Hunter_Mauldin

coming out - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

so i need a little help...myy mom and sisters and brother and friends all know im gayy..but myy grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins dont and idkk how to tell them because they all are veryy religious..myy grandfather is a preacher..can anyone help me and give me adviced i'd really appreciate it.

Christianna_Simmons
Posted

My grandfather is a rev so I understand what your going through. When I told my grandfather he did preach the bible to me but I had to make him understand what made me feel good about myself. When you tell your family that don't know tell them how you feel from the inside the person you are and feel is right. And if that don't work say at lest im not being another female having kids and don't know the father.

Posted

My girlfriends family is very religious and my dad's parents are catholic, I didn't actually come out to them per se my dad mentioned it and they did they whole denial thing (thought it was a phase) etc. but they got over it.

If they try to pull any of that religious crap on you just tell them God created all humans in his image, and accepts us all for who we are, I doubt the most gracious being in the world will discriminate you for you who you, love is love.

If they pull out bible quotes, there are a number of books undoing hateful messages in the bible and a few of them such as what is right and wrong are really powerful. the book 'Sins of scripture' undoes all the bible messages of hate against gay people.

Posted

thankk youu i know they arent gonna disown me or anything but its still hard because i feel like im disappointing them. and i dont wanna do that

Christianna_Simmons
Posted

You can never disappoint them. Family normally are disappointed when when tell you over and over not to do something and you do anyway. Your family is going to still love you. Im catholic and come from three different religious and that was hard on me but when I was forced to tell my family it took time for them to understand why but they do come around. When you tell them they will question everything like what can a woman do that a man can't and more don't say nothing about the sex lol. But your thoughts. It'll be fine

Posted

I am going through the same thing but its opposite..... how would i tell my parents and siblings? i am afraid that if i tell them that i will get kicked out of my house and will not be able to communicate with them anymore. i read the comments and i just want to know how to do this.......

Kirsten_Shah
Posted

I'm out to my friends but not to my family nor relatives. They kept saying that being gay is a sin and all those stuffs. And my brothers are so uncool. They're like waiting to catch me red handed (while doing something wrong) and sabotae me to my mom. How uncool can they get. This society is so against homosexuals and I wonder when people are gonna be more open minded about gay people.

Danielle_Payne
Posted

everybody and my grandmother knows i'm gay, my mum had the hardest time with it and we didn't speak for a couple of yrs but eventually she came round,in the end it came down to my happiness against her predjudice,we had a long honest chat and she lost alot of misconceptions,my dad was great and stood up for me which helped and came with me when i told g/parents, i don't know if it helps but if u find someone in the family willing to help and give support when coming out take them with u,predjudice is hard to maintain when they realise you are not alone and others understand

Amy_Begs
Posted

im the only girl in my family of 6 and coming out was so hard to them but i had to be true to myself to be honest, it didnt kill them to see me be me and happy, i dont live at home i moved out before telling them so they didnt get the oppertunity to throw me out but i have a better relationship with them all now because they now see moving forward with my life, being girls i think moms take it the hardest and my mom had real trouble with it, i just say if loosing your child over there sexuality then its your loss and before long she was at my door hugging me so my advice is be true to you and do what you feel is right!!!

Danielle_Payne
Posted

sry didn't realise this was for younger girls ,getting old sucks lol

Posted

My mother was the same, I have a yonger sister but I guess every mother has a vision of what their childs life will be like. It took about a year for my mother to accept me fully.

Don't let them guilt trip you! my mum used to get drunk and sit on my bed and tell me how she wishes i wasn't this way but she guessed that my happiness was all that mattered. Cushoning what she was really saying. But like Danielle my dad was great, I told him while we were driving (i was driving of course no accident had :P) and he told me that it was great that I had the confidence to come out and that he loved me no matter what. He was happy his daughter was happy.

As long as you have acceptance from one person just one it makes it so much easier.