Why is it that everytime I am single I atract the Drunks and Crazies? - Looking for LOVE!!!

Ge****

Posted

I am a down to earth and good guy here. I have been in 3 LTR's that were actually very good while they lasted. But now everytime I go out I think I find the right guy, but a week or two later I find out they drink 24/7 or are sleeping with everyone they know. Are there any good normal gay guys left out there?

Posted

I should hope so, otherwise I guess it's join them or as a better alternative perhaps either keep searching or buck up against the odds to change them but Lord knows no one accepts change that willingly and who are we to decide how people should behave. Hang in there George, there are still good people out there. At least, I like to think there are. ^ ^; Though maybe that makes me a little 'crazy' to think so.

Posted

yes. I have spend 9 years living for my mom. nine years. I have spend my social life vilsiting her, the rest trying to make a living. I spent my 40s taking care of my Mom. She died last Friday. I let my needs go, just focused on her. Good people do exist Eric. Look around you

Posted

Yes, I'd call it 'rubbing my face in it'.
I have a feeling I've got a similar role in my future with one or both of my parents, and we just a few yrs ago went thru that with my grandpa - thank God there was more than one of us so we could take turns.
I wasnt trying to impugn your character or anyone else's. It's easy to say we're a good person ourselves, but I guess some of us have a hard time meeting someone else who matches those standards, even pointing out someone else who does, and in that case they're usually already attached or live halfway around the world or whatever.

Posted

Honey life is like that, me to everytime when i thought that i've got Mr perfect it turns out that he is a sex edict, sleeping around even with my friends. Just do as they do, they told me that those who got expirience but i have never tried before.
goodluck.

Posted

LOL, thanks guys. I have had good luck many times, but that doesn't mean I have not gotten burned. My Last relationship lasted almost 7 years and have started dating agian. It is funny how though the dating sceen gets as you get older. I am sure there are good ones out there, but I always start out attracting the unstable ones first. Maybe it is just because I am fresh or new to the sceen.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

"Why is it that every time I am single I atract the Drunks and Crazies?"

Because your picker is broken???

Nah, probably because the drunks and crazies look to be more fun, at least initially. And after all, fun is what its all about, right?

• 1 month later...
Posted

Don't sweat the big stuff...It has happened to me mostly all the time...LOL....I personally believe that as long as you go out on the gay scene which are bars and clubs, you'll always bump into many crazy and drunk people. But don't despair, there ARE good people out there....