Why are so many lesbians: - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

very loud and outspoken...
unhealthy..
always talking about sex on here..
usually have some mental illness..
intimidating..
very opinionative (can't spell)

you could argue that some lesbians give the "stereotype" a bad stereotype..

N.B. This is a debate..not all my own opinion..

Posted

Wow well first of all whoever said all that are ignorant and don't take the time to educate themselves. I'm not loud unhealthy or have a mental illness and neither are any of my lez friends. look what group your in. Of ourse the subject of conversation is mostly going to be sex, it's a social group for sex! Your not going to get the answers you want to hear because you've deffinantly stepped on some toes :-/ not nice

Posted

eh its her view on things and most lesbian are horny i mean we are only human =P and i agree with D'Andra i love it that a girl is outspoken but i also love a shy girl doesn't matter to me i just love women

Posted

I disagree with all the above statements. I'm healthy....minus the occasional fast food burger...I don't talk about sex here because I"m not confortable discussing my sex life with people who I don't know to well. A lot of straight people have mental illnesses and if you find me intimadating then thats your problem and not mine. I'm secure with my sexuality, with my sexual appetite and with me in general and as far as being opinionated...Yeah I have a voice and I'm not afraid to voice it. A lot of evil in the world has happened because people remained quiet. To the people who wish to label me...go ahead. I know who I am. I love women. I'm in love with an amazing woman. I love sex. I have a lot of opinions...probably more then anyone should. Label me whatever you want but at the end of the day...I'm just Rebecca. As long as you know who you are...there is nothing to debate about

D.M_Barrera
Posted

Haha! I would say yes lesbians ON this site express their opinions alot, but maybe that has to do with ...ITS A WEBSITE. Just a thought. I'm outspoken in public, but i see nothing bad with that as long as you know how to respect others.
I dont know any lesbian with a mental illness??
About the sex... it's annoying, i think its one of the reasons i'm so scared to flirt with a lesbian in person... because to me sex is not the main focus of a relationship.

The only stereotype in arkansas that i see, is that lesbians are usually very masculine, sometimes portray as alcoholic.

Kim_James_51052
Posted

I am a lesbian and I am all girl.

jessicazylee
Posted

in any group there are ppl who are extreme, and unfortunately, they're very eye-catching and/or vocal. It's like watching ppl who think all black ppl are like those rappers they see on MTV, or that all Muslims are violent terrorists.

It's up to us to show them the rich moderates in the group!

Posted

D'andra, i didn't mean to step on anyone's toes I just wanted to see some opinions on it. All yer comments are great its just that if you look outside yerselves and see the stereotype of a "typical" lesbian, most of these things are true...If ye totally disagree with it no problemo!

Posted

I agree with Jessica. Casanova it's different for me because my gay friends don't fit the stereotypes at all so I don't look at sterotypes, plus I hate when one person is judged based on the actions of a few.

Posted

Lol I agree with your opinion well perhaps not your opinion as you said..but the overall statement...I find it next to impossible to fine a nice sane femine lady! But too be honest the really loud one's seem to be very "scene" orientated..I just happen to go where ever the music is cool & not as territorial

Posted

Btw it's opinionated. Anywho, I'm usually not such an anal retentive pompous ass, but I just thought it was funny taken in context. Intraweb speak makes it easy to get lazy and forget how to spell. And yes I know that sentences don't begin with and. I know that anywho, btw, and intraweb aren't really word, and I'm too tired to care. G'nite all.

Anthea_Bee
Posted

Erm, i'm none of the above. Haha.
I'm quiet, i'm one of the healthiest people i know (no fast food for me, and i get tons of exercise), i don't talk about sex with anyone other than my closest friends, i DO have depression but that shouldn't factor into anything at all (why should we judge people for something they can't control?), i don't try to be too intimidating and i can, in fact, spell.
I guess i kind of debunked you, along with the rest of the posters here. Sorry, love. :P

Posted

Ya'll got some opinions up in here! Im just sayin guys, don't shoot the messenger and all that shizzle..Anthea no sorry loves me for me, I'm just saying whats on some straight peoples minds. Some of it is true, some it it is complete bollox, im just trying to get some views on this. I myslef know a good few lesbian girls who are completely "normal" (ya ya what is normal?) but normal in a predjudice straight person's eyes if ya get me..

Niamh_Mulvany
Posted

Ah Casanova NHN, funny post considering you profile pic is of an ass and ur screen name is Casanova. But I see what your saying but aswell as all the crazy sterotypical lesbians there also seems to be a decent bunch of peoplr who want to deal with real issues Lay off ladies were all entitled to oppinions and freedom of speech. If you dont like what shes saying simply ignore it ha

Posted

My Profile picture and my screen name has zero to do with what I'm talking about there Niamh and if were gettin personal ur a classy lady giving the camera the two fingers..and the reason why its an ass is because i never get sick of it! BAM!

Niamh_Mulvany
Posted

It was joke, nothing personal ment.

Posted

me too!

Posted

Haha, I completely agree with your opening statement, Cas.
A lot of lesbian girls feel the need to be obnoxious and in-your-face about everything.
But, I can't say i didn't expect it.

People are who they are, regardless of their sexuality. The gay-ness is just another factor to make their personality THAT much more obnoxious.

Got to love stereotypes.

Posted

Thanks Quincee They say we stereotype because it makes us feel "safe". Wierd...

Posted

That's quite interesting actually.
I think they may stereotype to make THEM feel safe, to feel like the understand certain motives, like they have some sort of control because they can make up an image and SOME actually fit into it.

Posted

Yeah your totally right...we kind of get comfort in knowing what to expect..i think thats maybe why..we fear the unknown!

Posted

Personnally I don't all this setreotypical stuff regarding sexuality...........
Sorry me spellings not all that good.
But why can't we just be happy with who we are, and the people that surround us? Do we need to label ourselves one way or the other?

Posted

I'm honestly with Casanova on this one. A lot of straight people are putting up this stereotype for lesbians as REALLY obnixious people. I'll confess, I do fit the stereotype on occasion, but only my friends realize that isn't in my personality.

And kate, to answer your question: stereotypes exist for two reasons. The first is because when we don't know something, our brain doesn't like that gap in our knowledge, so it immediately fills it with whatever it can find that looks similar. It's why most of our stereotypes come from either movies or personal experience, and then we stick to that even when we know it's wrong (i.e. my tall black friend who fails miserably at basketball XD)

The second reason is a little more subtle. Humans don't like things that are complex. We tend to go for the simpler truth. Which usually creates a sort-of "us vs. them" mentality. It seems kind of dumb, even tribal, but it's true. Just think for a second and you come up with a lot of examples (gays vs. christian fanatics, US vs. terrorists, oil companies vs. the environment). And in order to simplify the conflict, we need to simplify the people involved. And thus, a stereotype is born!

Okie dokie, I've ranted quite enough. xD But you get the point, right?

Melissa_Ross
Posted

Bravo Brooklyn! I think that about covered it all..and quite thoroughly. So to say the least, I agree completely.

I'd also like to add that everyone stereotypes. It's a part of our mental capabilities. The thing that people need to be consciously aware of though, is that you must take all stereotypes with a grain of salt. Knowing and understanding that not everyone will always fit into those stereotypes is the difference between being Gandhi or a Nazi (okay, that's a little extreme but I'm tired and can't think of any other analogies right now. XD).

jessicazylee
Posted

good job Brooklyn, u studied psych? Just perfectly described the term "schema"