Not really sure how to begin in this group... so, here's some poetry? - Poetry Group

Posted

I'm not sure if there's a specific topic for poetry on here, so I just grabbed a random piece from my files.

Dying Hearth (sonnet)

How the yellow flames do flicker and wane
With crackles and shrill hisses of dying
Ash swirls in eddies to taunt in a game
As the popping flickers bend back
Flushing furiously in meek attempt
They cling to their roost in desperation
Yet death pulls them into a dark descent
Where amber glows die beyond salvation
Even so, the embers burn bright their worth
Climbing to embrace the fallen tinders
Rising up from the smolders to the hearth
To leave behind the remnants and cinders
Set ablaze, the new kindling glows proudly
So the flickering flames may rest soundly.

Posted

I really liked this, it's written very well, sorry for the random comment, I just thought it earned something said about it. I love the way it flowed and the vibe of your words.

Posted

Thank you very much. I wouldn't say random at all; shouldn't the point of sharing poetry be to kindle conversation? Haha.
I very much appreciate your feedback. This was written a number of years ago, actually... but it's still my favorite of my poems.

Posted

*grins* very nice, and yes that is the point I would say, do you have any more works? I just put my first one up today actually *chuckles* So what are you up to at the moment then Missy. Hehe sorry just had to read your Sonnet again, it is really something!

Posted

I bet if you took the word death out of that sonnet it would change it to a beautful poem like prose about fire. Love the descriptions of everything except the word death.
Nice job

Posted

Interesting comment about the word death... I'll have to consider that. I very much appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Posted

no problem. Go check my poems I submitted on the poetry group Lynn. and give me some feedback too.