Elphaba_Thropp

Imangine - Poetry Group

Elphaba_Thropp
Posted

I own no claim to this beautiful but simple poety, nor has it ever been mine. I am merely posting it up because, over the last few days in my life, I have come to realize how much it is a part of my soul and hopes for the future. It is also being posted in tribute to a wonderful and brilliant man, my uncle, who is losing the battle to a brain tumor. He remembers when it was first released by the great visionary John Lennon and took it to heart, as he taught me to, as a truth we should all hope to live by one day.

~For My Uncle Reece~

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Posted

Yes Elphaba- Your Uncle is so right and thank you for sharing this John Lennon classic. I remember when it first came out. MY mother actually bought the album and I almost fell flat on my face as that is was her character to do this. It helped me realize she was connecting with her own past too and all the Jewish friends she saw killed in Yugoslavia and then such a great musician like her own brother die a tragic death. I saw my mother more humane then I ever saw her before.
This is one and I am sure many peoples favorite songs for the world. We need Peace so very much more than ever before!!!