Courtney_Stokes

ive got a question... - Lesbian Ladies

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

i was just curious here and im pretty sure its a stupid question but i feel like i should ask

im going to college next year and i plan on rooming with 3 other girls. the two that i know are straight and im not sure what they think about me being a lesbian but anyway i was just curious as to how colleges deal with homosexual's rooming situations. so if anyone could shed some light on that id really appreciate it

Posted

most cases they ignor it
i think it also depends on where you are
either way, the school has no business in you sexual life
and most places haven't caught on to the whole unisex bathrooms and all that
(i'm kinda glad lol)
they also have co-ed rooms, i know we have them where i live, so it doesn't really matter

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

the deep south tends to get touchy about gays and lesbians in the community so i wasnt sure. but in all honesty id prefer the unisex bathrooms. last time i used a public restroom i had a kid come up and ask me if i was really a girl. its funny but it gets a little old. and im definitely not up for a co-ed room but they are offered where im going

Posted

i dunno, most men are smelly lol jk jk
well it is true with some, and women too
i know the feeling, my cousin says i'm not a girl bc i wear boy clothes and my hair is short lol it's cute
little kids that don't know me, give me dirty looks (okay and some adults xD)
but for the most part my city doesn't give me a hard time
you get the homophobe here and there but that's how it is

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

i just dont like sleeping anywhere near men or hanging out too closely with them for prolonged periods of time. but thats just me lol. every time i see my little cousin she always comes up to me and says "youre a boy" and i just laugh. i wear mens clothing and im dying to shave my hair off. but i do get a lot of glares from people around here. the bible belt is not a safe place for people like me. tons of homophobes here including the majority of my family. a lot of my classmates are coming to terms with it but several have shunned me since i came out to them

Posted

i had to look at your profile to see what country you were in lol
bc i couldn't believe you were from canada lol, i've been to a lot of cities and towns in canada, and i haven't come across a homophobe area xD
if you go to montreal they swarm you, it's like gay central, and there are some places like that in toronto too xD
i guess that makes sense, i heard there are a lot of homphobes in the US
not that it's everywhere there, i just hear some bad stories :[

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

yeah finding any lesbians around here is rarer than striking gold in a coal mine. people have to hide it because there are so many homophobes here in the south east. there was actually a guy at my school that got beaten up really badly just because he is gay. its rough in the US. you can be denied jobs and pretty much entirely discriminated against just because of your sexuality. as soon as you say "im gay" everything gets awkward and everyone thinks of you differently like men think of you as a new sex toy and women get afraid that youll molest them or something. id kill to be able to be open about being a lesbian

Rachel_Kind
Posted

I have roomed with guys before, trust me it's better to stay with the same gender even if you like them, because you don't have the awkward (period moments, and other girl things) also guys are just

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

id love to room with a gay guy~ problem is the co-ed rooms are only suites so there are 6 people per hall i think and i dont think i can find 5 gay guys or 5 lesbians or 5 of any combination of the two. combined out of all the people at my school that i know i dont even know 5 other gay people x_x and the ones that i do know are all younger than me. theres only one straight guy id feel okay sleeping near so 3+ random guys is not okay

Posted

@courtney
wow, i hear stuff like that on the news
i came out young, and ppl were a little distant for like a month, then no one gave a damn lol
ppl want to except you here bc i can so easily charge someone for the littlest thing. plus it's the in thing to be different here, i guess lol
i know there are some highschools here that beat up gays, and other ppl
but i went to an all girls school, and down the street was the art school, so i was a in pretty good area.

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

down here you have to fit in to get anywhere. you have to be the plastic girl or the macho man. its ridiculous is what it is. ive had milk cartons thrown at me and ive gotten beaten up several times for being the way i am. a few times it was by my own sister so im terrified of finding out what my parents will do if they find out that i like girls. people are so closed-minded here. things have to be a certain way or all hell breaks loose

Rachel_Kind
Posted

God I hate those towns.

Posted

omg, that's insane
i'm so sry you have to go through that
i've been beat up, but not for baing gay
i get the random "dyke" shouted out at me, but it's usually men, and i usually put them in their place
or i don't argue at all, bc it's the truth

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

you learn to get over it after a while. i just grin at the people that call me a dyke and say "i may be a dyke but at least i get laid" or some variation of that. it almost always shuts them up. the only guys that i feel comfortable being around (even though half of them have admitted they want to sleep with me x_x) are the guys in my networking class since i act pretty much just like them. we always joke around about me practically being a guy. a few class periods ago one of the guys said "ya know i dont think anyone would look twice if you started using the mens bathroom at this point." so not all the guys around here are bad but most of them get defensive of their man-pride lol

Posted

yeah, my brother loves hanging out with me
i get a ong well with most guys
they come to my defence most of the time "britt is one of the guys"

Posted

@ Brittany
thnx.. im so going to montreal now hahah

Courtney_Stokes
Posted

@brittany
thats pretty much how my networking class is. they got pretty defensive when the substitute starting insulting me over the way i dress. haha they sure showed her. it was great and i love those guys for it

Posted

@sheila
montreal is awesome xD i love it
it puts toronto to shame
well in my view xD not that there's anything wrong with toronto
just montrealers like to party..hard lol

Posted

im in dorms now lol !! honestly just live life.. im telling u i guess college brings out the curiousness of straight girls.. they mostlikely all wanna try n blame it on booze :P lol trust me on the spot maybe depending were ur from they will kindda look funny but man they will think about it after n mostlikely give signs that they want to.. i havent met one girl in my dorms here that isint open to it or trying lol :P anyway im from quebec soo i guess its open here but ssitll.. its dorms n college hunny just think its college n dorms

Posted

but if ur from a place like a can see that thy are more conservative, dont say much but they are still thinking about it.. n just u know what live ur life.. screw ppls opinion i know its hard.. but at the end of the day .. ur you, n they cant change that !