Jony_Star

What It Means To Be Myself - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

the general society has the understanding that you can tell a lot about a stranger by observing their appearance & speech...& in this case for people who meet online...by the way they express themselves, how they type, & last but not least their pictures if they have any...and i'm writing this in "regular" english so everyone can read this...but anywho what i'm trying to say is that...people rely too much on their eyes...they become blind and don't really take the time to actually look & know someone...in the little time i've been here...it seems people have tried to label me...& i ask myself why do people have the need to label other people???...they've only seen a piece of me...and frankly they can't see the true me because of their fixation on what they've seen in a 1st impression...there are so many sides to me...& i'm not goin to reveal them all in a 1st impression...i have both good qualities & bad qualities...some people can respect & accept who i am...and others misunderstand & can't step outside of the box...so far i've been seen as less educated because of my computer slang...i've been called a wigga wanna be because someone felt like he had to call me out for not bein a "real" ghetto person...and apparently an older guy got fed up w/me because i wouldn't follow his advice...just because he felt that he's wiser than me & knows more about life than i do...or so he says...& often when i people ask for the truth & aren't ready to hear it...they think i'm a know-it-all...but let me tell u somethin about me...i'm not follower...i'm not a people pleaser...i'm not a fake...just because i belong to a certain race, sexual orientation, age & etc...i'm expected to be a certain way by people who think like the rest of society based on what they only see with their eyes...but again there are many sides to me...& as a human being we all change over time...never the same person twice...so for me to tell you now who i am...won't be as helpful...because i'm still vunerable to change...so regardless of people's opinion or thoughts about me...it makes no difference to me...u either luv me or hate me...but there is 1 label dat i care about...& i'm proud to carry it me & flash in people's faces...& that label is called me...cuz in the end...& no matter how many times i switch personalities, qualities, or w/e...i'm still me...because that's what it means to be myself...so now i ask you...what do u think about what i've said???...and what does it mean to be yourself???...

Posted

Jony ..U are spot on!!! seems in this day 'n age 2 many ppl are trying to stick a label on everyone they see. I mean ..WTF ..I'm NOT for sale ..LOL!!! To be myself? Well ..I always like to say this: "just be yourself ..it's the best that U can be". My mantra (seen in my profile) "Know yourself, love yourself, let your light shine" pretty much sums up the whole issue for me.

Posted

No more labeling.

And I don't see anything wrong with how you type Jony.

Brian_Miranda
Posted

That is very true. Everyone needs to be themselves. I am me, not what some stereo type says that I should be. I am Puerto Rican, Catholic, and ex-gangbanger, ex-felon, gay, and most importantly, I am me. I will not change who I am for anyone unless it makes me a better person; which I have done. When I told my Mom that I was gay and had a boyfriend, she told me like you say, "just be yourself"

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ everyone true, if you are not true to youself then in my book you are nothing if you have to lie about yourself. I am what I am and what u see is what you get plain and simple

Viktors_M-M
Posted

You've say very correct!! I agree your view. And you known there are many situation when you can't find yourselves... Sometimes people still don't known who they are. which way they should go in theirs lifes. so is with me too...

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ Viktors M-M it took me awhile but I know who I am and don't have a problem letting anyone no what I am abought u will find where u need to go too guy

Posted

well i have no problem w/lettin ppl c me 4 who i am...i'm just somewat of a timid person @ 1st...& once u start gettin 2 know me...i open up lil by lil...& it's not so much as soul searchin dat i do...it's just dat there's always somethin new 4 us 2 learn & start applyin it ourselves...& we as human beings evolve along w/da times...dat's why i say i'm never da same person everyday...somethings stay da same...& things will change overtime...but my identity is still da same...me...

gstanescu84
Posted

Totally in agreement. Just be yourself. Your fake self will get you into a lot of trouble.

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ jony I was the same way was shy always waited for someone to aprouch me, but got over it, became a "male dancer "in a gay night club My Bad LOL

Posted

I'm too shy. And introverted. -^_^-

Robert_Connors
Posted

IT WILL COME IN TIME GUY DON'T WORRY TOOK ME 22YRS TO BE CONFORIBLE WITH MYSELF :-)

Posted

well i'm almost gettin there...but personalitywise i'm more than comfortable w/myself...lol...

Robert_Connors
Posted

cool JONY

Posted

Jony if you keep switching your identity. and you said you do, how can anybody get to know the real you? How will they know it is the real you.

On here all we got is what you write to decide if a guy is ok or not, and it has got me in trouble a few times when they turn out not to be what they seem or say.

No I am mega careful, don't trust many people and right now I hate myself so why would anybody like me??

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ Dean we all make mistakes dude yes u hate yourself but it will pass don't give up becouse of a few dicks u r young and cute but like u said be careful there are frauds out there just fucking with people emotions and that sucks Good luck guy and don't give up :-)

Posted

my identity never changes...& apparently i still need 2 repeat...dat i'm just me..me is me...no matter wat personality changes i go thru...when & if a person knows me...they will know da real me...no matter how much i change...& hatin urself is a process we all go thru @ point of our lives...it's just a matter of wantin 2 get over it...& actually gettin over it...& finally go thru da last stage of 4givin urself 4 w/e reason u hated urself in da 1st place & start luvin da human being u r...ppl aren't wat u always u expect...but dat's why u also need 2 learn never 2 expect anythin & be open 2 everythin...some ppl like myself have no trouble bein honest...others feel like they have 2 lie cuz they're not comfortable w/themselves or 4 w/e reason they might have...so it's ok 2 not be so trusting @ da moment...but it will all pass...but as 4 me...wat i've said here so far is da truth & it is da way i feel...i don't have 2 or want 2 make anyone 2 believe dat i am who i say i am...dat's somethin u all have 2 decide 4 urselves...& it's not like i have an obligation 2 explain myself...but i choose 2...& like i said i'm coplicated...but maybe da ppl dat really know me...c me as a simple guy...everyone sees me differently...to 1 guy i could be someone who's blunt & speak da truth...another guy would c me as a guy who thinks he knows it all & an asshole...& 2 be honest...yea i'm both...accept urself 4 who u r...both good & bad...don't ever expect 2 be a perfect person...cuz dat will only lead u 2 be unhappy w/urself 4 da rest of ur life...

Posted

i am me and i dont change anything about me or what i do for ANYONE.if they cannot accept who i am or what i do,then theyre not really willing to even THINK of liking me let alone love me

Robert_Connors
Posted

well said Ike :-)

Posted

thnx,i wouldnt ask or tell someone to change theirselves into something i like,so i wont do that for anyone else cos cant have everything perfect in life

Posted

perfection is a fantasy made up by ppl who luv 2 dream...there's no such thing...

Posted

It's a possibility that a lot of gays that are very new (young and unsure for example, say 18) don't know a whole lot but someone to be there for them. But they could also be unsure with themselves because they lack (or think they lack) some things that most other gays have. Looks, intelligence, personality. Like you said Jony, perfection is a fantasy yet a lot of people try to be perfect. Nobody's perfect.

Robert_Connors
Posted

amen Trevor well said guy TU

Posted

I agree with what you said last Jony. They say dreams come true, I found only nightmares come true, dreams are just a fantasy that will never be.

Robert_Connors
Posted

Dean if u think that way that is what will come your way, u r young u have a whole life to figure out things don't give up dude Cous I almost did and u know what am glad I didn't good luck guy and happyness :-)