Jony_Star

Why Do We Intend To Rush What's Meant To Be??? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I just got a text from a friend dat i made online...he said he's been seein someone 4 like 2 wks...& he tells me now dat his bf proposed 2 him this morning...so now he's engaged...i'm torn between 2 feelings...bein happy & bein concerned...i wanna be happy cuz i want him 2 be happy cuz like everyone he deserves 2 be happy...so i wanna stay positive...but @ da same time i'm concerned on how fast it's goin...3 weeks ago he was single...& 2 weeks ago he's finally has a boyfriend...& now he's engaged???...i mean i know we don't get any younger...but why rush wat's meant 2 be???...i'm not really seekin any advice...but i would like some insight to what i titled this discussion...why do we intend to rush what's meant to be???

Posted

some ppl i think like to try and fill the loneliness gap,and some think they love someone so rush into one relationship to the next,never really being happy.Me i have always been single,most of time im happy i am single,but im human so at times i get lonely and want love but dont find it and eventually go back to being happy alone.But some ppl also get hitched over and over again cos they confuse lust with love and that never works,lust wears down,but love lasts forever if both ppl love each other and i have been in your position before,and i have stopped nosing in on friends' relationship life cos they never listen

Posted

It's nice that you feel concern for your friend means you are a true friend. Now as far as rushing whats ment to be just think of it as your friend finding *the one* i now it sounds corny but deep down we all have this hope, and well when you find that person dont let them go.... now if it turns out that it wasnt ment to be well it wasnt ment to be but thats what you will be there for to help them trough the job of a good friend... keep in mind its hard to stay lvl headed when you like someone,

Posted

yea...well i don't really nose around his business...dat's just somethin he shares w/me...i'm not da nosy type...& i don't intend 2 tell him otherwise...i just told him i was happy 4 him...cuz again we just became friends sometime ago...like 3 months...never met...or anythin...so it's not like i'm in da position 2 really advise him...or so i feel...& i do feel like stayin positive & hopin dat he did find da 1...cuz dat's wat i want 4 him...& dat's da only thing i can do...& like u said Luis...if it so happens dat it's not meant 2 be...i can be there as a friend 2 help him out...& i will be there 4 him...& don't worry about anythin soundy corny...i'm a corny guy myself...lol...but yea i get wat u mean...

Posted

bah i rambled on this one waht Luis said sorry

Posted

I'd like to get engaged one day myself but not after seeing each other for a month. A few years might be best.

In a way, I know how you feel, except what I witnessed (or heard) wasn't a gay couple, it was a heterosexual couple. They've only gone out for at least a month or two before he proposed to her. They're still together and they have a date set. o_O

I agree with not getting any younger but that's just really rushing. :-/

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

most people rush in to things cuz thay want to feel apart of somthing , in this case it might be just trying to feel normal to where thay live you also never said how old thay were that can play a role in what thay do i wish tham the best but at the same time i feel the rush could be nothiung but hart ache.

Posted

You can warn him, but he might go ahead and do it anyway (rush in), and like you said, you can be there when it falls apart. Sometimes that's all you can do.
Recently in the Discussions someone who was desperately lonely announced that they had found someone and were going to get married, within a week or two! We all warned him it was too fast... then lo and behold it fell apart and he was back to being lonely and despondent. Havent seen him on here lately, hope he hasnt committed suicide like he said he might - But the point is there was nothing we could say, it's almost like it was something he could only learn the hard way, because he wouldnt heed our warnings: What do we know??

Richard_Cracknell
Posted

ever heard of love at first sight ?

Posted

Well i hope your friend does well just offer your shoulder to cry on if it falls trough sometimes thats all someone really needs.

Don't hate the player hate the game..... yeah well i'd stab the player and shoot the game! lol

Posted

yeah...hope it does turn out well...but my opinion is that you cant really know someone in 2 weeks. I might consider marrying someone after 6 months...but there would have to be some time to build a relationship and trust.

Posted

Couldn't agree with you more Daniel. That's how I'd want my first (if I'm lucky, last and only one) relationship to go on. Honesty and trust are what I want in a relationship more than anything.

Posted

again...rite now i've decided 2 let him walk his path...becuz like u guys have mentioned...there's not much i can do...i live in cali & he lives in texas...& i recently known him as a friend...so i can't say i know him very well...but even w/o knowin him 4 a long time...i still does wish him da best...& i'll be there when & if he needs me...for me even 6 months is a lil fast...i agree in goin out for a few yrs b4 gettin married...cuz i don't believe in rushin anythin...again if it's meant 2 be...it's meant 2 be...rushin it would make either ruin it or have no effect...so...slow & steady wins da race 4 me...or so i think...