Rachel_Kind

Nightmares - Lesbian Ladies

Rachel_Kind
Posted

I get horrible flashbacks many times resulting in me not being able to sleep. But in the past two days my nightmares were totally different. The night before last wasn't that bad. But last nights terrified me to the point I woke up shaking and all day at work I was off my game. I am even afraid to go to sleep tonight. I don't know what to do.

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

well ill tell you this from my own personal experience with recurring nightmares. the more you think about having them the more likely you are to have them again. so i suggest putting on some ambient music and stretching while laying down in bed so that you can lull your body and mind to sleep
this is how i do it: first close your eyes and relax all your muscles. then think about someplace/someone that makes you happy. then starting with your toes stretch and relax each set of muscles that you can, gradually working your way up all the way to your jaw. do this a few times for each muscle group and you should be ready to sleep in no time

Posted

i had the same problem
but i force myself to go back to sleep and fight back
i re-create an ending that makes me feel comfortable, safe, and strong
for many years i went through therapy bc of my flashbacks
i would wake up soaked in my sweat bc it would get so intense
another thing to try, i make sure i watch something that makes me happy b4 bed, it's an on going fight, but it will help
if all fails, there is medication to get you back on track, but don't depend on it

Posted

One thing my best friend explained to me is that if the same reoccurring nightmare keeps happening to ya more than likely it could be because your trying to get rid of something in your life forcefully but can't get rid of it or sometimes too it can be that something is bothering you and you keep keeping it to yourself instead of telling others about it. :/

Posted

Well i don't have reacuring nightmares (might be but i dont remember them) but i do wake up in pure terror. My advice is that if your afraid to sleep do you have a pet that you can bring into your room. I just get my dog to spent the night in my room so i can sleep as some people think that cats and dogs can see spirits and bad dreams, so they protect you. Hope this gets better

Rachel_Kind
Posted

I guess I can try the stretching and watching something that makes me happy before I go to sleep and see if it helps.

@ Ixis : um yah there is some shit in my life that I don't talk about that much, because it's hard to. I guess I just have to deal with the shit, It's just I am not in an environment where I can easily release my stress and rage like I used too.

I need a baseball bat.

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

haha dont we all?

well as for not releasing what youve got all bottled up inside i suggest you find a close friend and just ask if you can vent. i do that with my cousin and she just lets me bounce things off of her to get it out of my system and believe me. it helps