Lizzie_Dodson

Hey ladies. I have just recently relized that im not bi ... im a lesbian. - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies had any funny stories about how your sexual orientatation finally hit you in the face. I have always known my sexual intrest in girls every since i was really young. I used guys to cover those feelings up after i had my first break up from my first girlfriend. She broke me all to pieces. i ended up getting married to a guy that i had known from school and became addicted to sex. I guess it was maybe trying to over compensate for what i was missing from my ex-girlfriend. Sex with a male never could quite satisfy me like my ex girl friend. So eventually we decided divorse was the solution to our problems. So i had a time frame shortly there after where i was still addicted to the act of sex. It was like a drug to me. When the new years came up 2011 i told myself that my i was not going to have sex for a few months. It was the best resolution i have ever made. It has made my stuggled sexualality come to the surface. I realized that i am really not even interested in men is was just my way of coving up my true feelings. I have told all the important people in my life of my decision and of coarse they already knew but they were always hoping i would find a man to make me happy. I feel like i have accomplished a big thing in my life. I feel so much better about myself. I just hope some of you ladies have some stories to share too.

Posted

I knew I was a lesbian deep down inside since I was little, but was in denial through most of my adolescence, and dated guys as a way to cover it up too. When I met my first girlfriend it hit me too and even though I am no longer with that girl now, I am just as sure of my sexuality and I agree that it feels like a huge accomplishment. Knowing yourself and taking pride in that, being comfortable with it, is a great feeling. Glad to hear you're so much happier now!!!

jessicazylee
Posted

I'm one of those fortunate people who knew my sexuality at a very early age, and was able to accept it and be accepted by other people. After moving to Indiana and getting involved in the community over there, I have make the comment that my 'luck' was probably due to the fact that I knew what the words homosexual, gay, bisexual, lesbian, transsexual, and pansexual were by the time I was in grade 5.

Support education. It kills homophobia, and helps out kids who are coming out as well.

Posted

couldn't agree more, Jessica. Lack of education is probably what delayed my realization.

jessicazylee
Posted

[i deleted a double post]

Yea I find that a common complaint. Just for background reference, I grew up in San Jose California, which is pretty forward on gay rights. In addition, my family is Taiwanese, and Taiwan is considered the most progressive Asian country on gay rights. Many of my cousins talked to me about gay rights, since studying sexual minorities is part of the nationally required curriculum for Taiwanese students in 5th grade.

Posted

you are lucky Jessica. I was raised very conservatively and had no interest in guys but I never even knew lesbians existed until college.

jessicazylee
Posted

I find the training of allies to be very important. In University I had an ally friend who roomed with a man who had never met any out gays before. We brought him with us when we met went on walmart runs, pizza hut dinners and out to the mall shopping. Over time he got used to being around a lot of gay people, since both my friend and I invited many out lgbtq friends with us. He even sought a gay roommate during summer internship in Texas, wanting to learn more about diversity.

after he graduated, he moved back to his home country. About a year later, both my friend and I received an email from him. In it, he explained his surprise at being made uncomfortable by homophobic comments. He confronted his friends about it, and even got into arguments. He said it opened his eyes to his former intolerance and that of his friends, and broke a few friendships. However, due to his vocal support of the gay community, two of his best friends came to realize and accept that they themselves were gay. He thanked us greatly for enabling him to "receive this great gift of trust". He remains a great friend and active ally in India.

Posted

That's awesome advice jessica, thanks. I will take it to heart

Posted

I have always like and looked at women in a sexual way but i got into a serious relationship with my bestes friend and moved in with him as a way of getting out of a not so goo home life, i made a big mistake in being with him for so long and have broken his heart i still struggle with who i am but when i go out and see a woman that i think o my hot i kinda smile inside because i now allow my self to think that.......i just hope that one day i will accept my self completley and will be happy....im glad that im not the only one who coverd it up by being with a guy.....i feel that it should be taught from a young age that you can love someone in a sexual way even if they are the same sex it would stop all the confuzing late nyt thinking that goes on and for some can last a lifetime it would also help girls and guys to start becoming who they are once you can find that your life becomes fuller xx

Giza_Carchano
Posted

I was also lucky and new that i only liked girls at a young age. Loving who i am has been one the the best ways in getting over my struggles when i was younger. Being with my girlfriend has helped me be more confident and strong when it came to facing my demons. It really is beneficial to know who you are and love yourself. Making friends who are loyal and trustworthy is also a really great way in realizing who you may be. sometimes you may find that you lose the friends you thought you had but gain friends who really mean a lot to you. I would say, be who you are and things will work out eventually : )