Rachel_J_Dillon

Thunder Storm Circus - Poetry Group

Rachel_J_Dillon
Posted

Thunder Storm Circus
Crack!
I hear the ringmaster with his whip,
The tigers roaring backstage.
Their bodiless voices so proud and so strong.
Then silence…
The silence is soon broken by the pitter patter
Of the smaller animals beginning the show.
Crack!
The ringmaster swings his whip again
While more and more small creatures out onto the stage.
Again, the soothing sounds of the small feet
Were broken by the larger animals in the back.
Soon silence and darkness come over
The large tent.
Suddenly, a light emerged from the forest of black,
And another Crack from the ringmaster
Kept the show going.
Tigers and lions jumping out of their cages
Roaring as loud as the cries of war.
Another,
Crack!
I wiped the water off my face as I woke.
Rain was still falling hard on my tired hands and eyes.
I lay down giggling,
Time for another free trip to the Circus of Thunder.

-Rachel Joyce Dillon

Rachel_J_Dillon
Posted

XD Nahhh, I randomly woke up at about 3 something in the morning and was like; Oh my Gosh!! It's raining, and I have this crazy poem flowing through my head. BTW I was in my bed. XD

Rachel_J_Dillon
Posted

Thanks! I got an award for it, and I never thought it would be so popular "cause a lot of my friends wanted a copy.

Posted

cool! I have 3 published poems but they had such strict guidelines to get it published at a fairly low price and then they send you a book with you poem on the front and 200 other poems with it. I hate having to chop my poetry up to fit it to their specs. It cuts your creativity but anyway I am published. My goal is to get a whole book of mine published. I have been writing since for over 40 years. Some times I take a break and then come back to it. LIke when I ran my own cleaning business I must have only written maybe 10 poems in 15 years but now I write when the urge beacons me which is more lately then not and I can write a poem in about 10 to 15 minutes or less then I hone it and re-write parts of it or come back to it later when my thinking has changed. I write deep thoughted poetry, philisophical, cause and effect, and insight. Then sometimes I will turn around after reading someone else poetry or a movie and be influenced by what I have seen or read and just go to town. I do have some on here but you have to go back and look. I have about 6 or 8 of them on here. Go to the discussion tab and find them.
Yesterday I wrote this one real quick after I read another poem.
Now I call this quick in thought poetry as it is quick with short stanza's. Most of my poetry is longer though. Hope you like this one.

New Found Ground”

Catch,
Flattering glimpses,
Of lightning,
Then rumbling,
Shaking the ground.

You reminisce,
Of what was,
Not wanting
To leave your thoughts,
As they vanish,
Into the windy,
Bliss!

You spin
Around,
Looking for answers,
To
A troubled mind,
Finding,
Nothing,
But
Merry go
Around
And Time.

Moving,
Slowly,
Sowing new seed,
As change,
Takes heed
And new life
Starts to grow,
Answers,
Never found,
But new ground
Reaches,
Renewal
And the merry
Go round,
Slows down

Rachel_J_Dillon
Posted

Wow, I would love to get published. Did you have anything specific that inspired you to write this?

Posted

No just reading others and your poetry just seems to influence me at the moment. I call this a quicky. Just laid it out there and took me only minutes to write. To me poety is like a different release of one's self and it makes you feel good to let it out.

Posted

It' s really not that hard. You join a poets group. Then you pay to get published following their guide lines which to me sucks as the ones I had published I could only use 24 lines so I could have never published the poem I just wrote. I would have to shorten it somehow and that cuts down your creative abilities. However it does get you published. Then you pay for an award if they say you qualify for an award. It is quite beautiful but that costs you 350 clams. To me an award should be given because you earned it not paid for it. So that is kinda dump. But the neat part is they have conventions and you get to be part of a neat poet society. Now there are publishers out there that can publish a book for you. You pay a fee, and if you pay for some advertsement on a web forum or blog or site then you can become famous if you know how to market yourself. There are a lot of programs that teach you how to market your product or book but it does take money and time well spent in learning about adwords and the keywords to bring attention to yourself online. That is my future goal to eventually get a whole book where there are no guidelines just me and acceptance of my creations. You can also pay per request to have it printed for those who want to buy a book. Print per demand or something like that. My Dad has sold 200 of his books. One is about a story that is fictional but has some non-fictional material in it, dealing with history and thena story about a boy coming of age in the wild west and needing approval of his father. So some of its based on a true story which relates to a woman but my father put a boy in place of the story to make it more viable.

Rachel_J_Dillon
Posted

I know with the whole publisher thing, and nowadays whenever I write I always think of Christopher Isherwood (If you know whom that is. And if you don't, you need to look up his book Christopher and His Kind. It's awesome!) He's kind of like an inspiration to me, because he became moderately famous in the late 1930"s in England, which was not easy to do. So it's surprising when it comes to publishers. Who will they print, and why?

Posted

yes, you have to be different have something that will turn a head and cause a big talk and then after that your in like flint. Yea I will go check him out right now. Thanks Ray!

Rachel_J_Dillon
Posted

Good, he's awesome. In fact I'm watching his movie right now. XD