WORDS OF WISDOM ~RELATIONSHIPS~ - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

a friend once said to me:-

~in relationships, u can never BEG! u DONT be stupid ! it's all about feelings...for each other.... and the love between two of them... if one has faded one's love.... there's no point to be back together.. u know nothing about LOVE okay..cos u won't understand it ...gays, lesbians, straight... thinking are all not the same -no offence- begging someone back is to replace one's happiness that's not the right way in relationships~

so... would you ever stoop so low as to BEG a guy to give a relationship another try?

Paul_Whalley_48096
Posted

I think there are 2 vital ingredients missing here what about TRUST and RESPECT for each other surely that is part of the equation also,but in answer to your question I wouldnt BEG them to take me back if the feelings you had for each other have faded whats the use. NEVER say goodbye if you still want to try NEVER give up if you still feelyou can go on NEVER say you dont love a person anymore if YOU cant let go. Love is when you take away the feeling,the passion and the romance in a relationship and find out you still care for that person.

Posted

I have been in same sex relationship for just over 30yrs. One of the main ingredients is letting each other 'be who they are' and then both growing together. We have not had a single argument in all that time and they key is really very simple; In all things just ask yourself were is love in what I did, doing or may do. This of course applies to all situations but in relationship its the key.

Hayden
x

Robert_Connors
Posted

Thank u Paul trust and respect for each other if u loose that u r done Just got out of a relationship of 8 yrs becouse of no respect,

Posted

Flaunting. Personally, when a guy flaunts himself at me, it's an immediate no in anything.

Respect is required, but so is trust.

The biggest thing though is actually being yourself. If I'm with a guy who acts differently depending on the people he's with... He's fake, and that's horrid. I don't understand why people can't just be themselves; people should accept you for who you are. You shouldn't have to please them by changing yourself for them.

Tim_O'Grady
Posted

Spiritually attuned, emotionally available, intellectual, physical, politically aware, valor, honor, courage, love, kindness, patience, financially responsible.

Paul_Whalley_48096
Posted

Very true Tanguy I dislike sham too

Posted

i would never beg someone to take me back...and i can't fight for something that's no longer there...to a certain extent i also have to have some dignity & accept the fact that i at least tried and that it was good while it lasted...but begging never helps it actually makes it worse...i wouldn't mind being best friends so long as our past stays in the past...because my problem w/ 1 of my exes is that he was obsessive...he begged me to get back with him...but unfortunately some people actually kill the love between the 2...and i had to do what's best for me even at the cost of hurting the one i thought i loved...when he finally saw that we weren't getting back together...he told me he was cheating on me the whole time...which i know was a lie because he was so busy being obsessed with me...and that's not to sound conceited or anything...but that's how it ended...i never had his trust...so as much as i tried and wanted it to work...it wasn't going to...and also it wasn't meant to be...so again i wouldn't beg...because that would be somewhat selfish of me...i'd just accept it and offer my friendship at least...and continue searching for the one guy who's meant for me...

Posted

i had some one over 10 yrs then things started to desapear on me not mutch a bit at a time then i lost my trust 4 him .wen the love is gone its no use crying over it its time to move on

Posted

very true...there's nothing you can do in that kind of situation...

Robert_Connors
Posted

mine has never called so what ever am hurt but am in a better place kinda but not really :-(

Antony_Terrance_Parker
Posted

When i first was with my ex we l had to return to the UK for a job and thought i should finish it.He begged me and I was bowled over and thought if he feels so deaply it must be worth something.So said i would give it a shot.He moved to London and we were together for 13 years.I think it all depends on the situation this begging thing,I have never done it but took it as a huge compliment when it did happen to me.

Posted

well i think it depends more on the person really...& also the situation...some guys believe in giving 2nd chances...& maybe i would 2...depending on the situation...but not if someone begs...tho i don't think i'd ever put somebody in da position where they had to beg...i mean my 2nd ex couldn't take a hint...i tried to tell him as nicely as possible that it was over...and he continued til he found my bad side...sorry to say that i blew up on him...& he finally got the message...& i really do hate blowing up on people...

Posted

I've often thought of myself as a str8 guy who just happens to be gay which means I was raised in a str8 environment but I am openly gay and comfortable with it. The problem I have is so many men aren't and they seem to play alot of games with people and as far as meeting men online, I seem to meet alot of dumbasses. I have alot to offer someone and I know what a "real" relationship is and what it takes to keep it but alot of guys I meet don't think long term and live for the "now". I think in a relationship you need Trust, respect and communication for it to work and alot of guys lack all 3.

- They cheat if they think their missing out on something
- They lie to hide their indescretions
- They don't meet when their suppose to or forget completely which shows lack of respect
- They ditch because they got a better offer
- They have nothing to contribute to a conversation unless it's about sex, gay, or themselves

I don't have a problem being gay, what I do have a problem with is the gay community. So that said, where do you meet normal gay guys who are genuine and serious and not into the gay scene?

Posted

well there r guys out there...so let's not lose hope...it's hard 2 find a guy but not impossible...

Robert_Connors
Posted

yes Jony that is true but time is running out for me LOL

Posted

yes i understand some guys feel that way...& it's not the fact that i'm still young...but everything has a special time & place...when something is truly meant to happen...it'll happen in the time it's supposed to happen...so don't focus on time...focus on yourself & what you want to do...who knows...your one guy might just fall out of the sky...anything is possible...