Courtney_Stokes

an odd situation - Lesbian Ladies

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

i just find this series of events to be a bit... strange and id like some outside opinion as to what i should think about it or do about it.

ive got this friend and i came out to her over the summer thinking she would be cool with it but turned out shes homophobic. so we didnt talk till a few weeks ago and now she is suddenly all friendly and whatnot and she has been inviting me over and now she wants me to spend the night. i just find it a little odd that she goes from "step off fag" to "wanna sleep in my bed?" im not sure whether she has just come to terms with it or if somethings up.

anyway just shoot out some thoughts/opinions about it so i can figure out how i should handle this

Jen_Bourque
Posted

Ask her. Have a serious, sit-down conversation with her and ask her how she feels about you. you personally, being gay. A few words can seriously get you very far. I was in generally the same situation a while ago, and after sitting down with this friend and telling her that it's just who I am, and does not change who I am what-so-ever. Tell her that you are exactly the same way you were, except that you like the same gender.

Rachel_Kind
Posted

I would say, do some spying, and underground work. Try and find real intentions.
Homophobic to suddenly sleep over? and in another post you said your town was really homophobic.

I would say don't go, I don't know your friend and she could be a wonderful person but her friends might be horrible.

I have herd of similar situations where the person did end up going and gets either kidnapped, beaten, or worse.

Be suspicious verrry suspicious.
Yes I am paranoid, but shit happens

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

@jennifer
i had that conversation with her when i came out to her over the summer. it was incredibly awkward since im pretty sure she thought the only reason i was telling her was because i had a crush on her, which i didnt. she was a close friend at the time so i was telling her just to let her know

@rachel
im not really sure if she has ill intentions or not. i mean we go down to the gas station every morning and smoke and we do it again at lunch. shes also trying to help me get control of my panic attacks. so i really dont know whats up with her. i do believe that people can change but its just odd how extreme of a change it is. i dont think she will go to any extremes but she did tell me that she did kiss a girl while we werent talking so i guess she got curious at some point and realized that im not a freak just for liking other girls. either that or she was high when she did it lol and in all honesty im willing to bet money its the second option

Rachel_Kind
Posted

Yah that sounds right, I was just being protective
If she is curious then just be cautious and alert and go...and idk maybe bring another friend?

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

its all good. i had to go home so i didnt get to stay over for very long. i ended up with food poisoning actually lol chick-fil-a. but thanks for the replys and suggestions