BIG MOUTH BETTY - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

I'm oing to ask ya'll the same thing I ask another group. What do you do when you told a family member something you thought they already knew? The other day I told my nephew who his real father was because I thought he knew. Now I don't know how my sister will act and should I tell her I let the cat out of the bag.

Posted

Mark, does the term, foxhole mean anything to you... ?

You didn't say how old the lad was, but putting myself in your sister's position, I probably would go ballistic for a little while anyway. I think it will take honesty on your part, and acceptance of your... for the lack of a better word, ignorance in knowing the circumstances. I'm very sure you did not do it to be mean. It was more than likely a slip of the tongue. This you must get across to your sister, as soon as she puts the gun away... :-)

It will all work out. These things always do.

Posted

sorry my nephew is 18 and has a child of his own. now that term i don't know. what do it mean. and we where talking and i said your daddy danny and he said n, my daddy is les, and that should have been myclue to shut up but i said now his name is danny

Posted

It's OK to be Human, we are not perfect, and we make mistakes all the time.
The sad thing is, that many people forget that and demand that we be perfect.
And if they feel like that, then they find it really hard to find it in their heart not only to understand you but to forgive you with understanding.
The world would be a lot better place if people just understood, that we are human, we make mistakes, we need help and support with love and forgiveness, not abuse verbal or other wise.
But most people who grow up in Drama, love it, and live it ever chance they get, yelling cussing calling each other names.
And as I told one of my lovers, you better think before you speak, because somethings no matter how sorry you are or may be about them can never be taken back, because words can cut as deep as knives, and the pain they cause may be forgiven, but will continue to hurt for a long time.

Posted

don't take this the wrong way, but huh? i don't understand. what do that have to do with me and my big mouth

Posted

My foxhole comment was a feeble attempt at humor. You made an error. Don't let it get you down. All you can do, is apparently what you have already done and that is apologize to your sister. She needs to know, you had no malice in what occurred.

Caca occurs and you will survive this. It is very unfortunate that he wasn't told before. Apparently his biological father did not want anything to do with his raising or something like that.

All will be well at the end.

Posted

you're right, but me and my fam never been close and now we are working on it and i'm scared to tell her because this will set us back

Posted

It will be better coming from you than her son. Admit your error and then ... well accept the consequences. If she finds out 2nd hand, she is going to be pissed off beyond belief, or at least I would be.

Your call. You know your family more than anyone else. Just don't do anything that will separate you further and her finding out from her son, is not conducive to building family relationships.

Posted

again you are so very right, but what if he fall out wouldbe just the seem if she hears it from me or her son. i have always wanted my sister back in my life and because f my big mouth i may lost it