
"OMG I want to be a parent, blabblablablablab it will be so great!"

REALITY: being a parent is the hardest job in the world regardless if your straight or gay.

ANDREA_ACOSTA
Posted

thanx...well i just want to make the person i love happy..and yeah i think being a parent is the hardest job...i mean i have a lil dog and its like a human being but i guess there is a big diff between them... i guess ill have to go through the a lot of trouble for adoption or what ever we decied but besides legal stuff i think there are more barriers when becoming a parent =)

Posted

My nephew is five years old. He would be proud to be in my wedding and told me he wants to have kids. He thinks love is love and as long as the kids are happy, loved and cared for that's all that matters. Yes there is always the topic of mama 1 and mama 2 or mama and dad. I was going to get married and be dad because of how butch I am, but it never happened.

Cori_Welch
Posted

It could still happen

Rose_Downer
Posted

Being a parent means loving your kids and doing anything for them. Being gay doesn't have anything to do with that. If being gay can't stop you from loving someone or being in a relationship in them, then it doesn't affect your parenting ability. Being gay means you have more legal issues to deal with but truth be told that is the only issue that seperates you from a straight parents. Hope this helps.