Can Men Be Intimate At All? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

How can gay men find each other for conversation and maybe dating? I have tried for five years and got nowhere besides a ditch. Can gay men even be intimate or is it pure sexual like what the christians are saying?

Posted

I personally see no problem with good conversation between friends.Surely life is not all about sex.Being gay should not stop you being aa real person able to live a full life....The ditch can only be as deep as you want it to be

Tach_Chew_We
Posted

i think there are a few guys out there who can be its just gona take time to find tham

Robert_Connors
Posted

yes to all there can be intamatcey but the relationship has to be strong enough my longest was 8 yrs am single now but what do I say?

JR1
Posted

Yes men can be intimate. romance brings intimacy. There are a few of us romantic guys out there.

Posted

thanks for your replies guys. i like sex but i just want intimacy but i havent found one guy interested in it so i was just wondering

Robert_Connors
Posted

your rite Jay A men

Robert_Connors
Posted

Khristiaan you never know when it will happen it will when u least exspect it believe me I talk from exspience

Posted

You might b e right about that cause I keep looking and yet nothng

Posted

Too true.There are genuine guys out there (still waiting myself)looking for the right person for intimacy as well as sex

Posted

I also believe that there would be many people who also want relationship not only for sex but intimacy which I think a real relationship...

Posted

this is my ideal of making love. read a book or paper on a lazy sunday, going to diner, watching a movie, or just talking about your day. i have always felt that this shows more love then a roll around. hell these things last longer than sex every could

Robert_Connors
Posted

and having a best freind ,that to me is a rellationship and never seeing one without the other

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

My hubby and I have been together for 23 yrs now and when we meet niether one of us was looking for it..The first night we meet we talk all night long in a car..We didn't have sex for almost a week. Friendship is more important then sex..At least to us.

Posted

michaael, i did that once with this guy and it last five years,not as long as you,but sex is the first thing most of the time, but we waited, maybe not a week, but 3 days a record for me, and all we did those days where watch movies and talked. i think, and i could be wrong, but the longer you but off sex the better the relationship. you get to know the person and when the sex dies, and it does for some, and don't mean that you don't have sex any more, but it does slow, but you have something to talk about

Allen_Cooper
Posted

Absolutely. My story is similar with a very good outcome. I was 19 when I first visited the gay scene . As much as I wanted male emotional and physical contact I did not have sex with anyone until age 29 and then very quickly got fed up with one nighters. Soon afterwards I met a super dear and lovely guy now my partner of nearly 20 years. He was perhaps more keen for sex than I at first but what made the difference was that he made it clear that he wanted to continue seeing me before we did the sex bit first time. Relationships like anything else thats worthwhile take effort and time to develop so at first keep picking up the phone and getting back together. Chances are if you really like each other you will grow together. In the early years there are plenty of joy and tears agreements and rows, but as the American Indian says "at first two lovers are like a road and a river taking separate courses crossing and weaving, but eventually they grow together as river and river bed"

Posted

I had a B/F who was over 45 years older than me. We often had days and evenings when we went to an Art Gallery or a show, or had a meal somewhere, and there was no sex. It was great and he taught me so much about things i knew nothing about. Yeah we did have sex too on other days, but not every time. It stopped because he died of cancer. I reckon men can be intimate

Robert_Connors
Posted

bless u all I had a true love but he left when I became ill from painting cars all my life that was the happiest 8 yrs of my life haven't gottin over that and it's been 11 yrs I guess I should count my blessings @ least I found love once am single now just got out of an 8 yr relationship it wasn't the same though

Posted

first i'm sorry for your illness second it seems that you are doing better and glad for that, third sorry for the end of your relationship and as they say time heals all wounds. i'm in a one sided relationshipthat i wish i could get out of. at least you've known love

Posted

I think the words from Dean are heartening to us all,intimacy is there..be patient.

Russ_Nielsen
Posted

My first two relationships with guys were total failures....all about sex and nothing but sex! The third has been a keeper.......be patient and don't let it get you down. Definitely wait on the sex! Establish the friendship and the romance first. Mom always said if they don't know how to court you then dump'em. The courtship part is very important as you learn about each other and grow together before taking your relationship to the next level. It's worked for us. We dated for nearly two years before we had sex the first time.

Robert_Connors
Posted

u got that rite