Prayer For My Gf T - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

My gf T is going in for another cervical cancer recheck on Mon morning and we are concerned because the last check 3 months ago came back with abnormal cells and they told her not to worry. How do you not worry after having it three times in the past and having the aggessive form of HPV?

Sandra_Rodrigo
Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that... it must be absolutely terrifying. all I can offer is that I will pray for you, as you ask. Try to stay strong for and with her.

Posted

She will be in my prayers, Debbie. Cancer is a horrible thing, which is why I try to perform at (at least) a couple of McMillan benefits every year.

Just to let everyone else know, btw, a guy I met recently called Stuart does a lot of fund-raising for cancer-relief, and his latest event starts next month. Please take a little time to visit www.willthemadfoolmakeit.co.uk and see if you can help. He's running 7 marathons in 7 days in a hamster wheel!

Posted

@Sandrinie: Prayer is the most powerful thing one can offer another, so thank you very much!

@Ian: ditto from above, thank you! And may I ask what you mean by "performing at the McMillan benefits"

Posted

Sorry, I forget that most people on here don't know me that well! I'm a singer, musician & DJ. I usually end up compering benefit shows, trying to fit too many variety acts into too little time! I have three "pet charities" that I raise money for: "McMillan Cancer Relief", "Lions Club" and a local animal refuge called "Live Arico". Aside from those, I also raise a little for church funds.

Posted

Wow Ian that is so great, I mean seriously dude!

Posted

Thx, Debbie, but I'm only doing what God leads me to do, and imho everyone who has health, strength and sufficient money for their needs should be doing the same. There are good causes all over the world that need our help. We may not always have money to give, but most of us can spare a little time.

Posted

It's so wonderful to hear people who "walk the walk". We don't have much either that is why the ally LG will be shutting off sometime after midnight and I don't want to be forgotten here. We help take of my friend levi. He's an 86 year old world war II vet with a purple heart. He's asked me to marry hin 4 times in three days. He's kind but gets super jealous if I am too friendly with other guys

Posted

Good to know that there are people like you to take care of us in our dotage, Debbie! ;-)

Posted

Debbie, it's along story, but just because there are positive cells there, especially after treatment, it not unusual. Normally, the wait time if 6 months before another treatment is started.

Don't panic yet. There is still a good chance the previous treatments are still working.

Bless you both and I pray for total recovery.

Posted

Thank all for you for your wonderful support snd the prayers. I know we have both felt the answers because we have gotten much needed rest and are once again in complete sync (so to speak). And its great to know I have friends to talk to about. Hope you are all blessed by my sincere safe warm hug and His mighty embrace.

GBU

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Debbie you know my prayers are with you both. I too had cancer but mine was lung cancer and thank God that it was caught in time.. I only lost a half a lung and am doing fine now..I just wish that everyone can be as lucky as I was in finding it before it got worst..

The recover was hard because my lung would not do what it was to do . I had to have chest tube put in 3 different times. God saw us through and I know he is watching over you and T too.