what exactly is a soft butch ? - Lesbian Ladies

Posted

a co worker of mine stated that she was a soft butch is that the same thing as a stud ?

Posted

I dunno, I think it's some where between Androgynous and Stud.... I dunno though, that's what I always assumed.

Ashley_Munroe
Posted

You could always google it. lol (:
I do that.

Posted

Wiki says: A soft butch or stem (stud-fem) is a woman who exhibits some stereotypical butch and lesbian traits without fitting the masculine stereotype associated with butch lesbians. These traits may or may not include short hair, clothing that was designed for men, and masculine mannerisms and behaviors. Soft butches generally appear androgynous, rather than adhering to strictly feminine or masculine norms and gender identities. In the spectrum of gender expression among lesbians, a soft butch lies closer to a butch lesbian than to a lipstick lesbian.

Ashley_Munroe
Posted

Then I guess that's what it is. lol (:

Ashley_Munroe
Posted

Yes. Hahaha XD

Posted

i now think im a soft butch or maybe a stud-femme lol

Posted

lol well i asked because i think the person that told me that has conflict i don't think she's out because no one else at my job knows about it... why'd she tell me?

Jacci_Harris
Posted

lol...maybe she just feels comfortable with you.

Posted

People (especially women) at work decide to tell me that they are a tad bi-curious lol i dnt know if they expect me to set them up or offer lesbian advice its a bit like TIFFS A DYKE ASK HER LOL

Posted

at school that happens to me all the time. bi-curious, straights, and gays (in the closet) come to me and ask me all about being gay, because im out of the closet. and the straight girls constantly ask how do lesbians do it... im still a virgin so its kind of annoring.