Mark_Cutler

I Wish There Was A Place We Could Go And Be Ourselves. - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

By that I mean not having to worry about if we want to kiss, nuzzle, and shit like that. Of course, I'm talking foreplay, no actual intercourse. Tell me what you think.

Posted

i;m not sue i understand don't you have your own place if so can't you do that stuff there

Posted

also haven't you heard of a gay bay

gstanescu84
Posted

I completely understand. Thats why I only hang out in gay bars knowing we can do what we like in there. On the streets, its starting to be acceptable. But for foreplay etc., we can do so in a gay venue, bar etc.,

Posted

There are places as already stated.. I think the question is when are we going to be able things like that ANYWHERE...
Some of you may be more familiar than me, but last time I was in San Fran, there were guys making out on the street corner like it was nothing... though that did look like the seedy part of town, but not where I expected to see it at all!

Posted

Eric is right. That's what I'm talking about, when are we going to be accepted all over this country, this world, and be treated like any guy/gal relationship? They can steal a kiss on the street and no one cares. But if we do it, "Oh the world is coming to an end". Wake up and smell the coffee or whatever, people. We want and should be accepted just as much as them.

Posted

I want to say thank you all for writing your comment here. I know there are gay bars to hangout and make out in, but why should that be our only option. We are not second class citizens or circus freaks here.

Richard_Edwards
Posted

I go to Unity Fellowship Church in Brooklyn, NY. My partner (now ex) and I would sit in church and hold hands. We would dance together at a church social. We once danced together at a Democratic club party where the guest of honor was a gay activist, but many people were staring at us. We still have a long way to go for full acceptance.

Posted

We should all be able to express love for each other without threat. It's not so much that people hate those who are homosexual - it is that they do not truly love humanity. If they truly loved themselves and had true compassion for all humanity, there would be no room for hatred. All we can do is be kind to each other, live truthfully and with that eventually good things will happen. Progress is slow and sometimes it seems painfully slow - but it is progress nonetheless. Love everyone :-) Thanks Mark for this discussion thread!

gstanescu84
Posted

Completely agree with you all guys. With me ex and I we both saw a gay couple holding hands. No one simmed to care. It was very interested. Where I come from our new government is suppose to hold a referendum on Gay Marriage. A poll in my country showed 2/3rds are in favour of gay marriage. I smell a sign of change coming our way. Lets hope it stays that way and in fact completely allow us completely. I blame the Catholic Church ownership of schools that are teaching our youngsters and youth dat gays are evil etc., The priests themselves, have done far worse crimes than us. Our new Education Minister was even talking to a Catholic Church group regards schools patronage.

Posted

The churches have a lot to do with it, but also just plain invisibility on our part... Because of people's natural revulsion to things that aren't natural *to them*, and their infrequent exposure to it, it's easy for them to condemn it. Therefore we must push the boundaries and be visible as much as possible, as Richard has done - if we can do it without risking our lives.

Posted

but i'm with those people you are talking about. i don't want to see anyone making out,straight or gay. if you feel you want to do that stay home, hell i have a problem holding hands in public

Louis_Parker
Posted

so this is the deepest things you people can think to talk about. hold a guy's
hand in public or being allowed to kiss in public without being look at funny. there's more important thing to trip on than this, sex is all that on the mans of the people in this group. hell i'm glad i can think beyond the waist

Robert_Connors
Posted

sanfansisco LOl It's going to be a long time before people accept things most of my freinds r staight and they love me but in public I put on a different face and we souldn't have to but it is the way things are and it suckssssssssss

gstanescu84
Posted

Why is that Mark. People have a right to express love to each other. Gay or straight as you put it.

Robert_Connors
Posted

damb rite george people r how do I say it //? ignorent I live in a straight world but be damb I change how I am If someone askes me r u gay frigg yes do u have a problem with that they usualy back down but of course it depense on the person!!!!

Posted

yes. I think everyone, be they gay or straight, should have the right to display their love anywhere, and as Robert so truthfully puts it, be themselves wherever they are,

Posted

there is nothing wrong with epressing love, but do it in private. why is that i do want to see it and shouldn't have too. i'm proud of being gay and believe me see me you wouldn't have to ask. but to tell you why i find it sick, why i can't explain it it just turns me off.

Robert_Connors
Posted

olll lordyy mark I don't know what to say I don't !!! I'm from a state that if u where even concidered even queer !! good god all hell broke loos e so that is where I got my strength from I had to gain respect and I did ,or I would kick your as###

Posted

hell you think you had it bad because of your state, try my shoes. i a black gay fem male. and back in the day that was a real good way of getting kill because you are a disgrace to the whole black community. but thank god i grew up in a neighborhood where there was not punks allowed. boy, girl, cat, dog you either fought or get your ass kick. they taught me to stand up for myself no matter what. and that has nothing to do with the kissing and holding hands thing i just don't like it

Robert_Connors
Posted

no responce to that !! OK

Posted

no responce to what i'm sorry i did't get your last comment, plus after i make a comment i leave i don't sit here waiting for your to responce back

Posted

This has been a good conversation thread! I can see validity on all points. I think what we need is to be able to display affection in public, however there are limits as to how much "affection" people should see from anyone - straight, gay or whatever. In Asian cultures I know that guys walk hand in hand and are totally straight. I think this is beautiful. However perhaps other cultures are not quite ready for this. It's not an issue of forcing what we love on others. We need to show tolerance even when people don't tolerate others. It goes a long way! Be happy, compassionate, love each other no matter who they are. Education and acceptance is key I feel in this issue.

Kali_Chand
Posted

You are so right Alain, public display of affection with a limit should be acceptable especially being in an educated society. Holding hands is the basic of physical human connection in support, care and as a simple gesture saying 'don't worry everything will be alright', which each and every one of us need in this day and time when coming together is vital when the world is falling apart in catastrophe and misunderstandings. We hold out our hand to touch another soul, to show that we care and to spread the warmth and love, this should not be something we are ashamed of doing!

gstanescu84
Posted

Good point you make Alain. WE shud be able to display are affection but to a certain degree. ie we should be able to hold hands in public, hold each other, kiss, hugging each other. The rest like fucking, or even touching each others crotch etc., should be left at home. After all the str8ts don't touch each others genitals as well in public.