Joshua_Buffalo

Friends with benefits? - Gay Guys! <3

Joshua_Buffalo
Posted

I don't mean to sound like I'm shallow or anything, but has anyone else felt like they just wanted someone to hang out with, have fun and have a good time with? I don't mean fooling around with random people (that's dangerous), I mean an honest to god buddy who feels the same way you do.
I'm not saying, "let's just cut to the sex", I'm asking if anyone else has felt the need for a companion but not a serious relationship?

Posted

Being that most guys don't really know what dating is, I settle for friends with benefits!

Rod_Bell
Posted

Would love a male buddy to hang out with. It's probably as good as an intimate partner.

Posted

lol
guess im lucky cause I have a friend that we just hang out with each other.
last weekend spent the night with him after a night of tv. we layed or heads on each others shoulder but when time for bed he wennt to his and I went to the spare bedroom.
It was really nice just to hang with each other.
and the funny part is he likes older guys and I am 25 years his senior.....

The_Bernz
Posted

there is nothing wrong in wanting companionship.
everyone wants it, but no one wants to admit that they do.
life gets lonely sometimes. we need people who can sit with us and just talk. about anything.

Joshua_Buffalo
Posted

Right now I'm emotionally overloaded and don't want to put that stress on anyone in a relationship, however I do still feel the need for a companion. Know what I mean?

Posted

companion sounds nice...better than friends w/benefits...well everyone is meant to have someone...& we all will meet our soulmate...other half...or prince charming...whichever suits u...eventually...all good comes to those who know how to wait...

Dave_Mack
Posted

Jony I coud not have said it better. And I have gay friends with whom I ma friends and NOT sex partners. Sometimes sex ruins a good friendship...

Posted

i've done that before, and honestly, it can go either way, ruining or building a friendship, but it also means creating a sort of bond you can only make with few people in your life. i may not be friends with who i did that with, but it'll be something i always remember whether i want to or not

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I have had it for 23 yrs now..Sex was never a big part of the life we built together..

Posted

yea it depends...i just choose not 2...cuz i've basically done w/my days of sleeping around...i actually wanna find that special person to share my love & life with...& i'll know i'll find him when the time is right...

Posted

A man (or men) in your life without sex is just beautiful. Being with men affirms my male-ness, it's wonderful. I have a couple of straight males who are fabulous people and very good friends to be with. Oh, there's one other too.

Posted

@jony rubalcava, i know what you mean, that's why i've stopped, because eventually we all want more from it, what we can't get, and honestly, that's what usually breaks it. i hope you find him, i hope you can get what some people spend their lives searching for

Posted

Yeah, defo on the same vibe here guys. That's pretty much why i joined this site!

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

Yes i have gay and straight friends who are male and no sexual vibes involved at all.It is kind of a brotherly thing.Friends usualy last longer than relationships in general.

Posted

this intrigues me. I'm often confronted with what it is I want. I had a relationship (wrong one) now it seems friends with benefits would suffice. 1 question is friends w/ benefits the same as "f*** Buddy"? If your wondering nope. No one special. many st8 friends and some gay couples. I don't even go out much anymore.

Dave_Mack
Posted

I too am a bit confused by this thread. I always thought "with benefits" meant you were PAYING for the sex and thast somnething i wil never do. Some 30 year ago (I was in radio broadcasting) and I appllied at a new station here in the Boston area (actually it was a station thant changed format) and it was implied IF I wanted to work there I had to "put out" and "sleep" with the program director. Well I didnt and i never got the job. But I have no regrets, So this is what I thought was meant with the "benefits" terminology. Anyone else familair with it? To those in the UK & Australia and other English Speaking places this may be an American expression so no disrespect meant to anyone..

Posted

friends w/benefits...your not paying for sex...it is a nicer way of saying f*** buddy...or some people actually apply it to their having sex actual friends...there comes the term friends w/benefits...but in this case...companionship sounds better...& is actually the word this guy really means...cuz as he said he doesn't want somebody only for sex...

Posted

Friends with benefits
Two friends who have a sexual realtionship without being emotionally involved. Typically two good friends who have casual sex without a monogomous relationship or any kind of commitment. - Urban Dictionary.

I have a few of these, and my ex & I now get on as best mates since we separated.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

friends with benefits are always welcome

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Very good wording Andy..Thats what I was going to say..Friends w/benefits is not having a companionship.Companionship is someone who is there for you and not for sex..

Posted

Until I'm dating someone, I prefer friends with benefits rather than random hookups

Posted

being somewat of a very emotional person...i tend to keep my friends as friends and nothing more...i tend to sometimes complicate things for myself...i just rather not go there...i like my keep my boyfriends & friends seperate...it's just easier for me...

Posted

Well..there are are:

Hookups - only sex and usually only see them once
Friends - Non sexual friends who you actually like but no sexual chemistry
Friends with Benefits - Friends you like and are attracted to enough to have sex with
Boyfriends - More stable and usually only interested in him which is why your dating
Partners - Definently not interested in anyone else sexually and want to spend your life together

Ultimately, we all prefer partners long term. I can't see anyone honestly saying they want to be alone for the rest of their life. We all have urges and needs so to me friends with benefits makes sense because I prefer not doing hookups

Joshua_Buffalo
Posted

Wow, what wonderful words of advice here! I agree with Darryl's last post, hookups can be more trouble then they're worth. I don't want to be alone by any means but you can only wait so long for the right person.