Mara_Copland

Calgary - Lesbian Ladies

Mara_Copland
Posted

...anyone?

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the city who isn't young and cute/hot or older/distinguished/whatever.

Posted

I'm not for calgary, but I do have this to say, you don't have to be young to be cute or hot!

Posted

you have nothing to worry about!

Mara_Copland
Posted

I didn't mean it to say that older women aren't cute/hot, but I was referring to the skinny, insanely pretty girls. And a lot of the older lesbians I've met in the community are more butch. (Which is not a bad thing either.)

I wish I were more of a club/bar kind of girl.

Posted

they are out there lol, i know, my mother and i hang out with her gay/lesbian friends all the time.
true that a lot of the older lesbians in the community where i live are very butch
but that actually can't stop you from finding that girl
they are there, but we have to head out and do things
i know a woman my mother works with actually is with a woman in her 60s
but try getting into gay support groups, and volunteer work, or something you enjoy
you actually get to meet a lot of ppl from all ages to lifestyles

Mara_Copland
Posted

I've looked for a group, and it's mostly for older or younger.

There's a depressing amount of lesbian groups in this city. Lots for men and teens, but for women? Nada.

And same with the lesbian bar here. It's a craphole. (Or was. I don't know if it still is, since they changed the name.)

Posted

talk to who organizes these things, you can probably get one for woman
also try gay pride activities, usually at pride they open you up to more

Mara_Copland
Posted

I walked in the actual pride parade, and got nothing. I've pretty much given up, so I figure I'll just try and get more friends. I know what I look like, and girls who look like me stay single for a long damn time.

Posted

o.o that's no way to look at it!
every woman is beautiful! you a beautiful woman, an i bet you have a great personality, and plenty of qualities
sometimes it's not that you're not good enough, it's that they're not good enough for you
don't settle! love will find you, keep your head up!

Posted

seriously Mara, don't be so harsh on yourself. You are adorable. I guess there's not as much for women as there are for teens, I had never thought of that, but you should keep trying. I'm not as romantic as I used to be (good thing prolly), but with as many people as there are on this planet and everybody having a different type, then there's gotta be someone out there for you. They just may not live near you. Skinny is sick in my opinion, not attractive. Very few chicks can be skinny and still have curves. I hate them all but I would never starve myself to attain what the world calls perfection. Okay so hate is a strong word but you get my point. Anywho, keep your chin up, let those beautiful eyes smile, and keep trying.