As humans, are we not too complex to ever have feelings just for one gender? - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

I had this debate with my friend the other day..but they didn't get where i was coming from. We are intelligent beings so why is it that we are made knowing what gender we are attracted to. Is it not an insult to our intelligence for everything to be black or white, as in just being attracted to one type of person/gender? For example: you hear stories of people being married 25+ years (straight) and then suddenly one day a person walks into their life (the same gender) and they fall in love, and they say they never knew they were gay until that person came along. Some could agrue and say "well that person was Bi all along..." but i dunno.. If our feelings towards a gender can change in an instant why does everyone label themselves so early on in life? "No i'm definately gay/straight/BI etc. I think we were made to love a person and not a gender. I know thats pansexuality...but maybe we are all pansexuals? Plus..i know most people have a celebrity crush that we say we'd go "gay for in an instant"..if that celebrity walked up to you (same sex) and ye kissed, does that make you gay?

Opinions on this would be ever cool!

Posted

I think its true that some people are pansexual and are attracted to the person and not the gender but once again thats not everyone I have dated guys in my past and have 2 great kids out of it but I was never happy and it never felt right. I was attempting to be "normal" coming from a childhood that was everything but normal. I know that when I am with a girl I feel complete and truly myself. I have no doubt that I am gay. I think a lot of people limit their sexual experiences and dont allow themselves to really figure out who they are out of fear of not being accepted by society but by no means do I believe that makes everyone pansexual.

Posted

Sorry Casanova but I do not agree with you. Yes there are people who are pan-sexual but that doesn't make everyone so. Take me for instance. I have never been sexually attracted to men. I know loads of people who have had late in life same sex relationships, but they all say the same thing, "I was never happy. I knew something was wrong but I didn't know what." Or something along the same lines. I think for "straight" women the idea of same sex relations are not as repulsive as a "straight" man would think. But not everyone can be lumped into one category. As you said humans are complex, so why try to lump us together?

Rachel_Kind
Posted

I agree you all know about the the kinsey report!

Showing that only 20% of the population could only see themselves having sex with one gender.
Meaning 80% fall somewhere in the middle.

Admit it most of you are Bi like me

1being super straight 10 being flaming gay and 5 being balanced in both like of genders.

I gareintie all of you are 2,3,4,6,7,8,9

hmmmmhumm!

That is why lables are STUPID!

Melissa_Ross
Posted

I know about the Kinsey report! Very informative.

Cat_Marcos
Posted

I believe that "gay" "straight" "bi" or what ever society wants to call it, are labels for people who like to categorize things because they don't understand them. Sounds like how my girlfriend and I started going out. I was with this one girl who treated me like complete shit, and when I ended it, I thought I was going to start dating guys for sure. Then my girlfriend and I started hanging out again and we realized how much we love each other. Now that I'm with her, I don't feel like I'm a lesbian. I just feel that I'm in love with the most amazing person in my life. Love is eternal, gender is an accessory.

Rachel_Kind
Posted

Once again tottaly agree with you Cat

Posted

but in order to want to go to a guy you have to have an attraction to them and for some thats not an option... we cant change what we are or are not attracted to.... I could meet the sweetest most wonderful guy in the world but if I have no attraction to sleeping with him then hes a best friend.... when you do not have any sexual attraction to members of the opposite sex then its not possible to develop a relationship

Posted

Agree with Amber. Anyways this conversation is a useless one because no matter what is said everyone will still believe what they believe. Personally I do not want to ave a conversation about attraction to men. So adios

Posted

I'm on about the mind...women are very sensitive so why be with a man who phsiologically is "made" not AS sensitive? I dunno..that kinsey report thing..wow..its a confusing world but i still think were not "made" to be attracted 2 just one gender..it doesn't make sense..probabaly just to me! I'm just confused about myself i suppose..too many questions to ask all of ye assured people!

Rachel_Kind
Posted

Society creates people to believe to be one way or another, we need free love of the 60s back, but this time with condoms and watching out for the sycos lols!

Posted

would love to go back to the 60's! And your right, we are shaped by the society in which we live which is crap because everybodies own community etc. thinks differently about gays, which puts an added pressure gay people within that community to act in accordance with it. Blllaaa one love! ♥ I wish all the gays in the world lived in one place for a night for a major party!