And when we hold hands our bodies become one
Oh, how it would be so much fun
If it didn’t matter who won
It only matters when we’re together
And we both stay that way forever
In the rainy weathers
With plastic knives in our spines

Posted

Is the plastic knives in the spines refer to betrayal or symbolic of holding you love together like you are daring the other to screw up or have secrets to keep each other together and if that is the case the relationship is not honest.
So please let me know what you are saying here so I can understand it.Thanks

Posted

I just read the poem aloud and it sounds like you have ended the relationship
that you did not want to end. It sounds like you fight alot and were in a competitive relatiionship. Sounds like you want to continue the relationship but I think what you are saying at the end is are your always going to feel that a knife is in your back because the relationship was so competitive that someone has to have a knife in their back as symbolic of losing until the other wins the fight , which is not healthy and to have constant pain in a relationship is also not healthy.
or is it you are seeking revenge?

Posted

No it is not me -or anyone- who seeks revenge, in this poem.
It back tracks to when I was in a relationship with my ex. He has done many things that hurt me, which here is symbolized by the knife in my back. I don't necessarily refer his actions to 'betrayal'; more like him being oblivious to what pain he is causing me by his stupidity. I too have caused him a bit of pain, which entitles him to have a plastic knife in his back as well but they were all pertinent to my thoughts towards his behaviour.

I constantly wonder about life and death. And I share these deep thoughts with him. The idea of me being with him was always a worry; I'd always wonder about him and the life we have both chosen for ourselves. He too thinks the same, so that's why we feel somewhat the same (connected like the same person).
In some ways we were different. In his mentality, winning and being "IT" was all that mattered. However, that did not all matter to me.

Through it all, we both held on to our own secrets (like everybody else) and we were fine with that. It was just unfortunate that the outcome of this relationship did not last.
Does anything last?

Posted

well yes - but far and few in between. I have met some wonderful couples in my time that think that their struggles were worth the time they put into it. However I see your point as we do live in a throw away society these days with everything including relationships.
I am glad you explained yourself there and the poem makes more sense.
Neat title. Since you were not using your name it just gave me the idea that maybe you did not want someone to see it that may be on here so it also made me think differently.
I think a healthy relationship can have little secrets or things you can keep private with friends, it only becomes a problem when there is too much lying wrapped up into it and then it can weaken the relationship.
So the knife in the back just referred to pain you were causing each other. IN poems in can be symbolic of many things so thanks for writting back and letting me know.
If anyone does not understand certain things in my poems I like them to also ask me to as I want to be understood.
Good poem by the way- Secret Person

Posted

Thanks Jeanie Baker for that input! I appreciate it I'll gladly ask questions when I can!