jessicazylee

Humor: makeup! - Lesbian Ladies

jessicazylee
Posted

So stuff in my life has been getting a little too serious lately, so I thought I'd lighten it with some girly girl stuff. Butches feel free to chime in!
1) Tell us your favorite brand of foundation
2) what do you have to do before you leave the house
3) what do you hate wearing?
4) makeup regime takes how long?

jessicazylee
Posted

Brand: Neutrogena.
B4 I go: draw in my eyebrows!
I hate: mascara
Time: less than 5 minutes for a rush, about 10-15 for perfect face

[explanations!]
-I like Neutrogena because it treats my skin while i wear it. In actuality the color doesn't match my skin well, so I mix it with Taiwanese-brand foundations.
-I feel like have nearly invisible eyebrows. And I always feel eyebrows shape the face. I'm pretty proud of my eyes, so I make sure my eyebrows frame them well. My mother's been bugging me for years to get them tattooed. Scary D:
-I hate mascara. with a passion. It always gets in my eyes, and it takes forever. My eyelashes are shorter and sparser than I would like, but I feel like no matter how much or what mascara I use, they'll never be enough. Especially since I started dating my partner... who has ridiculously long, thick, fluttery eyelashes. Not very good for my ego, considering my partner's a boy. I could spit fire on this topic. As long as our babies have my Chinese almond-eyes and his strong Indian eyebrows and beautiful eyelashes, I'll forgive him. I think.
-I've put on moisturizer as part of my morning routine everyday since i was kid. I also used to do a lot of art, including Chinese calligraphy, so i have very good control over my brushes. It makes me fast.

jessicazylee
Posted

LoL
I used to be like "makeup is for special occasions" and such, but I got too fond of looking like I have perfect skin. And the whole invisible eyebrows thing.

Posted

Invisible eye brows? Such madness, if such a thing existed then this emoticon would be worthless O.o

I don't wear foundation or anything except maybe eye liner because i find looking too perfect just plain weird, when I look at someone walking around looking either orange or photoshopped, it's too perfect to be appealing. (The photoshopped look, not the orange air hostess look).

Posted

LOL. Invisible eyebrows. Never heard of such a thing.
1. I do not know what foundation is in reference to makeup, but I have helped lay some cement foundation for a houses.
2. To leave the house I throw on some clothes and a hat. Oh and make sure all the appliances are turned off so I don't start another fire. Only happened once, okay twice but the second wasn't my fault.
3. I hate wearing clothes. True. First thing I do when I walk through my front door is take my clothes off. Made my partner laugh when I did it the first time, now she checks my temp if I don't do it.
4. I don't even know how to address this one. Never wore it, hate the stuff. It smells funny. I don't like to scrunch up my face when I kiss anyone. And that powdery stuff all you girls put on your face it makes a mess.

Posted

Foundation is what you Americans call concealer. Supposedly meant to hide minor imperfections such as acne. Sadly most women get it wrong, and up looking like they've been tango'd... or as you likely calling it 'mountain dew orange' lol

Posted

i like that and so nice and kook

Posted

1) Tell us your favorite brand of foundation
I use a mineral foundation
2) what do you have to do before you leave the house
brush my hair or put on a hat
3) what do you hate wearing?
I agree with Carla... I hate clothes
4) makeup regime takes how long?
about 10 mins

Posted

covergirl

Posted

being naked

Posted

brush hair and teeth before leave the house

Posted

"Okay so i haven't been on in a while, and there are many fascinating convo's but this is probably the only one I'm not too tired to respond too. Let's test that theory.
so I don't have a favorite concealer but I do like neutragena. I like looking pretty but I generally agree that make up is messy and takes skill to apply well so I'm generally a special occasions only sort of girl even though I don't have the best of skin. I don't like wearing clothes, either. and one thing that I always do before I leave the house is brush my hair.

Posted

oh and I forgot....My makeup regime usually takes 0 min because I don't usually have a reason to wear it, but when there is a reason it can take between 10 and 30 min because I lack the skill.

jessicazylee
Posted

I used to be pretty blaaah about makeup too. But I use it like i use clothing... cover up what you dont want ppl looking at, pretty up what you are proud of, and can be used to make illusions or put forth a certain image

and every now and then u can be as crazy as u want. granted, I'm not as crazy as my best friend but it's still friend [my best friend wore neon green eyeshadow with orange liner once when she was bored. oh and she was wearing glitter leggings too.]

Posted

hello

Posted

lols Jessica that sounds amazing. And I do agree with you that make up can cover up what you don't want other people to see. By the way, I think Green eye shadow and orange eyeliner would be fun. Not necessarily pretty, but it would certainly scare all the normal people, lols. I would never be that bold unfortunately. My friend and I like to go to thrift stores and try to find weird things that most people wouldn't wear and if we can pull them off we get it. She's my good luck charm when it comes to shopping I swear.

I just take so long waking my brain up in the morning and getting on line and showering and other things that I don't really have time. I also think that if you start wearing make up all the time people expect you to look like that all the time and if you ever go without make up it's like they don't recognize, and like you said you get used to the illusion of having perfect skin. anyhwo, that's just my opinion on the whole thing. I think being broke and not having someone to teach you all the tricks of how to apply it well makes a diff.

Dominique_St.Peter
Posted

I think make-up covers up your true beauty! I don't wear make-up, I'm not saying it doesn't make you look sexy. I just don't care for it myself.