Jacci_Harris

Where Do We Fit? - The Gay Christian Network

Jacci_Harris
Posted

Hello guys... Question:
Where do we really factor into the big scheme of things? I know what the Bible says about homosexuality, as well as what I have been taught my entire life, but I would love to here your opinions...

Posted

Oh my... you have really opened the door with this one. Have you read any of the Bible Belt discussion?

We are all God's creatures. Those who use the OT Law, use only the parts that fit their purpose. They forget the rest of the scriptures, and the history of the time. It is important to take everything into consideration, not what is told to you.

I don't know about your God, but mine... didn't make any junk!

Jodie_Hendricks
Posted

Amen Patrick,
God doesn't make copies only originals

Posted

We fit anywhere and everywhere, MY God did not make me like this just to throw me in the pits of HELL for being this way. I am a good person, I don't deserve to be demonized by a bunch of rich, hateful, hyprocritical , arrogant people whe say THE speak for God, is that why they need a Learjet, so more people can hear them!?

Susan_Duviella
Posted

We all fit in this world just the same as anyone else. I agree with Patrick; God doesn't make junk, He doesn't make mistakes. God is all knowing and He knew us before we were born; He knows who we are and we are no surprise to Him. The bible mentions homosexuality in both old and new testaments, but not in the way most interpret it. First of all, the word itself was not in the bible originally. It derived from other words and the interpretation of those words by those who translated/interpreted the bible. Those areas that speak of homosexuality is in the context of idol worship and shrine prostitution; not a loving monogamous relationship between 2 people.
When reading the scripture, one is able to understand the original context when focusing on the date of the work, the culture and laws of that time. Understanding the history of biblical things is important in understanding the scripture properly [my opinion].
In regard to 2 people of the same gender loving each other, there is nothing in the bible against it.

Posted

Well said Susan

Jacci_Harris
Posted

Very interesting! I completely agree that we are unique creatures created by God and for God. it is always interesting to me to hear what people from different backgrounds think on the subject.

Posted

Someone, either here or on the other discussion was talking about how homosexuality was not even a word back when the Bible was put together.

That is not the only instance of misinterpretation. For example, in Revelations, the word Apocalypse has been translated to me, disaster... death.. end of times. In the original Greek, it means, "to reveal, lifting the veil, and thus revelation. I'll leave the rest to you imagination. The TV evangelist and the Bible Thumpers have used this to scare the living crap out of people.

Even the word rapture was not in the Bible. It is man made from a Bible toting preacher by the name of Miller, I believe, from PA. Thus the calling of the believers was turned into the Rapture.

The difficulty with not only the Bible, but the Koran, as we have learned over the past decade or so, is the interpretation. We are all guilty of it... yes Ian.. even me. This is why, whenever I speak, I challenge all those still listening and not asleep, NOT to believe a word I or anyone else says until they do their own study. Most are too lazy and are willing to sit in church on Sunday and accept what is said as the truth. In actuality it is nothing more than that person's interpretation or what they have been taught.

J.L., if homosexuality was so blessed important, why didn't Christ mention it...at least once during his ministry?

Posted

Friend you were made how God made you. You are gonna grow up to be who God designed for you. Where we fit is the same as every one else: right where we are.

Jodie_Hendricks
Posted

Amen Kris