jessicazylee

Favorite Fairy Tale or Myth - Bi Bi Bi Women

jessicazylee
Posted

Let's take a break from all this relationship and sex talk and for something whimsicle. What was your favorite fairy tale or myth as a child, and why? And please elaborate which version [Disney, Grimm Brother, etc etc]

jessicazylee
Posted

My favorite Disney princess would have to be Jasmine. I liked the fact that, unlike most other princesses in Disney, she was pretty intelligent and wasn't going to just "let" things happen to her. That and Aladdin was pretty hilarious, not just a pretty face like Cinderella or Snow White's guys.

But I do hold a fondness for the original Grimm version of Snow White. While I'm pretty disgusted by the prince in that version, I'm glad that Snow White killed her stepmother in the end. It's like, here's for all the shit you put me through [and there's more in the original, than in Disney], and it was pretty creative.

Posted

Hmm.... By fairy tale do you mean like any Disney favorite character we loved growing up? :/ (For example: Simba from The Lion King.)

Posted

Repunzel. There's this book called Zel that I read in middle school. Aside from how crazy the story was, a deeper story behind repunzel, it was one of the first few sentences I read of people having sex and having a baby.

Posted

Snow White: a tale of terror

jessicazylee
Posted

@Ixis oh go with whatever you want! I was on a disney princess kick when I was writing this, but whatever you think is a great story.

Posted

For Disney princess I would have to say Mulan. (Hopefully she counts as one.) She wasn't like every other princess in the sense of staying at home or palace if any and just letting the men take care of all the hard work. (Villain butt kicking, etc.) She was in a strange sense the guy and the girl all in one character. She was also asian so yeah. :P As for Disney characters, I want to say Lucky from 101 Dalmatians. His sense of adventure, passion and just being courageous. When do you get to see a puppy being that tough on their own? D;

jessicazylee
Posted

Yea I was focusing on mythos. lolz
I completely forgot about Mulan! But my brain usually blanks on that one cuz I'm like "nuuuuu I heard the original story growing up wtf?!"

omg Cruella is one of my favorite Disney villains. Also, she's really fun to analyze in some of pol sci classes. Fashion and refusing to have kids is evil?

Melissa_Ross
Posted

I love Kiara from Lion King 2. She's a brave, outspoken, loving princess and a lioness to top it all off (because we all know they do all the work in a pride).

jessicazylee
Posted

I love her cuz she has a temper and doesn't allow Kovu to push her around. That's why I like Jasmine too

Melissa_Ross
Posted

Heck yes! She likes to be her own boss. Gotta love the girls who know how to take care of themselves.

jessicazylee
Posted

:P That's why I like the original Snow White... not only did she not let anyone push her around, she KILLED her stepmom. pretty nastily too.

Melissa_Ross
Posted

True true. Yeah, she was quite the pansy in the Disney version.

Posted

Hey! I liked this topic so I thought I'd throw in my favorite! Well there are two lion king and also mulan because shes pretty bad ass.

jessicazylee
Posted

Dear Sleeping Beauty,

I had to dress up as a man, join the army, defeat the hun army and totally save China for my man.

All you had to do was wake up.

Sincerely,
Mulan

Posted

LOL! So mean! XD So true rawr! XP Well it wasn't really her man to begin with. She had to actually win his heart if your talking in Mulan's eyes still towards the end. So yeah that part seems kinda off. But the rest is very true and makes me laugh.

Posted

aha thats great and very true

Posted

Favorite disney princesses... Belle and Mulan. I was a booknerd, so Belle was a princess I could identify with, and Mulan went and saved China. What's not to like?

Favorite "fairytale" would be The Point. It was a play, and then a cartoon in 1971, written by Harry Nilsson and narrated by Ringo Starr. "You don't have to have a point, to have a point."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFlACG6qvI

I have the main character and Arrow tattooed on my back :-)

Posted

hmm,... this is hard. I grew up with a love for mythos and fairytales. lol although old fairytales are a lot more gruesome than today's.

My favorite mythological person is Persephone- daughter of Demetre, wife of Hades. I also love the story of Echo and Narcissus.

As for favorite fairytale... Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid. His version she doesn't get the prince.. instead, she lets him marry someone else and she turns into seafoam and becomes part of the ocean. It's terribly tragic but so beautiful.

favorite Disney: Mulan and Beauty and the Beast. Because the Beast truly understands love and gives Belle the chance to be free and save her father. And Mulan- well, she's just kick ass and has awesome music.