Girlfriends and Exs - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

What does everyone think about a girlfriend wanting to become close with one of their exs especially one that they have a pretty intense history with?

Posted

Let me just say, that pretty much always ends up with someone getting hurt i.e. you

Posted

honestly, ive had that situation before but i was the one who wanted to become closer with my ex as like friends...its not a good idea..your girlfriends feelings will most likely come back & she would prob be stuck between you 2...unless you guys r crazzzyy in love with one another..

thats what happened to me. :\
but i cnt be 100% sure..thats juss my opinion

Nebelpfade
Posted

I find that weird, why would your GF wanna know your EX !?

Posted

She does not want to know my ex she wants to become friends again with one of her own exs. Thanks Jessica and Romarie, was thinking the same way but figured other opinions could not hurt.

Posted

Hey no problem, I hope you guys can talk this out...and hopefully she will see that maybe it isn't the best idea

jessicazylee
Posted

I'm the kind of person who's friend with all my ex's... they know me well, and as long as there are no feelings it's okay. Plus it's a good way to tell if potential partner is the jealous type or not. However, there is one ex I don't talk to, partially because he stalked me, and because it was a pretty intensely crazy relationship. For the most part, it depends on teh ex. Hell, one of my ex's offered my current partner help when he heard my crazy stalker ex was stalking me again.

Posted

Wow haha well thats good for you that he was willing to help out your partner in a situation like that! I would definitely be fine if the ex was not still in love with her that is kind of what sucks, we are long distance and he is still trying to get back with her. It's just hard I guess since they have such an intense past and I dont get to see her often I guess it does make me a little crazy but if he didnt still want to be with her I wouldnt care at all.

Posted

i say "sure you can have them, but we're over.'
be the truth is it's gonna drag you into a whole bunch of drama
my father always said something to me i never believed true, until time and time again it ket happening before me
it's this "the only reason you ex wants to hang out with you is because they want something out of you, and it's not your friendship."

jessicazylee
Posted

...and that's the kind of comment that I look for, since it's always served as a warning sign for me for jealous or possessive. Granted, it also again depends on the ex. When my stalker ex came calling, my partner made it very clear that he felt that I needed to stay the hell away and contact my friend who is a cop. With my other ex's... he just asks to be given a heads up so he's not trapped in a room with just us three. That's understanding to me.

At the same time, watching how a person interacts with their ex's also lets u know their level of maturity.
-Do they demonize their past partners? [even if the ex was awful, a mature person would say 'they weren't good for/to me' and drop it. it's past, so no need to bring it to your present.]
-Are they open to questions? [my partner has asked me very surface level questions about my bad ex's treatment, so to better understand why I'm scared of certain situations]
-But at the same time, do they also cut you off if you go to far? [just as they shouldnt dwell on the past, neither should u. They should stop u if u're asking questions into an area that was private to the ex.]
-Do they treat their ex any differently from other friends? [this can go either way. They may treat them differently such as avoiding certain types of overly physical actions. At the same time, they shouldn't treat them as something special]
-How does the ex react with you, and do they do anything to change or encourage behavior? [if the ex wants to be friends with you or just have nice interactions, they should encourage this or at least not interfere. if the ex attacks you, they should put the ex back in their place]

Just some food for thought.

Posted

thanks yall