David_Van_Asdale

Too nervous to tell parents - Gay Guys! <3

David_Van_Asdale
Posted

I grew up in a semi strict christain family...and Im just too nervous of their reaction to tell them Im bi...I want to tell them, but I dont at the same time. help lol

Tony_Lee_Pugh
Posted

i grew up in a rural town in TN very religious and a farming town
i was always picked on and bullyied in school my mother was not thrilled with having me as a son, but i finally told her and she sent me to a pyschiatrist to change me

Posted

And what a crock that is Tony. Everyone who's gay, knows you can't change them. My ex-boyfriend tried listening to his father, and tried to be straight. He's still gay.
As for David, I can imagine how tough it must be. I don't think I ever could tell my parents I'm gay. They're both gone now.

David_Van_Asdale
Posted

I just dont want to keep secrets from them.

David_Van_Asdale
Posted

But I dont want them to hate me.

Posted

I know you don't want to keep secrets from them, David. My parents went to their graves not knowing the truth about my sexuality. I guess the only thing you can do is be truthful with them.

Posted

I don't know if that's really going to help. It may make your situation worse. I don't know. Sorry.

Richard_Andrew_Kennedy
Posted

well if they love you allot they should still love you for who you are and not what you are because that is what diversity means to love people for who they are and i love people for who they are
and if they cant accept it then it's their loss
that they can't love there son for who he is

if you want to chat more feel free to send me a message anytime
cheers your helpful friend Richard

Robert_Connors
Posted

i told my mother when I was about 22 or so my dad and I haven't talked since I was 16 left home before any of this was ever brought up but anyway when I told my mom she said to me I knew so I said dos that make me a bad person she said honey I will love u no matter what my family is really cool my brother and I just don't discuss it but he knows my brother inlaw had a problem when my when my sister told him before they got married and my sister told him if you can't except that we have no business getting married Wow so basicaly he puts up with me but what ever David if u don't want to tell them that is your choice in time u will good luck guy

Kimsoohyun
Posted

not need to tell ur parents.......let the secret in ur heart.

Posted

Why tell them? You are Bi not Gay so there is no need to hurt them or cause yourself pain. You will know if and when it is right to tell them but don't jump over the river until you get there, and don't jump if there is a bridge

Posted

I know what you guys are going through, I lost my real father when i was 8 and knew I was gay when i had a crush on my BF in high school. I always knew that my mom always knew that I was GAY, Personally the way I look at it is Except me for who I am if you don't like it then just leave me alone.
Like my mom told me, what I do behind my closed door is my business.

Outlawing homosexuality is a laugh. What should br outlawed is expressing your opinion when you have neither the factual knowledge nor the life experience to back it up.

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ Robert Coleman U go girl hehehe

Posted

well it's all up 2...like i've said 2 many guys who r bi...i don't think tellin ur parents dat ur bi is as much of a big deal as if u were 2 tell them dat ur fully gay...cuz i mean u still like girls...but u also happen 2 like guys 2...so wat???...it is more liberating if u tell them...cuz i mean da fact dat ur comin out as bi doesn't change da type or person u r...& if they luv u as much as they say they do...they'll accept u...my father has always been strict on me...but he's had his experience w/guys...cuz we have a lot of gay guys in my mom's side of da family...fully gay...& even tho my mom doesn't want her family 2 know...i don't really care...if they ask...i'm gonna tell...i have nothin 2 hide anymore...& dat's my choice...& in da end it's ur choice 2...& how u feel about it...if u feel comfortable puttin ur business out like dat...then go 4 it...but don't worry about bein afraid...it's normal 2 be afraid & nervous...but also have da courage 2 stand up 4 urself...& have da self-confidence 2 luv urself as da person 4 who u r...not 4 da fact dat ur a bisexual...cuz dat's not wat really matters...da only things dat matter r urself & ur feelings...& if they don't end up accepting u rite away...give them time...i gave my mom time...& now she understands & accepts me...it's all be gonna be ok...u just gotta know how 2 handle it...& dat's my advice 2 u...

Posted

It was hard for me to tell my mom and dad I'm gay but they new way before I told them caz I never been with a girl....

Posted

i have always told people that coming out is up to you. don't listen to anyone tell you that there is some kind of freedom that comes from telling the world that you are gay or bi. no one really cares and if you are true to yourself why do you need some kind of conformation from the outside world. i know these people are going jump on me but who cares. why do you feel the needd to tell your folks which side your bread is butter. if you feel that your world is going to be better some how then do it. but after you tell them they may hate you or disown you but the world will still move on and you will do the same things you have done before you told them. so think why is it so important for you to tell. the only one you have to answer to is yourself and the higher power you believe and trust in

Robert_Connors
Posted

@ Mark so true guy :-)