Casper_Cheung

Is it possible to have a relationship with other gir who speaks diff language? - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

For straight people,it seems easy for them to have a girlfd or a boyfd who speaks different language, but I seldom hear that two girls who speak diff languages come together. For instance, an Asian and an American.

Nebelpfade
Posted

Sure, why not ?

Nebelpfade
Posted

Come over here anytime, I'll make you learn french =)

jessicazylee
Posted

I think that usually depends on where the girls are from. Back in Indiana, there were lots of mainland chinese gays and lesbians getting together with the local whites... sometimes because they wanted to see something new, somtimes because they were scared of getting exposed in the asian community

but for taiwanese gays... they tended to stick together. Taiwanese ppl are accepting and there's a language barrier, so they rarely make it down the queer areas. but ABCs like me date anyone who's a good person [my partner is Indian]

Ashley_Munroe
Posted

@ Casper: You are about to hear it again. lol
I have an Asian gf (A Chinese, Singaporian) and I am American.
It can work.

D.M_Barrera
Posted

Gee I sure hope so, because I LOVE white girls

Posted

@ Jassica
I think so i dunno why taiwanese always stick with taiwanese no matter they are gay or straight. There is no gay couple around me in SF at all!! I wish I could in some countries like yours.
@Ashley
Woo!! Sounds sweet!!!!Im glad to hear that;]
I always wonder if its hard to communicate(maybe not hard, but would be easier to communicate if both of u speak the same language). Im so interested in u and ur gf's story!! Tell me more hahaha How did u guys meet and fall in love=D
@ D.M Barrera
I LOVE Americans;] ;]

jessicazylee
Posted

it's cultural differences... I didn't understand mainlanders until I lived in Shanghai for a bit. We may be physically separated by just a strait of water, but there's a lot more than that. I've found that it's a lot of little things that aren't obvious that make interactions awkward sometimes.. thinking style.

Taiwanese gays dont have to leave their 'comfort zone' to find other gays or to be accepted. Mainlanders usually have to. That was the feeling I got from Taiwanese lesbians.

D.M_Barrera
Posted

I think that cultural differences are everywhere, specially in America because its a blend of cultures (sometimes) forced to live together. My mother says Americans will never love anyone that isnt like them because they will never accept our skin color and our culture. I think shes just afraid of descrimination.

I have an accent too, not that its terribly hard to understand me...but i know some words i just cant pronounce..haha like February?

I've only dated American girls, it's nice to eat different food, listen to different music, learn new games, etc. I think the world would be a better place if we all just mixed a little more.

jessicazylee
Posted

Indeed. When my partner and I started dating, ppl just stared. I'm like, there's so many Chinese and Indians in the world, we were bound to start inter-dating sooner or later...

Nebelpfade
Posted

You girls are so cute to watch talking about this XD

Posted

@ D.M Barrera
I also wanna date with Americans. I have the same problom as you, sometime I know some words but I dunno how to pronounce-3-, I really wanna know what's the feeling about dating wif Americans

jessicazylee
Posted

different backgrounds different context. I was born and raised here [NY and CA], and I'm a petite bisexual Asian female. I'm sick of being treated like a fetish... it kinda makes initially wary of any non-Asian person that hits on me. It pisses me off when people are like "oh but your English is so good", as if everyone who isn't white is supposed to have rubbish English. At least with another Asian I know it's not because I'm Asian. Granted, most of my experience with being hit on is in college [I was really nerdy in high school], and that was in rural midwest Indiana, so that would hav a lot to do with it.

Posted

i want a girl that speaks french, it sounds sexy and Italian x

Ashley_Munroe
Posted

@ Casper: Thank you. lol (:
It can be hard.. But she has good English so it's not hard for me. But it can be.
Oh you can ask me in a message... ummm... I don't like telling stuff to the world. lol Hahaha *shy* Not trying to be mean here.. Sorry if it sounds that way...