Taylor_Bowman

how would you know? - Gay Guys! <3

Taylor_Bowman
Posted

how would u know if a person is gay cuz i dont want some ppl call a gaydar watever that is... anyway how would u know is there a special way to ask or certain things to look for? also if the person is gay how would one know if the person was interested in you? i just wanna know so i can look out for these ya know useful info and stuff

Paul_Whalley_48096
Posted

Gaydar is a site used by gay people to find others. there is no real way to tell if a person is gay unless they are openly out to others, some gay men are very effeminate others are just your ordinary man in the street You could also go to any gay venue be it club or bar then you would be on pretty safe ground. Good luck in your search

David_King_47152
Posted

men do not show emotions as easily as women so they try to hide their feelings sometimes though you just know a person is gay or bi

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Sometimes it just the way a guy might look at you..Alot of gay guy don't show that they are gay..I myself have been told alot of time that they didn't think I was gay but know right off the my Donnie was..Sometimes it might be just the way they act..

Posted

There used to be a " code" used to ask if someone was gay, this was instigated , I beleive, way back around WW II...The term's called " Friend Of Dorothy". I actually heard it used in a movie ( with Jason Preistly from the origianl " 90210 " ), & had heard it used when I lived in the New York City area. I was aked if I was a " Friend of Dorothy's " once @ college, not aware of what it meant, I asked what it meant. Was told since all gay ment circa 1950-196? were Judy Garland fans, and she played DOROTHY in "The Wizard Of Oz" that was the code.This was the explanation given 2 me, anyone hear have a different def???

Posted

That sounds about right..
My gaydar is bad.. I know gay guys can be anything from butch to fem (I'm neutral), but I thought there were clues to look for - I once got the nerve up to ask a guy in college after observing him and wondering all semester: he worked out, was fashionable, etc etc, Last day of class I finally asked him and he said No! But he did say that wasnt the first time he was asked that question - that made me feel a little better... So I guess you could call him Metrosexual. (Damned metros make things difficult, dont they?)
SO that was my life lesson - either I have no gaydar, or there is no such thing - not foolproof, anyway. You need more to go on than that.

Posted

Mon., April 25th, 11, 19:35 Hrs. M.D.T.
Hi Group.,
The Term "Gaydar" Really Its a Gay Verson for Raydar. Keep Your Guard Up to
Protect Yourself From Others as Such. Beats Leaving Yourself Wide Open to Verbal or Physical Abuse. Not Sure of All the Expressions etc Either. Who Is, Right.
Example "Giving Head" I didn't Know it was Another Way of Reference to Blow Jobs for a While, untill I Figured It Out for Myself. Bit Ackword, Yes But I Learned so By Paying Close Attention to Remarks, Conversations and Lingos to a Degree, One Slowly Gets a Better Ideas of Whats Happening Without the Embarassement of Being Left Out.
Views to Consider,
Tnx,
Operater.

Posted

It's so difficult isn't it. I really wouldn't have a clue how to spot a gay man although I did have one experience where I was right. I saw this guy who appealed to me on Facebook and he had that very pleasant 'free' kind of look that hetero's don't know anything about. So I asked him, yup, he's gay.

There used to be codes if you were asking for sex by having a red handkerchief hanging out of your pocket. I'm not really into the gay scene but is that still used?

A boy just needs to know these things.....hahahahaha.

Posted

Maybe we should wear T-shirts with "Kiss me if you're Gay" written on them.

Posted

or a shirt that says

Lets Get Something
STRAIGHT
Im not!

Posted

Good one Luis!
I like those 'subtle' statements.

Posted

There are certain gay quirks that can immediately be identified and certain gestures that just can't be helped being noticed. One can never be too sure though. Asking only works if the is gay to begin with.
Closet cass will likely deny it. One that works for me is eye contact. If a dude stares at you for more than 3 secs, smile. If you get a smile back, he's at least bi for sure. That's how my gardar works at least.

Posted

recently my gaydar hasn't been working very accurately so i decided to upgrade to a gaytooth (gay bluetooth)...the downside is... you have to be really close to a guy for it to work.. (g!ggLe g!ggle)

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

LOL Thats all I can say to that Niloc

Posted

Hell do it the old-fashioned way ask

Posted

And risk getting your face smashed in?

Posted

I have what my friends call a Gaydar I know who's gay, bi or straight, I am 99.9% correct, however sadly my Gaydar does not work on people I fancy.
Is there a way to ask? Yes, if your blunt like me just say 'You gay?' if your not talk to the person get to know them better and eventually you'll find out.
How would you know if that person likes you? You don't! Grow some balls and TALK to that person, SOCIALIZE and get to know him better only then will you have ANY chance of being with him, crying out loud, WE are HUMAN, we do the same thing straight people do to get g/fs, talking to people knowing new people etc.
DON'T stereotype us! There's enough people doing that already!

Posted

I have yet to get my face smashed in by anyone because when I asked them. It's all about the way and the tactfulness that you ask a question also the fact that I have little fear of anybody else. I can ask you questions and only two ways that you can response either answer or don't answer.

Posted

That's my problem, I'm not good at meeting people and socializing.

Taylor_Bowman
Posted

omg me 2 im really shy with new ppl cuz i never know wat to say