Rachel_Kind

Why Labels - Lesbian Ladies

Rachel_Kind
Posted

I am getting so sick of it, I tell people I am bi when asked but I wish I didn't have to use labels, sex is sex and love is love.

Who you do it with doesn't matter, gosh. I hate how society likes to put people in cramp little boxes, because GOD FORBID you actually have to get to know people to find out if you like them or not!

Posted

i agree with you rachel..i dont like labels either..i am who i am. hate me or love me i aint changing, I was born this way and im guna stay this way. i love who i am and the people around me and i love my life right now.

Cat_Marcos
Posted

thats so true!! I don't know why people can't love other people regardless of their gender preference. I think labels are for people who want to segregate and categorize society so they have something to hate and complain about. People are just so stupid now days, they throw out labels to make themselves look smarter. Love is eternal and gender is an accessory.

Bridget_Creighton
Posted

I disagree with you, Cat. Yes, people do tend to oversimplify things and make generalisations due to labels, but they're not the bane of all evil, either. I don't think that people throw out labels to make themselves look smarter, either - I don't. I know who I am, and I have no need to try to make myself look smarter when I know my limitations and I know I am an intelligent individual.

Labels are something I could sit here and give you reasons, both good and bad, about all day long. Some people use them to blongs, others to connect to like individuals, and still others use them, as you said, as a way to catagorise various people and things in their lives. A lot of it depends on who you are and how you choose to use them.

For example, while not exactly a label, you did make a generalisation about all of use who do use labels - "People are so stupid now days, they throw out lables to make themselves look smarter." I'm sure there are plenty of other people on here who would contend that, as well. I prefer to use a label for myself because I am secure in who I am, and it fits me fairly well. For me, saying I'm "soft butch" is just a way of trying to describe myself - much as if I were saying that I'm Asia or Hispanic or Caucasian.

If I say I have grey eyes, that is a mild label of it's own, and doesn't mean I only want to talk to people with grey eyes or green or brown, it just is a description of me. Then again, Hitler only wanted blue eyed blondes to live whilst killing off everyone else, particularly the Jewish population and anyone who dared to stand in his way. It's all about how you use it, not all use of it period.

Where Cat says, " I don't know why people can't love other people regardless of their gender preference," once again, that is a generalisation. Just because I am lesbian doesn't mean I only love women. Would I sleep with a man? No, and that's what makes me a lesbian. There's nothing wrong with being bi over lebian or gay or pansexual, you'll love who you're going to love regardless.

A preference is purely that - a preference. Just because a person prefers lobster to chicken doesn't mean that they're only going to eat lobster, it just means that they would rather have the lobster. Most people prefer chocolate to veggies, yet I don't know of anyone who eats an all-chocolate diet - it'd be next to impossible.

And Rachel, where you say, "Who you do it with doesn't matter," - I completely agree. Be yourself and be secure in who you are, regardless of any labels you apply to yourself or others. You are you, regardless of what you call yourself - I could call myself a purple turnip, but that wouldn't make me one; I'm still simply a human being, doing the best I can in every way I can. Doesn't make me perfect, and I'm not trying to sound like I'm above anyone else, because I know I'm not.

Just some things to think about.

Danielle_Dong
Posted

Eh? I thought label is just for a can of tuna?

Cat_Marcos
Posted

hey! i was just giving my opinion!! you dont have to dis me on what i think. i don't think labels are evil!! they're just a bother to me thats all. i just stated my opinion bluntly cuz i dont want to spend my entire life writing an in-depth explanation of my point of view. i know preferences aren't absolute, so that doesn't mean i think that preferences of any type are set in stone. jeez ur so damned mean

Rachel_Kind
Posted

Hay why are ppl being mean! *hugs* Cat.

yah I guess I should make ground rules next form that ppl need to express their opinons under 2 paragraphs!

Oceania_Bare
Posted

in after TL;DR

I like labels sometimes... they can add a little spice to your life...
They're fun if you don't take them too seriously...

They're especially splendid for online interaction where words are some of the first things that grab your interest and pull you in...
I'm a young and dirty tomboy, and I like fast fucking femmes...
A Gold Star keeps the anxiety away from a girl (like me) who fears the infectious mushroom *COUGHpenis! of man...

like, seriously, they're words. Not good or bad. They're just there. We are a social species after all.