The word effeminate - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

In the reference to effeminate in the Original Greek of the New Testament the meaning was referring to male prostitutes, not a loving, gay relationship with faithfuless. If you look up the definition of the English word it more pertains to being feminine. So would a person be lost in eternity just because of that? Certainly not! So the first translation which sometimes uses homosexuality is NOT a proper translation. Male prostitution is.

When Jesus refered to Sodom and Gomorrah you need to look up in the Old Testament in Ezekial the sin of Sodom, and it was not homosexuality but the sin of greed.

In Levticus it speaks of men lying with men, but in the same Torah or the first 5 books of the Old Testament it also speaks of pork being an abomination to eat, you would have to kill your kids of they disobey, and who does that? Plus. I could site several more of these texts that we do not practice today.

Last of all people really use Romans Chapter One, but if you take a more careful look you will see the subject is idolatry. Read some after the book of Romans Chapter One.

If only I had known this years ago I would have saved myself a lot of guilt, possible health issues, and definetly mental health.

I know I am a child of God who has been saved and will be with my Jesus when my time to die comes to pass. I might add; who is without sin, if it were a sin to be gay? No one is able to say they are without sin. An indivual knows their own relationship with God. I know what the Bible says because I have read every word of it. Yes, you can be gay in a loving, caring relationship and still go to be with God at death. I feel the presence of Jesus Christ in my heart and soul. He died for my sins, rose from the grave, and ascending into heaven. He is both God and man. "Nothing was made that was made without Him (Jesus Christ) As Thomas said, " My Lord and my God."

Posted

I did look up effeminate at one time. It say a person with weak morals or character. I also did studies that those verse that are against homosexual have nothing to do with us. I haven't study all of them, but I will study before I hit 40 years.

Posted

That's what I also believe. That it's the one(s) who go from bed to bed-not really being there with the one you're going to give yourself to like that. I think the reason that people are so immoral is because they figure God isn't going to accept them anyway. All because of the Church (just as the Book of Revelation reveals Christ's Judgements against each and every one of the 7Churches, who've alllll sinned and there's not one innocent). And when you don't have a relationship with Jesus by seeking Him and listening for Him-your first love-you're empty. I have Jesus in me too. If I didn't, I wouldn't say it. But He has done many wonderful things for me that is too unfathomable for anyone to comprehend-death defying-and I suffered myself because of the persecution of the Church. However, I still suffer, because I am given to Jesus and I wait for Him to allow me to have these actualities with the one who will be sent to really care about what it is I care about. Actually, it is pretty exciting when you have to wait and let Him bring the one to you ... that is conditioned by God only when you wait on Him and you are for certain that He has heard your prayer and given you what is in His honor.

Do you know why David and Jonathan from the Bible were so lovely? Because in that day the Philistines were taking and raping the Israelis and Goliath the Giant was the headmaster. It was not easy to resist the sodomy of this Philistine army. 16 year old David slayed the Giant all by himself and 24-year old Jonathan who was Prince and the son of King Saul was amazed. It was David's faithfulness and character and integrity that was so beautiful. Jonathan hoped in what David hoped in. None of the army of Israel nor Jonathan could defeat the Philistines but a 16 year old did! Jonathan's father Saul accused his son of sleeping with David, because of the stars in their eyes. David had to flee for his life because Saul sought to kill him. He slept in a cave. Jonathan would meet up with him. And it is said that they loved each other as a man loves a woman and their souls were knit. Jonathan rebuked his father and protected his young lover.

But you know what happened? King Saul wanted to make a promise that no one eat honey on a particular day, cause he wanted to honor God that day. If anyone eats honey on that day, that man will die, as a command from the Lord. JOnathan didn't know of this command that went out from his father the King and so ... he was eating honey in the field. Saul cried when he found out. Jonathan, the lover of David died.

Man's laws are not God's. Be careful what judgements you make. Be careful what you call good or evil. Because God's plans are not ours.

At birth, that was the name my mother and father gave me: David Jonathan. It means, A Man after GOd's Own Heart and Jonathan means, Friends with God. Because they always said that my heart was not right with God, God took me from them and brought me to the land of Sodom and Gommorah-Los Angeles. He gave me a new name and it is not Joey Cat, though I write in this pen. God has some great things in store for those who truly love Him. You can read the whole story of David and Jonathan in the book of 1st Samuel.

-Cat

Posted

That was just wonderful ! You should write a book. I knew the story of David and Jonathan, but you made it come alive for me. Thanks so much.

Posted

You are welcome. God has revealed much to me. I am writing a Book of my journey. It is called, The MAgic of Time-Journey of a Little Boy Lost. It is going to be an epic. And it all will come alive. Loves to ya!
-Cat

Posted

When it comes out in the bookstores let me know because I sure want to read it. Loves to you too!

Posted

First I want to say "hi" to you guy! Only seen clarence here before.....

And second it's so exciting to see men so excited about Christ our Lord!!!!
I agree with you all! And in psalm 139 it talks about how God knew who we were BEFORE we were being formed and knit together
. He knew us before we were! How exciting and freeing is that! YeeeHaaaaaawww!

Posted

Jeremiah 1;5 IS MY FAVORITE SCRIPTURE. IN reference to being known before being in the womb. He can give voice to those who it seems to be impossible; and NEVER be disdained by their faces when they call you a false prophet. I will be sure to make notice of the book to my friends. It's a great love story. Lol, Debbie.

Posted

@ cat: I am always moved by the story of David and Jonathon. Their pure love and concern for the other. How they tried to save each others. Now that's an example for us. We may need to reconsider those we call friend as well as look at our lives. Are we are involved with our friends , what kind of friend are we? Do we really pray for the best things in their life? Do we come along side when they need to rest with us so they can be encouaged and snet on their way feeling a bit more confident to carry on in their journey. Just thinking out loud.........

Posted

lol