Kristin_Vogel

Ok my lesbian issue... - Lesbian Ladies

Kristin_Vogel
Posted

Ok so I'm just starting to come out and have had lesbian friends in the past through my old roommate in Milwaukee and ok so one of my road blocks in coming out before was the nature of all my lesbian roommates friends and pretty much everyone in that group I thought that if I was gay then these would have to be my friends or people I would have to date and I was like fuck no.

Like it seems that most of their friend time spent together consisted stupid jokes that arent even funny, immature conversation and wrestling each other, and they pretty much hate men yet have men dare them to do 'lesbian' things, and ending every sentence in "just sayin" or "thats what she said"

And ok my point is those people annoy the shit out of me I get sick of the innuendo jokes and I'm not into wrestling other people, so now I am coming out and trying to get some lesbian friends here in MN and its like its the same people are here, its like 90% of lesbians are like this and the small 10% who aren't like that who are actually really cool are dating or friends with these people.

I just I'm wanting someone to go NO not every lesbian group of friends is like this because I seriously hate these lesbians, I'm rethinking this whole being out thing

Anyone else encounter this?

jessicazylee
Posted

that's a common issue that's come up in certain areas. What's most irritating is a group will become visible and claim that their version of the identity is correct, and will chase away other ppl who they feel dont fit it. You should seek out other girls who aren't that way, and form another group to diversify things. That's what we did back in Purdue.

Kristin_Vogel
Posted

thats exactly the problem that i have that because i dont fit that mold im not gay enough or not really a lesbian, yeah i guess just keep on my search for decent lesbians

jessicazylee
Posted

back in a group i worked with, it was dominated by white gay men. it also made a cycle, where minorities didnt join because they didnt feel welcome, so there was never any minorities. I ended up finding a bunch of other Asians and women myself and then dragging them to events together. slowly but surely, we changed the face of the gay community at purdue.

Kristin_Vogel
Posted

thats really cool, yeah i wish i was able to find some like minded people

jessicazylee
Posted

bwahahaha my executive board when i was president was half asian and half women. hit up facebook, this website, and talk to ppl! u'll find them.. queers do make up like 10% of the population

jessicazylee
Posted

bwahahaha my executive board when i was president was half asian and half women. hit up facebook, this website, and talk to ppl! u'll find them.. queers do make up like 10% of the population

jessicazylee
Posted

Rachel_Kind
Posted

Omg so there is Asian lesbians . I know that sounds ignorant, but I have been searching for an Asian girl, but most of the ones I met (not friends just like oh she is hot I should talk to her, because I have a lot of Asian friends, I speak Korean and tiny bit of Japanese) are either straight or scared to come out of the closet. Leaving me like (゚д゚)

jessicazylee
Posted

depends on the type of Asian [where their culture is from] and where/how they grew up. I'm far more open than most, having been born in New York and grew up in California. Plus I'm Taiwanese, which is the Gay Mecca of Asia. Seriously, ppl act differently [government is rolling out textbooks this year to have kids learn about gay rights as part of the human rights curriculum to 5th graders].

Rachel_Kind
Posted

Oh wow really that's awesome...is that is America?

jessicazylee
Posted

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you think the republicans/conservatives would ever let that happen?

no sweetie, we're an island off the south eastern coast of Mainland China. bwahahahahahahahaha

Rachel_Kind
Posted

Yes I know where Taiwan is, I have Taiwanese friends, I knew your country was Liberal but wow, I am impressed. NEVER LET CHINA TAKE OVER!

jessicazylee
Posted

it's ridic liberal, since they're very focused on human rights. It's illegal to discrimintae at work or in education on the basis of gender, age, or sexual orientation. I'm a political science major, and I looooooove their social welfare system [it's not a dirty word, it means the government looks out for how to take care of needy citizens]. Taiwan's health care system is amazing.

Taiwan also hosts Asia's largest gay pride parade [30,000 last year, roughly teh population of Dover].

Rachel_Kind
Posted

Yah I am not ignorant, I know what social welfare is, lived in France for 3 months. I want to go to Taiwan!

jessicazylee
Posted

awesome... majority americans act like it's something dirty [i lived in indiana for a few years.. .conservative hell hole]. come in october... it's gay pride, plus it's cooler!!