People say i'm confused???? - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

From about the age of 13 i have looked at women in a way that but you are taught is wrong,so i hid it and never told anyone i had boyfriends growing up through skl but at that age it is just friends really aint it, at 15 i really started to notice my feelings and again hid them and ended up in a 4 1/2 year relationhip with a guy that was and still is my best friend......I told him about 2years in that i had feelings for girls and he just brushed it aside......finally 3months ago i ended it all because of the way i felt.....now when i tell anyone they just say oh you are just confussed or its just a stage and it will pass.....do these kind of comments irritate anyone else and do i really sound confussed? xx

Posted

If this is a stage, may it be a really long stage that will last for the rest of your life. Only you know your feelings, don't let anyone else tell you what your feelings are. Be strong!

Cheers- Jess

Posted

It's natural for people to try to get other people to fit into what they consider "normal". They're unsure themselves how to deal with your sexual attraction, so it's easier to believe that you might grow out of it.

If people tell me something like that, I just tell them, "Maybe it is maybe it's not. I'll just date who I'm attracted to, how about that?" If people want to call you gay or bisexual or confused, let them... if you're comfortable and happy people will eventually get the idea.

I'm terribly open minded in some ways, I may identify as lesbian but I don't think if I were attracted to a man I deny it for the sake of a label.

Erin_Hodge
Posted

I completely agree with the above comment. It's not your job or responsibility to make anyone comfortable or to conform to any box. You can be you and do as you please as long as you're safe. You only get one shot at this life, girl. If you know your own truth, nobody can tell you otherwise

Posted

Hey thank you for all of your great comment its really nice to see that people can see where i am comming form i am very happy with who i am and dont try to denie my feelings its just ashame that other people feel uncomftable with who i am and feel the need to say these things xox

Posted

That's exactly it, people will say these things only because they are uncomfortable, and really that's an issue with themselves that they'll have to address. As long as you are comfortable and happy being who you are, don't let anybody get you down!
When I came out to my family a few years ago, they would say similar things, it's just a phase, blah blah... sure, they can think that if it helps them to feel more comfortable. Once they get used to the idea of it and see it's not something bad, they will come around. Mine did, and now they fully accept who I am and are quite comfortable with it. Just keep your head up and be strong lady!

Posted

It is hard though not being accepted easily. I feel for you. I'll share my family with you, they're quite open with out being all creepy, "We support you! *rainbow confetti*" They joke about it and talk about my sexuality the same way they do about any other straight kid. It's nice, even better than, "o0o0o, let's go to the gay parade!" Treat me like a human being, not something special or like a piece of shit.

Posted

Aww you are soooo soooo luck o have that i have a really good friend and she is great about it and has never once said its a phase and that she just accepted it so to me she is like a one person family lol and love cacthing up with her coz she's the only one i can really e free around xox

Posted

Then count yourself lucky, not everyone get's that. It's too bad though, thank God for the internet.

AngelxEyes
Posted

lol yea i understand. half of my family says its just a phase and i've even had some friends say "we just need to set you up with a hot guy thats all" ugh -_-

Louise_Black
Posted

Yeah, I understand. I've just started to "come out" to all of my friends and a couple of them said similar kinds of things. I personally was in long term relationships with guys, even lived with my ex. So when I told people, they just said "are you joking, how could just like girls now".

I think that people are more comfortable with what they consider to be normal, and so reiterate being straight. But I honestly think that you have to be honest with yourself, and if this is what you want; then your friends and famiyl will see that you are happy and will in time get used to this and support you fully.

x