Looking at the full moon from his glowing sheets
Gloomy dreams haunt him in this time
The time goes by as he keeps having these things that won’t go away
Hearing his dad yelling at mum from a drunk night out with his so called friend
Mum shaking in tears from the bruises he caused
Me wanting to dream again, is there any cause
Frightening nights I sit in this so called bed
Stained from the tears of the pain

Sitting on the chair in the morning hearing my dad snoring with a tipped bottle of vodka under his sheets
Mum in her room crying with the sheets
Getting dressed for school another day I say goodbye to my mum and dad
There all drowned in there sorrows and already dead
Walking to school with no pencil or pencil case
Teacher yelling in my face
Trying to be strong for all the family
Slowly cracking apart
Is there something wrong with this family?
Or am I the one, that’s making its fall.

Trying to think of a time when this wasn’t happening
A night were mum didn’t have to send me to bed early so dad wouldn’t see me
were dad didn’t come into my room after another night of drinking, mum having to grab him and try to make him to move , dad hitting mum lots of times me scared terrified under my sheets.

The grip of my dads hands on my feet
The kindness of my mother after she just got thumped shaking from fear as my mother cries.

Posted

you have abuse in your life or have seen it somewhere and this is what it made you feel. This made me feel very sad. I had a mother who was abusive and father who did not know as he was away alot. The funny thing is I never wrote poetry about it and here you are writing poetry about it and you may not have any abuse. So the mind is a funny thing. I can watch movies and it brings back the bad memories sometimes of childhood but it has helped me grow and see life in a better perspective.

Posted

u hv great ability to build a circumstance...
I luv the poem that shows less emotion but images which fully provide clue to get the emotions.

Posted

ty ^^
i wrote a happier poem on another disscussion pleas tell me wht you think, and wht did you feel when you read this?
^^ thank you for reading btw both of you x

Posted

well you are very intuitive James as that was some poem of pain. You seem very empathetic to suffering.Thinking on becoming a nurse or Doctor. We need more medical people who have empathy.
What is the other one called? Or how did yu title the discussion and I will look for it.
This poem made feel very sad as I could visualize from the words that you wrote. Keep it going my friend.
Have you checked out my other poems? on this group. They have been here for awhile so you may have to click back the pages.

Posted

ill hace a check for your porms jeanie thanks and ya peple say im good at symphothizing and empahtizing im not sure ahat intuitive means sorry and i did think about becoming a counclier or somthing i do love helping people even complete strangers it makes me smile whyen people smile ^^
and its called Bullying but the happy one is called It Gets Better and i wrote some more but on a diffrent group ill send you the link ^^ ty for commenting

Posted

i added more poems feel free to comment i do aplogise for taking up all of the dission space sorry x

Posted

Intuitive means you see things others don't or you see the real truth and understand sometimes without any words being said. In order to be empathetic you also have to be intuitive as they go hand in hand. I am the same way James. I love helping people and see them smile. I like to solve a mystery or dilemma and make a person feel special. It's what makes the world go round. We humans need to do more of it. There would be no wars if everyone did it.