Jess

Open relationships - Lesbian Ladies

Jess
Posted

Does anyone believe in them? I am in one now but people don't understand why. Humans are not meant to be monogamous and are naturally looking for lovers. Its the whole reproducing thing. Is anyone in a successful open relationship? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Posted

i think i would be waaay to jealous to do that. i would not like other people touching my girl!!

Posted

I honestly believe they fail. Basically it says "I love you enough to stay with you but not enough to be with you and only you." Yes we naturally look for others to procreate with but we also tend to be jealous when another is trying woo our mate. I believe that people who are in an open relationship hope that the one their with won't find someone that knocks their socks off and will eventually get tired of the random hook ups and decide to be "monogamous". But that's just my opinion.

Dominique_St.Peter
Posted

I don't think open relationships are that bad. I don't get jealous over other girls only guys. Yes I know it's weird. If my girl (past tense) asked to be with another female I'd want to watch but If it was with a male I would be upset. I notice when people are in a committed relationship their partner is usally the 80% and your always looking for that 20% your partner doesn't have. When you find the 20 and leave your 80 your stuck thinking what the fuck did I do.

Jess
Posted

And usually if that 20 cant be found they resent the 80% and yea its be pissed bout guys but girls idc.

Dominique_St.Peter
Posted

I'm the same lol

Posted

I dont believe in them at all. Once I am with someone and truly love them I couldnt imagine myself with anyone else. I dont believe in the idea that we are always looking for someone to procreate with because then lesbians wouldnt exist I think its an easy way out for the fact the people are on a quest for pleasure and dont care who they hurt in the process. At least for me if I love someone its because they make me a better person and I do the same for them its because I couldnt imagine my life without them so why would I want to jump into bed with anyone but the girl I love

Posted

I don't think they are that bad, I mean I did it for a while, as long as you are honest with everyone but honestly, I am completely faithful to the girl I'm with now and have been for 14 months, I am definitely much happier being true to one person.

Jess
Posted

Amber, sex doesn't equal love. My girlfriend is the best I could ask for, she supports me in whatever I do. And we have an open relationship so Im not behind her back hurting her. I would rather have a girl on the side than resent my girl for what she cant give me

Rachel_Tucker
Posted

There be no way in honky hell I could be in a open relationship I believe in sticking with one woman at a time it is just not right to your woman or the relationshi. You trust your partner to be faithful and never hurt you. Ya I just dont believe in open relationship.

Dominique_St.Peter
Posted

Yeah really you can love someone without having sex with them. And lesbians can be in a open relationship as anyother gender can. If you and your partner are cool with it then what's the beef. I lived in Alberta, my ex in Ontario, I asked for a open relationship and she cried for hours. She asked me why she wasn't good enough. I had to explain it's not that your not good enough or that your tongue isin't working lol or that your not all the woman I need. It's just while we were apart I wanted sex, it wasn't there. I wanted to cuddle, I couldn't, No one to go on dates with or talk to (in person). She probably gave me some of the best sex ever. I just need someone who could be there and she couldn't. Long story short I ended up cheating she forgave me. About 6 months later we split. I was a bit upset but I'd rather her be with someone who could be there 100% as I wanted someone to be there a 100%. If she would have allowed me to be in a open relationship I don't know how it would have ended up. I don't see a problem with it tho and I would give it a shot.

Posted

I do not believe in them. Sex is one thing, but an actual relationship, no. I have never, and I have seen a lot, seen an open relationship last very long at all. It is just an excuse for pleasure seekers. I don't judge people for living that life style, I just personally wouldn't do it, nor would I be the "on the side".

Posted

i think they can only work when both parties are holding the same expectations of each other. however i don't think open relationships can last forever, either you end up staying with each other exclusively or you move on.

i do think people in open relationships can be perfectly happy, and all the power to them if they choose that. i personally wouldn't have one, but whatever makes them happy!

Jess
Posted

Dominique you totally get it!!!!!! lol
My girl is a hr and a half away cause were both at school and yea I enjoy sex and if shes there and im here thats kinda hard, I cheated on her too after 13 months and it was horrible I never wanted to do that again, and when i talked to her about this she cried and we had a lot of discussion about it and tried to explain it to her it was hard but she told me she would rather have me home at night with her to hold her then having me want to just roll over and not care anymore.
She has learned since that its not hurting anyone and it is not causing problems

Posted

Distance is hard, and I could understand it in that context, i guess, but a relationship it I dunno, just better, to give yourself fully to one person

Posted

Dominique your story is a little different because you couldnt be together but when you live in the same town and have the ability to be with your partner and pick someone else I dont see that as a relationship.... To me the only difference between a best friend and the girl I wanna spend the rest of my life with is the sex so if I'm not keeping that between me and her then I'm not being true to the relationship even if she is okay with it

Dominique_St.Peter
Posted

I see where your coming from, but me personally I think there is alot more to a relationship then sex. If I can wake up to you every morning and say wow that's my girl no matter good or bad. That's someone you wanna keep. Has anyone ever woke up looked at your partner and was thinking what trhe fuck am I doing here? I have! If both parties agree to it, I don't see a problem. I would try it, I don't know If it would work, but I'd give it a go. Jessica it was so bad girl lol. She was really hurt, try to make someone feel better when their millions of miles away and you just asked for a open relationship. Not the goods!

Posted

if you cant handle the distance cause you cant have sex then you shouldnt be in a long distance relationship? is your life really that sex orientated? sure i love sex but if my girl couldnt give me it for whatever reason i would not want it so badly that i would hurt her by going with somebody else.... i could live without it if i really loved them and i would never want to be in an open relationship.

Dominique_St.Peter
Posted

Hey we had phone sex all the time lol and sex isin't everything but it is part of a relationship. I can go without for a while like now! I'm single been for a little over a year and I'm not fucking every chick that gives me the chance. And there has been chances. I do have a lot of respect for woman and their body's. I haven't had sex in about six months so like really it's not that I'm a maniac that needs it 24/7. It's more then just the sex like I said in the begining of my last post.

Posted

no way would i have an open relationship!! we get ppl come up to me and my girl all the time asking for 3somes..or bla bla blaaa..NO WAY IS SOMEONE TOUCHING MY GIRL hahahaa!!
i think if you wanna have an open relationship then yous dont love eachother, or yous are just ment to be sex buddies.

Melissa_Ross
Posted

Haha yeah. I couldn't do an open relationship, unless the relationship with just about sex anyways. Even then though...I'd kinda like a sex relationship to be monogamous too, just so I don't feel like I'm being cheated out of sex. I like my sex. XD

Posted

sex is so much better when its with the one you love, well thats my opinion,
Open relationships are just for people who cant commit to the one

( no affence to open relationship people out there )

Posted

i agree joanna. sex with strangers/new people can be fun and exciting but it is not the same as having sex with somebody you are in love with

Melissa_Ross
Posted

Well considering I've only really loved one person and that sex sucked because they didn't love me back, they just loved themselves... I shoot for sex with people I'm comfortable with, not complete strangers. If I'm gonna have sex with them, they better at least be my friend.