Like the salmon climb up the river
even though it's going opposite way
give me the will to go forward.
Go on and on, Push it up and up, Into the sky, flying high
Now you hear my voice
From nowhere else but my deep inside
Now there's nothing that breaks me
Because I'm gonna rock you up
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's rather lyric than poem, I guess. Even though I'm not native speaker, I tried to express what I'm thinking in lyrics. Want to share with u guys

Posted

Thats cool. I consider it a poem too. Tell me what this poem is about!
I have my own feeling about it but I want to know what your feelings were about it when you wrote it. I like discussing poetry if that is okay with you.

Posted

Well I want to know how u understand this poem, cuz that's the most exciting fact in poem that every person has different interpretation!

I'm not that a confident person. Warm hearted but easily get hurt and most of the time, well I'm very positive but I intend to just stay behind, although I really want to move forward and be active.

And then I saw my friend whose personality made the atmosphere of the place where group of people was staying, and then I thought 'right, I'm also very friendly person, why can't I be like her. Give impression to others!'
And also my..personal dream is to be a man who moves others! So I reckon that I need to, u know push forward although I'm afraid of doing that.

Posted

well your poem defiintely expresses fear as my first interpetation and now that you tell me a little bit about yourself it helps me to understand where you were coming from here. You want to just be yourself but your shy nature keeps you from opening up because you want to be someone great and fantastic and your afraid people might think your weird. You know what? People think I am a little weird too but I act on my impulses which are positve and sometimes people wonder why I am so nice. I think its because I want to be treated the same way I treat others. But people never treat you the way you want to be treated I learned and I have been hurt many times so I am more cautious now and only let my hair down to those who understand me.
Also once you start reaching some goals and dreams of your own it helps you learn yourself too and be more confident. When I was young I was a nice person but did not show myself as confident but a bit shy and then as I learned people and I learned more about myself I found it was okay to be kind and friendly, joke around a bit with people as that is how many people learn about you too, then yu will meet people who don't even like you till they get to know you so they are quiet too. Some people are socialable and introduce themselves to you and thats when you need to step out tell them something interesting about yourself. Your friend who is out going may know her surrounding are feel confident enough about herself to make herself more outgoing. Reading and learning about current affairs or a popular book is another way to open a conversation. Or sometimes a movie you have seen or if you know about animals, art, bikes, cars,anything that may help you get into a conversation. Knowing your subject can make you feel more confident.too.
If you like poetry study some poets and hone your craft.
Your poem expresses an urge that your gonna shake up someones life one day or the world around you and that is a wonderful way to feel. Just go after a goal no matter how small and accomplish it and then go to the next one until you have experience under your belt and then one day the person will emerge you never thought that you would ever be and you will surprise yourself and its a great feeling. By the way I like your poem especially if it is your first one.

Posted

I might give it a title like " Hold on I'm Coming" or "I'm Gonna Rock You" or
"Push me out, and Let Me Fly" just some ideas for you.

Posted

Wow..I think u know me more than I do
Thanx for your sincere discussion!!
And also thanx for your idea for the title.
Is it Okay if I use "I'm gonna rock you" as my title??

Posted

sure! It's funny I said to myself I bet you pick "I'm gonna rock you" LOL and you did.
I understand people I guess its because maybe I have been misunderstood and it does not bother me because others down the road I meet up with again say they understood me but they did not have the courage to say it in front of the ego maniac that was there at the time; so its usually the other persons thoughts that were not right as they were uncomfortable with themselves and my mother told me this once and I did not believe her. She said people who are jealous of me will react negatively and I have to learn not to take it personally even though it is. Now I am like a turtle. Tough on the outside and soft in the middle. I still hurt but know its out of my own insecurities and as Elenor Roosevelt said no one can make you feel bad about yourself but you.